Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

Otis

I get what you're saying (so don't think I'm not saying it's sad!) but, if I could reach 103, still be able to go to games regularly, and be loved and have achieved like he has...

I'd call that a life worth celebrating.
Yeah, I would say that was a wonderful life.

Time for celebration of his life, rather than mourn his passing.

99.9% of us would give our right arm to get to 100 and still be getting about.

Hats off to the bloke.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yeah, I would say that was a wonderful life.

Time for celebration of his life, rather than mourn his passing.

99.9% of us would give our right arm to get to 100 and still be getting about.

Hats off to the bloke.

Just reading Cov chairman Jon Sharp visited him in hospital a few weeks back took the league trophy along & the programme, Harry was reading it out all without glasses!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’ve just compared CCFC & CRFC Home fixtures only 5 Saturdays where they don’t clash which is a shame, the first game being a cup game where Cov Rugby are at home to Yorkshire Carnegie in the Cup 17th November.

1st league came where CRFC are at home and CCFC are away is 19th January!

Other dates
9th February
2nd March
13th April

Cov Rugby games may be moved for tv etc.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well yesterday’s tweet was a hidden message thatvte players were sent out in teams around the city to find various landmarks,etc.

But today there is an Aussie player being announced at 5pm.....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Rumours of James Voss on loan from Tigers. Has played loosehead, lock and back row, so versatile if nothing else.

Saw the club have added him to the squad list so odd if not.

Any other rumours Kneeza?

Must be one more big name back in the locker?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Sad news that ex Cov prop Carl Rimmer has had to retire at 32 after having a stroke (nicked an artery during a game didn’t realise and had a stroke 2days later) remember him playing for Cov early BPA days bleached blonde hair.

Had a good career with Exeter in the Prem.

Kneeza

Sad news that ex Cov prop Carl Rimmer has had to retire at 32 after having a stroke (nicked an artery during a game didn’t realise and had a stroke 2days later) remember him playing for Cov early BPA days bleached blonde hair.

Had a good career with Exeter in the Prem.
Used to see Carl most mornings running along Binley Road. Then a friend of mine married his dad, Graham, who was chairman of Earlsdon RFC at the time. They live in Shropshire now. Carl's a smashing lad, but don't see much of him these days as he's totally settled in Ex. Loves the place.

Users who are viewing this thread