Coventry U23 v Peterborough U23 Tues 1pm Higgs Centre (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

Thing I wonder about Pask is whether he actually enjoys playing football or if he's one of those players that was just good at it so decided to do it as a job? Or maybe the injuries earlier in his career dampened his enthusiasm?

He was so highly rated at West Ham but has never really got close. Plus he has/had that removals business on the side suggesting he was looking outside the game for opportunities, again could be due to injuries making him realise this probably wouldn't last forever or just isn't in love with his current career.
It sounds like Pask is being sensible and preparing for when he finishes football. He's unlikely to be able to amass millions to live off for the rest of his life, so it's good to see he's making preparations.
Football is littered with stories of players who never prepared for when their careers finish.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It sounds like Pask is being sensible and preparing for when he finishes football. He's unlikely to be able to amass millions to live off for the rest of his life, so it's good to see he's making preparations.
Football is littered with stories of players who never prepared for when their careers finish.

I'm not knocking it at all. Good to see a sensible head on his shoulders. A lot of players will look to stay in the game in some way through coaching, managing, scouting etc. after playing but he's going a very different route, suggesting he's not exactly in love with the game.

pusbccfc

Well played Jodi

Londonccfcfan

Sounds like Jodi is getting his mojo back a bit. Any player with eyes on the first team should be smashing it at this level and he is.

I just dont see it with Jodi. But having big faith in management see something there that makes him a championship level potential asset

better days

Pask apparently sent off for a professional foul but wasn't last man according to what I heard
Couldn't make the game unfortunately but Peterborough are usually a physical side and that was the case today I'm told
Needed the senior players to step up and they did

shmmeee

I just dont see it with Jodi. But having big faith in management see something there that makes him a championship level potential asset

He’s got a great shot and if he can get back to running at defences he’ll be a real asset I think. We’re desperately short of dangerous forwards. All ours can either run but not shoot or score but not create.

fernandopartridge

He’s got a great shot and if he can get back to running at defences he’ll be a real asset I think. We’re desperately short of dangerous forwards. All ours can either run but not shoot or score but not create.
He's also comfortable getting the ball in wider positions even if playing centrally, it will help open the game up as we're sometimes too narrow in attack

Frostie

The lad definitely needs some confidence which is understandable, games like today should do him the world of good.

higgs

Seems to know how to find the back of the net

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

Jones is one of the best finishers at the club after the strikers, and it might well be as the season progresses he gets to play a more active role with the first team. His attitude has been exemplary and if anyone deserves some good fortune it is him.

larry_david

Question for the in the knows/knowledgeable.

We're clearly quality for the u23 league. Is the plan to keep individuals to win this league or is a mass loan exodus likely in January?

I'd argue tavares, Drysdale, Reid, ngandu need a loan. I'd also argue magrath, Burroughs, Rowe and rus would benefit from one

better days

We're clearly quality for the u23 league. Is the plan to keep individuals to win this league or is a mass loan exodus likely in January?

I'd argue tavares, Drysdale, Reid, ngandu need a loan. I'd also argue magrath, Burroughs, Rowe and rus would benefit from one
Tbh we have used a lot of senior players in the U23s this season getting game time
Of the young players who played today there aren't many banging the door down to get into the first team squad
Eccles is already there and perhaps Tavares not far off
The jury is out on the other young lads who featured today I guess

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree that if they're running away with the 23's then getting them a bigger challenge would be more beneficial. Depends on who might want to take them on for the latter half of the season when clubs tend to be looking for experience to help with promotion or relegation pressures.

better days

@better days do you think there is a chance eccles could be in the squad as early as saturday? Do you have any indication of where he is fitness wise?
I wasn't at the game today but I heard he played well and believe he stayed on for the full 90
Difficult to say whether he'll be in on Saturday
Will depend on fitness of others in the squad I guess
If one or two are missing he has a better chance

higgs

Great to have eccles back fit he's like a new signing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread