Match Thread Coventry v Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Aug (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Nick

Administrator
They are actually awful, keep kicking out out play.

We need some pace to take advantage.

ccfcway

I don't mind losing to a League Two pompy in this cup as we aren't a full team yet, but not happy with.....

f00030f3-a203-451c-9437-60d8184d06b7.jpg

Tempo can certainly be upped...

coop

Sounds like a crock of shit and I am so.looking forward to Saturday. This is pompeys reserve team we are only a couple of player's short.

MatthewWallis

George Thomas is way too slow and too weak to be effective in any way. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't score a goal all season.

No one seems capable of thinking of looking to the side, if they Rose would've been in acres of space dozens of times

coop

We are slow and predictable same as second half of last season I do think TM is slowly loosing the plot .Saturday after the match he said they must of watched us play and matched us wtf no money available no plan b.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We shouldn't throw the cup away, it's revenue, and it's a chance to play a bigger team.

Pompey might be playing their second string team, but ours is pretty much full strength. A defeat would be pretty embarrassing I think.

We sound like we're being out paced and out muscled on everything.

Great_Expectations

Poor performance. Few moments of intricate passing, but I literally mean a few.

Stevenson looks composed but lightweight, Vlad looks like he could run a game but not involved enough, Harries was looking good but a few silly errors in the last 10/15. Lameires is trying but he needs movement around him.

Thomas is awful, Haynes is getting consistently skinned, Rose is an outlet but can't do much with it.

No idea what out tactic is.

Not excited for Saturday, but a few signings may change it all....

[QUOTE ="ccfcway, post: 1135230, member: 1998"]We cant afford to, but its where we are and people need to both accept that and get used to it. get there early ![/QUOTE]
The problem is, the more obstacles someone faces, the more likely they don't bother. Not bothering sounds like the right decision.

Otis

It's not simple actually - the club were berated for not using ticket master and now they have. If you have a concert which hasn't sold out you can't pay on the gate. Go to a theatre - can't come in a minute to go and expect to get in. Your comparison is shite really.
Don't think too much of your comparison either, Grendel, cos historically for football matches you have been able to pay on the gate and on occasions such as this you more often than not can pay on the gate. :)

stevefloyd

Defence looking suspect with Haynes and Harries aka the howler twins.. Lameiras is just too slow as is the slug we have up front albeit a fattish slug. GHADZEV SPRAYING THE BALL ABOUT well ...poxy cap lock.. stevenson doing ok but bloody hell we have no cutting edge needs a change maybe reid and jones for thomas and lameiras

SkyBlueZack

Am I in some alternate universe where we're not actually in League one with no money and owners that have lumbered us with debt? I don't get this only able to attract players at the end of their career or youngsters. How is that different to any other League one club?

Users who are viewing this thread