Match Thread Coventry v Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The other thing is that if say 500 people turned up to a box office without tickets 30 minutes before there would be a queue wouldn't there?

I went to bloody Grand Designs at the NEC and queued for 25 minutes to get a ticket...

chiefdave

The other thing is that if say 500 people turned up to a box office without tickets 30 minutes before there would be a queue wouldn't there?

I went to bloody Grand Designs at the NEC and queued for 25 minutes to get a ticket...
It has to be that. Nobody has said the individual transactions were slow so it has to be volume of people. But why do we have a bigger proportion of supporters turning up on the day without tickets? I had a look at other clubs today and teams with much bigger stadiums have a similar number of on the day ticket sellers.

Captain Dart

Joy Division

But you can't. You buy them from the ticket office, exactly the same setup as we had last night.

Yes! But you can still buy them on the day can't you.

Anyway, looks like Preston had similar issues for their League cup tie, this was 8 minutes after kick off.

CpcGfTJWIAQAykp.jpg

chiefdave

Yes! But you can still buy them on the day can't you.
You could buy them on the night on Tuesday! The problem will always be, no matter what system you use, if a large number of people turn up relatively late in the day without tickets there will be queues.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else remember the queues for Blackpool away? I got there 20 minutes before kickoff WITH a ticket, I got in 10 minutes in.

Joy Division

You could buy them on the night on Tuesday! The problem will always be, no matter what system you use, if a large number of people turn up relatively late in the day without tickets there will be queues.

Yes I know! My original response is to somebody saying with concerts you can't! Yes, people are always going to turn up late in the day for a game, especially evening matches, so you maximise every opportunity to get people through the gate. At least it looks like the club have rectified this now.

Users who are viewing this thread