Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (4 Viewers)

W

westcountry_skyblue

4-1 win JCH first scorer,Honestly think some on here are bigging them up to much.
Apparently were we not the best team to play at their place this season so their fans said.
Onwards and upwards PUSB CTID!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlansEyes

After years of only having survival to play for at the end of the season I can't wait to see how we're going to deliver our traditional end of season crushing disappointment. Will it be a last-minute 1-0 defeat tomorrow night before sliding out of the play offs or a win tomorrow followed by defeats in our last two games to ensure our slide out of the play offs? The excitement is killing me.

W

westcountry_skyblue

After years of only having survival to play for at the end of the season I can't wait to see how we're going to deliver our traditional end of season crushing disappointment. Will it be a last-minute 1-0 defeat tomorrow night before sliding out of the play offs or a win tomorrow followed by defeats in our last two games to ensure our slide out of the play offs? The excitement is killing me.
Fook me,I bet your household is a bundle of laughs!!

higgs

I think Willis and Davies are the better pairing at the moment. McDonald not the same player as he was early on in the season.
Since his wife had the kid rod hasn't been the same player

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ricketts

5-0 for me, comfortable win.

Is Davies more physical than Concrete? I haven't seen them side by side but I'd always had Rod down as the nearest we have to a brick shithouse.

Ponticelli and Biamou to come off the bench, like most I am struggling to choose the right sided midfielder. I can see it being Bayliss. Jordans pace and running may just get him the nod though.

Otis

5-0 for me, comfortable win.

Is Davies more physical than Concrete? I haven't seen them side by side but I'd always had Rod down as the nearest we have to a brick shithouse.

Ponticelli and Biamou to come off the bench, like most I am struggling to choose the right sided midfielder. I can see it being Bayliss. Jordans pace and running may just get him the nod though.
Surely Willis is much stronger and more physical than Rod?

fernandopartridge

Tempted to drive down for the game tomorrow, don't usually do midweek home games due to distance. In pissing Leeds tomorrow though which is a traffic nightmare.

covcity4life

When Davies got a run in the side he was our best defender and it was only injury that cost him his place.
if he wa sour best defender why did he not start the season? also pretty sure hes been put back on bench once pre injury too

dont get me wrong, im not saying i dont like him or that he isnt best equipped to deal with certain cbs

i just dont like people never learning from their mistakes

willis is lightweight i want him out,rod is the best,davies is better
omg willis is injured we need him back,rod needs to be dropped

and soon it will be davies is a liability,we need rod starting

etc

fernandopartridge

if he wa sour best defender why did he not start the season? also pretty sure hes been put back on bench once pre injury too

dont get me wrong, im not saying i dont like him or that he isnt best equipped to deal with certain cbs

i just dont like people never learning from their mistakes

willis is lightweight i want him out,rod is the best,davies is better
omg willis is injured we need him back,rod needs to be dropped

and soon it will be davies is a liability,we need rod starting

etc

He didn't sign until a few games in tbf. He has done well but I see no reason why he should automatically come back in.

McDonald made a mistake on Friday yes, but like you say he and Willis have been otherwise pretty good.

Esoterica

I know a lot of people rave about Lincoln's managers, but I absolutely hate them.

They're a bunch of goons and they come across like some self-entitled bellends.

I hope we smash them.
I can't decide. Was previously a bit jealous because Cowley always gives really long pre and post match interviews and answers anything thrown at him. They are often around 10 minutes which is great when you consider that our offering is 90 seconds of Clive looking like the Dulux puppy with him just sat there licking Robins face. But recently I think Cowley has started to belief his own hype and just likes the sound of his own voice.

Paxman II

Lincoln as nervous as we are I would expect. A draw suits both sides so there will be caution and breakaways to try and win it from both teams but not losing is the priority here over gun ho. So everything depends on the set up MR's goes with.
Bayliss should return and I think we will create chances and take at least one of them over 90 minutes.
But I feel the sense of occasion could see us conceding too.
1-1.

shmmeee

Going to stick my neck out and predict that we'll win all remaining matches, and in some style, but still miss out on autos.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I like it. Now is the time for ridiculously bold statements.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can't decide. Was previously a bit jealous because Cowley always gives really long pre and post match interviews and answers anything thrown at him. They are often around 10 minutes which is great when you consider that our offering is 90 seconds of Clive looking like the Dulux puppy with him just sat there licking Robins face. But recently I think Cowley has started to belief his own hype and just likes the sound of his own voice.

It was their cup win last season which did it for me first time. I saw them on Match of The Day and they just came across really stuck up and wankerish.

wingy

Referee is Mike Jones still refing the Prem and occassionally lower league games .
Season stats 101 yellows 3reds.
Most recent Stat being 9yellows in Barnsley v Boston .

Gazolba

I predict Robins will leave out Ponticelli and play a conservative line-up. And we'll concede an early goal due to a defensive mistake.
I'm sure Lincoln are studying the tapes of the Yeovil game with great interest.

wingy

You might like this.

Good listen .
Audio on a par with Ryton interviews questions bringing far more detailed response.
Praise for our backline ,with the provisio, Burge comes and catches anything of quality.
Wonder if Bostwicks appeal succeeded ?

skyblueinBaku

Referee is Mike Jones still refing the Prem and occassionally lower league games .
Season stats 101 yellows 3reds.
Most recent Stat being 9yellows in Barnsley v Boston .
In that case, there must be a good chance that Matt Rhead won't be on the field for 90 minutes.

Ricketts

You might like this.

Enjoyed that. Fair comments and answered well.

Lot of respect for CCFC, ran through the team, sounds like he is trying to get MR to pick Haynes. Said Burge is decent, which can't be right because far more qualified experts on here disagree!

So they are bringing 3000, thats decent for a Tuesday night. Likely to out sing us.

Users who are viewing this thread