Crewe (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Can the wasps branding stuff go in a new thread? :)

Nar it wouldn't be a SBT tread if they were not mentioned at least a dozen times:sleep::sleep:

Oh and we have a top of the table clash on Saturday:)
Lets see who hijacks that one?

James Smith

My Chelsea supporting mate has just sent me a text saying as he's a glory supporter he has to support the blue team that's top of the league and that's us therefore. It would obviously be embarrassing to support a team that's 16th. :D :D

stupot07

Can the wasps branding stuff go in a new thread? :)

Fill your boots. I'd forgotten we aren't allowed to criticise the Ricoh or its owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
1e85fc87468a0af88e93664c57aadaea.jpg
5b767b714339249e289851826ac26ef5.jpg

Plus the shop windows and our Jimmy hill just stood in front of it all.

Nick

Administrator
Fill your boots. I'd forgotten we aren't allowed to criticise the Ricoh or its owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
1e85fc87468a0af88e93664c57aadaea.jpg
5b767b714339249e289851826ac26ef5.jpg

Plus the shop windows and our Jimmy hill just stood in front of it all.
Can talk about it all day, just trying to keep the match threads about the matches :)

covcity4life

So struggling against one of the very poor sides in this league at home. We aren't going to win the league we won't even get 2nd place. If we can hold the squad together and not get our manager poached then possible top 6

Hahahha idiot. We dominated and had 27 shots. Another day we may have drawn but also we may have won by 5.

Scintillating performance and deserved 3.pts. I go to sleep a very proud cov fan

Goodnight

Suffolkskyblue

Just got home, roads a nightmare but all worth it, now having a celebratory beer or two. Still buzzing after that tonight.

skybluepm2

Yep, nothing wrong with their 2nd having watched it again. Just poor defending all round. Burge did fuck all for the first, didn't even move for it.

Those 2 moments aside, it was a joy to watch. The hunger and the desire from the players was incredible. The positivity inside the ground will continue to grow if we maintain this level of performance, even if we lose a couple.

Finally a team and manager to be proud of after all these years.

procdoc

Yep, nothing wrong with their 2nd having watched it again. Just poor defending all round. Burge did fuck all for the first, didn't even move for it.

I don't think any keeper in the world would have got near their first goal. The only way they were going to score in the first half was with a worldy and that's what they did.

I was so pleased with the manner of which we dictated the game. The fact that our heads didn't drop after throwing away the lead twice shows that these lads have tremendous desire and self-belief as well as ability. Some of the passing and movement was mesmerising at times.

My man of the match would go to Vincelot, didn't give the ball away, won his tackles and got us playing.

Finally Adam Armstrongs' movement is unreal. He not only makes great off the ball runs he also comes and shows for it, pulling opposition players out of position so the likes of Maddison, Lameiras and O'Brien can make runs in behind. That lad will be top class.

skybluepm2

I don't think any keeper in the world would have got near their first goal. The only way they were going to score in the first half was with a worldy and that's what they did.

I was so pleased with the manner of which we dictated the game. The fact that our heads didn't drop after throwing away the lead twice shows that these lads have tremendous desire and self-belief as well as ability. Some of the passing and movement was mesmerising at times.

My man of the match would go to Vincelot, didn't give the ball away, won his tackles and got us playing.

Finally Adam Armstrongs' movement is unreal. He not only makes great off the ball runs he also comes and shows for it, pulling opposition players out of position so the likes of Maddison, Lameiras and O'Brien can make runs in behind. That lad will be top class.

I'm not sure. I watched it live and thought the same but having seen the replay, it's as if he just left it. Didn't have a lot to do in the game and was the only player who didn't shine, but that's only my opinion.

I agree with the rest that you say ;) stokes came into his own second half, him and JOB combined really well down the left flank. I would say O'Brien just shaded MoM, fully deserved his goal.

Even if we'd have somehow ended up losing that game last night, I think the fans would still have clapped them off. Coventry fans love a team with commitment and who actually care. Fighting til the game was won was what they certainly did. Buzzing today!

Armstrong is unbelievable, on another day we would've scored 3 or 4. Was close on so many occasions, particularly in the 1st half. Definitely reminds me of Michael Owen, but his all round attributes are possibly better (not saying he's better than Owen, but has aspects to his game that Owen didn't). Praying that we keep him for the season, to lose him in January or before would be devastating. What a great signing.

kg82

I'm not sure. I watched it live and thought the same but having seen the replay, it's as if he just left it. Didn't have a lot to do in the game and was the only player who didn't shine, but that's only my opinion.

I agree with the rest that you say ;) stokes came into his own second half, him and JOB combined really well down the left flank. I would say O'Brien just shaded MoM, fully deserved his goal.

Even if we'd have somehow ended up losing that game last night, I think the fans would still have clapped them off. Coventry fans love a team with commitment and who actually care. Fighting til the game was won was what they certainly did. Buzzing today!

Armstrong is unbelievable, on another day we would've scored 3 or 4. Was close on so many occasions, particularly in the 1st half. Definitely reminds me of Michael Owen, but his all round attributes are possibly better (not saying he's better than Owen, but has aspects to his game that Owen didn't). Praying that we keep him for the season, to lose him in January or before would be devastating. What a great signing.

