Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Wonder why rugby fanatic Italia hasn’t even viewed the thread?

Houdi

Great result and a fantastic performance it looks likely the title could be wrapped up at Plymouth away.Hopefully we can win the title at our next home game, but if not a trip to sunny Devon beckons.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Love that!

Opening lines of the official DMP match report on their club site.

In acknowledging the superb Coventry RFC performance at the Northern Echo Arena as probably the best DMPRFC have witnessed in their short history in National League One, it is best to firstly dispense with the 'negative' side of yesterday's game prior, which is absolutely no reflection on the visitors.

The Coventry tally contained at least 3 tries that included obvious forward passes in their build up.”

I can only see from the footage the 2nd Try being probably forward pass......

In fairness the rest of the report praises Cov.

wingy

Opening lines of the official DMP match report on their club site.

In acknowledging the superb Coventry RFC performance at the Northern Echo Arena as probably the best DMPRFC have witnessed in their short history in National League One, it is best to firstly dispense with the 'negative' side of yesterday's game prior, which is absolutely no reflection on the visitors.

The Coventry tally contained at least 3 tries that included obvious forward passes in their build up.”

I can only see from the footage the 2nd Try being probably forward pass......

In fairness the rest of the report praises Cov.
The second where it goes inside at the end looks alright to me but at the start off the floor looks close.
The third may have on the short interchange, see them every week and they all pass.
The fourth looks like it goes right out to the wing and might go forward when it comes back inside.
The run on the last one, who was that, covered 40 metres in no time.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The second where it goes inside at the end looks alright to me but at the start off the floor looks close.
The third may have on the short interchange, see them every week and they all pass.
The fourth looks like it goes right out to the wing and might go forward when it comes back inside.
The run on the last one, who was that, covered 40 metres in no time.

Can’t work it out he looks a big lad but surely cannot be a forward. (Assume you mean the guy who breaks into their half?)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

There's some great enterprising play there and bloody hell, just how quick ARE our players?

Even the camera struggles to keep up with our pace at times. ;)

Covs big strength this season pace all over the pitch and with being comfortably the fittest side in the league it’s no surprise they’re flying away with it.

no_loyalty

I'm not a very big Rugby fan (the wife is) but I like to see all teams that originate from Coventry doing well, if Cov RFC's last home match of the season doesn't clash with a CCFC home game, then I will more than likely attend, and then be known as a glory hunting band wagon jumper.

Otis

I'm not a very big Rugby fan (the wife is) but I like to see all teams that originate from Coventry doing well, if Cov RFC's last home match of the season doesn't clash with a CCFC home game, then I will more than likely attend, and then be known as a glory hunting band wagon jumper.
Same here.

Be great if loads of City fans go.

Hopefully they can explain the rules on the scoreboard as the match plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread