Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (5 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Because this the City and we are who we are, I can see one of the following two scenarios arising.

1. We lose tonight and have to get a draw and a win out of our last two matches, causing widespread panic and fear we will miss out.

Or

2. We win, but then, only needing one more point, lose at Cheltenham on Saturday, leaving us having to get a draw in the last game. Just a draw right? Piss of piss.

You would think after a win we would all be believing, but a loss then on Saturday could bring all the doubts flooding back. This is the City.

Be typical of us to then go 1-0 down against Morecambe, last game of the season and City spend the rest of the match trying to batter down their resolute defensive backline. City fans, half watching the game, but also with ears cupped to radios trying to see how Mansfield are getting on.

On the other hand of course, it could be 0-0 bore draw tonight and then Mansfield totally cock it up on Saturday, gifting us the place. ;)

Somehow, I don't think it is all just going to be straightforwards.
What is going on in your head at 5am Otis.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rumour going around that Bostwicks red card has been overturned. I have checked the FA site and it is still showing him suspended.

I reckon it is fake news by some twatter trying to get their following up

I would be surprised if they've even bothered appealing - risks increasing the ban for what is seen as a key player to them, and not an obvious error by the ref from the replays. I think the suggestion of appealing about the card is to keep MR guessing about what side they will put out, hoping to gain a small advantage.

Otis

I would be surprised if they've even bothered appealing - risks increasing the ban for what is seen as a key player to them, and not an obvious error by the ref from the replays. I think the suggestion of appealing about the card is to keep MR guessing about what side they will put out, hoping to gain a small advantage.
We will surely know early on this morning if it's been rescinded or not.

covcity4life

Very unlike you to slip up...

He was in the starting side for a good few weeks consecutively with Rod McDonald on the bench till his broken collar bone at Forest Green.

One thing I do like about MR is his reluctance to drop one of his defenders just because a player is fit again as we’ve seen with Willis, Davis Hyam and Mcdonald. He’s been fair across the back line.

It’s been the riches of the side this season. 4 central defenders who all bring something different but can all equally do a solid job when on there game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dont try so hard

i never said he didnt leave team cos of injury

i said i thought there was also a time when he was just dropped. maybe he wasnt. point stands robins seems to rate willis and rod higher. 1 off mistake shouldnt lead to being dropped. that said robins seems more peeved off with him switching off so he will have to watch that

i like him. he was amazing vs stoke. but i can like davies without thinking willis and rod are bad all of a sudden, seems many of our fans cant. always fickle and changing their minds who is good and who isnt. you and otis wanted willis sold for cyring out loud lmao now you begrudgingly admit he should not be dropped. i was right............again

dont talk about slipping up, evans failed to get promotion with 2 teams, mowbray has done it with 1 :)

Last edited:

ccfcricoh

They have appealed it - just watched the Cowley pre-match interview and he confirmed - they are hopeful it will be turned over - i dont think it will be!

Sky Blue Harry H

They have appealed it - just watched the Cowley pre-match interview and he confirmed - they are hopeful it will be turned over - i dont think it will be!

Fair enough
NewsNow: Loading story...
The attached article seems odd, as you would have to wonder how they had inside info as to the outcome (before it is officially confirmed?!)
I wouldn't be bothered if the appeal was successful, as I don't think he is all that special, and would prefer to face him than the big centre back who scored that towering header on Saturday (Luke Waterfall ?)

steve82

dont try so hard

i never said he didnt leave team cos of injury

i said i thought there was also a time when he was just dropped. maybe he wasnt. point stands robins seems to rate willis and rod higher. 1 off mistake shouldnt lead to being dropped. that said robins seems more peeved off with him switching off so he will have to watch that

i like him. he was amazing vs stoke. but i can like davies without thinking willis and rod are bad all of a sudden, seems many of our fans cant. always fickle and changing their minds who is good and who isnt. you and otis wanted willis sold for cyring out loud lmao now you begrudgingly admit he should not be dropped. i was right............again

dont talk about slipping up, evans failed to get promotion with 2 teams, mowbray has done it with 1 :)

I’ve not said you don’t like Davies, I think we can all see the qualities he brings to the side when selected the same with Willis and Mcdonald. All bring different qualities to the side.

I do agree some can be quick to call for a change on the back of a error but I think that’s a minority.

And yes I did suggest selling Willis, because he’s a big value that could of strengthened the squad with a few players in January and guess what stay in L2 I’ll say it again! Good solid player with pace to get out of danger but let’s be honest he’s made as many errors as Rod Mcdonald has and switched off, he’s not bulletproof. None are, it’s L2. Take his pace away he’d not be in my starting side I’d have Davies and Mcdonald in all honesty.

I won’t even entertain your game with TM...

fernandopartridge

Can't make tonight's game, never though I'd be this disappointed to miss a Tuesday night home game vs Lincoln City. Oh well, least they're without my curse PUSB.

matesx

i have 5 mates coming tonight who have only been a handful times all season.

Hoping this is a good general gauge for the pull of tonight's game.

12k would be decent i suppose.

ccfcricoh

Fair enough
NewsNow: Loading story...
The attached article seems odd, as you would have to wonder how they had inside info as to the outcome (before it is officially confirmed?!)
I wouldn't be bothered if the appeal was successful, as I don't think he is all that special, and would prefer to face him than the big centre back who scored that towering header on Saturday (Luke Waterfall ?)
Agree that's odd... if its overturned though you know he's going to score!

covcity4life

I’ve not said you don’t like Davies, I think we can all see the qualities he brings to the side when selected the same with Willis and Mcdonald. All bring different qualities to the side.

I do agree some can be quick to call for a change on the back of a error but I think that’s a minority.

And yes I did suggest selling Willis, because he’s a big value that could of strengthened the squad with a few players in January and guess what stay in L2 I’ll say it again! Good solid player with pace to get out of danger but let’s be honest he’s made as many errors as Rod Mcdonald has and switched off, he’s not bulletproof. None are, it’s L2. Take his pace away he’d not be in my starting side I’d have Davies and Mcdonald in all honesty.

I won’t even entertain your game with TM...

we are a league 2 outfit, pace is a big plus to have dont take willis for granted is all i will say

its great we have 4 competent centrebacks

i am not sure if davies will play tonight but i am sure he will be ready if called upon

Sky Blue Harry H

After careful consideration, I am so confident their red card won't be overturned, if it is I will buy Otis a pre-match pint prior to the Morecambe game (only want you to reveal your true identity!)

rob9872

After careful consideration, I am so confident their red card won't be overturned, if it is I will buy Otis a pre-match pint prior to the Morecambe game (only want you to reveal your true identity!)

A free pre-match pint you say?
I'm Otis (and so is my wife)!

rob9872

How come you're not on the bus Saturday H? Had the list through and I'm sure you were down to be on it at the last meeting.

Sky Blue Harry H

How come you're not on the bus Saturday H? Had the list through and I'm sure you were down to be on it at the last meeting.

I'd promised my wife a 'day out' in Cheltenham, so we're heading that way, then I'm meeting your crew in the Sudeley pub for a pre match shandy (Juggy has my ticket, so I have to turn up)!

rob9872

Love it - you know how to treat her :)
OAP ticket I assume? ;-)

Nick

Administrator
How can it be overturned if it was a foul and he was the last man outside the box?

Can understand if it was for dangerous play and they watch it back.

Sky Blue Harry H

How can it be overturned if it was a foul and he was the last man outside the box?

Cowley was going on about it had to be a clear chance within two touches of the ball following the foul (IIRC) but for me he is clutching at straws. One minute he is arguing that there bloke never had it under control (because he was being fouled!) then refers to not being in a clear goalscoring position, then says it was their bloke being fouled. Can't even make up his mind what he is arguing about.

Ashdown

Still say club should have just sold these tickets for this game at £15 a pop for Adults, couldn't make the other two matches in the deal so faced with a late decision of do I pay £50 for two adults, it's a lot for this level ! Looked at the online availability and it's hardly rocking is it ?!

rob9872

Still say club should have just sold these tickets for this game at £15 a pop for Adults, couldn't make the other two matches in the deal so faced with a late decision of do I pay £50 for two adults, it's a lot for this level ! Looked at the online availability and it's hardly rocking is it ?!
It's £30 for the last two games, so may as well buy those for £60 and try to sell the ones you don't need, if plans change it's cost you £10 for two tickets worst case.

smileycov

Facebook User

he wasn't the last man though, was a defender to the left also running back. So was harsh to deem it as clear goal scoring chance. I believe he was pulling him back, but tbf they were both tugging on each other. Thought was a soft red card if i'm honest. Decent player he is, think we need Max to play tonight, need some strength up top. Saying that, ponti and McNulty movement will come in handy. I'm going 1-1

Ashdown

It's £30 for the last two games, so may as well buy those for £60 and try to sell the ones you don't need, if plans change it's cost you £10 for two tickets worst case.
Actually that might work, have you got a link to that offer mate ?

Nick

Administrator
Cowley was going on about it had to be a clear chance within two touches of the ball following the foul (IIRC) but for me he is clutching at straws. One minute he is arguing that there bloke never had it under control (because he was being fouled!) then refers to not being in a clear goalscoring position, then says it was their bloke being fouled. Can't even make up his mind what he is arguing about.

It's no different to the Willis / ROD sendings off this season is it with it being the last man?

Rose didn't have control of the ball when Willis was sent off.

Users who are viewing this thread