Honestly? Look, sometimes you just hold your hands up and say nothing could be done. I was right behind it and the curl on it was incredible. Burge couldn't have got that. Always go with your first instinct!

covcity4life

it was incredible curl but incredible saves have been made before too.

you wont win the raffle if you dont buy a ticket.

kg82

it was incredible curl but incredible saves have been made before too.

you wont win the raffle if you dont buy a ticket.

I'd put money on more goals have been scored that have incredible curl and just inside the post then incredible saves have been made from those shots!

skybluepm2

I'd put money on more goals have been scored that have incredible curl and just inside the post then incredible saves have been made from those shots!

Not doubting it was a good finish, but he didn't even attempt to move for it. Have another watch KG..

skybluepm2

Honestly? Look, sometimes you just hold your hands up and say nothing could be done. I was right behind it and the curl on it was incredible. Burge couldn't have got that. Always go with your first instinct!

Anyway, what were you doing in the Crewe end?

kg82

Anyway, what were you doing in the Crewe end?

Huh? I was behind the shot, not the goal.

Yes, he didn't attempt to move for it. Have you never seen a keeper do that before when the shot's just too good? Unfortunately, moving or not moving, he wouldn't have got there.

covcity4life

ok burge is a cov kid i get it.

murphy helped get us relegated from championship because he didnt make the big saves, this isnt anti burge

kg82

ok burge is a cov kid i get it.

murphy helped get us relegated from championship because he didnt make the big saves, this isnt anti burge

What are you talking about? I'm talking about one incident where the laws of physics and being human come into play! Not because I'm pro-born in Coventry and anti-everyone else! Don't try to over-simplify something I've said just to try and belittle it. You don't agree, that's fine, that's what this place is for.

covcity4life

excuse me, you are the one who is saying that without a shadow of doubt it was unsavable.

the rest of us are saying great finish,probably unstoppable but keeper should have given it a go as he isnt perfect by any means so we cant trust his judgement that he couldnt get it.

remember the pboro freekick? whya re you so sure burge knows when to leave a ball and when not?

Last edited:

skybluepm2

Huh? I was behind the shot, not the goal.

Yes, he didn't attempt to move for it. Have you never seen a keeper do that before when the shot's just too good? Unfortunately, moving or not moving, he wouldn't have got there.

I knew that's what you meant really ;)

I'm not saying he would've got there if he'd have dived, but it didn't end up in the top right hand corner..it was actually about halfway. I question his positioning, his ability and willingness to save it even if people think I'm wrong. Bottom line is, he's shit and was the only weak link last night again.

lifeskyblue

On replay it looked possible for burge to go for it. But live at game it looked the perfect swerving shot that no keeper could reach. I think the team switched off for both goals...the first JOB went hunting the ball left Willis and ricketts exposed. Second all went to sleep and looked for offside. Upfront especially first half I thought all front four tried too hard and often had one touch too many...Armstrong and lameries on a few occasions should have slipped the ball earlier. For me fleck was man of match...getting foot in and driving forward. I think vincelots presence gives him confidence to influence game going forward. I'm thrilled by the style of play...yes at times it doesn't pay off but watching the skill the interchanges and shots on goal certainly keeps me entertained. Was the game value for money? Definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg82

excuse me, you are the one who is saying that without a shadow of doubt it was unsavable.

the rest of us are saying great finish,probably unstoppable but keeper should have given it a go as he isnt perfect by any means so we cant trust his judgement that he couldnt get it.

remember the pboro freekick? whya re you so sure burge knows when to leave a ball and when not?

And you're the one who completely made up something I said! Sorry, here we go*

*all opinions expressed here are my own and not in any way the view of others.

Better?!

I'll add to that as well... And they are just my opinion. They're not intended as fact. Like I said, that's what this place is for.

Last edited:

Rich

The shot was taken and the keepers view was blocked by the defender. It curled around a keeper that did as much as physically possible to reach the ball. No point diving when the ball has gone now is there.

covcity4life

well we dont know if the ball would be gone if he dived lmao

going around in circles.

hopefully no issues on saturday

Rich

A keeper doesn't make a decision to stand there and wobble. Before he was able to dive the ball was gone. If he had been able to dive in an attempt to stop the ball, he would've done. To make a conscious decision to let a goal in by not diving could be construed as Match Fixing.

Bill Glazier

Superb win, at times brilliant going forward and suicidal defending.

What was with the Wasps badge all around the perimeter of the pitch, pisstake.

I can't deny part of me hopes they'll be relegated and go bust so we get OUR ground back.

hutch1972

Hahahha idiot. We dominated and had 27 shots. Another day we may have drawn but also we may have won by 5.

Scintillating performance and deserved 3.pts. I go to sleep a very proud cov fan

Goodnight

Totally agree , unlike steve davis who was proud of his players and thought they deserved something from the game , im not sure which game he's referring to but it couldn't have been last nights.

Users who are viewing this thread