Crewe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

armybike

Mowbray on the defeat "It was frustrating and disappointing, but it was a learning curve. We've got to prepare for a huge game next week"

covcity4life

Everyone bar prochwitz and reda were shite.

cannot believe so many results went againtus.scared for next weekend already

When is colchester gamw in hand? Tuesday? That is huge

James Smith

Oh b*llocks that's not good, haven't looked yet but I hope we're not at the stage of depending on other results going our way as well as our own.

James Smith

No we're not, draw the last match and we will be safe. Lose and then we will be depending on other results.

Thanks I've just read the thread Nick started on the subject and will say a small prayer tonight. My lunch ended just after their second goal went in and I then had to go and face customers with that nagging at the back of my mind.

Macca

Thanks I've just read the thread Nick started on the subject and will say a small prayer tonight. My lunch ended just after their second goal went in and I then had to go and face customers with that nagging at the back of my mind.

You big brave soldier :-D

CCFCKirky

Well that was aload of shit! In fact it was just embarrassing! But it would be City if they didn't make things difficult for themselves

SlowerThanPlatt

@Clarriebourton: For the 1st time since 2008 @Coventry_City 's fate is in balance on final day. Could be a 1977 scenario #pusb

Great_Expectations

Queues outside the ground, even for ST holders. Joke. How hard is it to allocate appropriate resource?

One attack, one goal. Predictable.

Two attacks, two goals.

Summary of the first half (and the blueprint we seem to follow most games):

We dominate.

They score on the counter.

We fall apart.

Nouble is a lazy lazy twat, how people rate him I will never know.

How many goals has he cost us this season by not tracking his man.

He adds nothing.

My posts during the game today, pretty accurately sum up another frustrating and disappointing afternoon at the Ricoh.

Skyblueweeman

Also burge was shut and cost us 2 or maybe all of the goals

I walked out of the ground just behind Burge and some nippers were after his autograph and he wasn't up for signing them. I got the impression he knew he had a bad game or he got a rollicking.

Seemed pretty down.

Skyblueweeman

Just no spirit once the first went In
Where we're the leaders today
Reda Pennington JOB?

I watch JOB quite a bit today and was impressed by his workrate. That said, as a captain, I didn't see him 'geeing up' the troops. When we went 1 behind, even 2 behind, I didn't see any motivating from him to the rest of the team. I can't fault his workrate but not as vocal as I'd expect a captain to be.

stupot07

Just no spirit once the first went In
Where we're the leaders today
Reda Pennington JOB?

I thought Reda was poor today (along with most of the team), couldn't bully Haber then got too occupied trying to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

A couple of other points...

* I thought TM was encouraging our midfield to have more shots from outside the box. I lost count of the number of times someone got into a fairly decent position on the edge of the box and could've had a pop, only to pass the ball sideways/backwards/to a Crewe player.
* I thought we tried the long ball too often today. Again, I lost count of the times the ball went up to Nouble in the box and he was beaten to it.
* Bar JOBs delivery for the goal, our crossing/set pieces were poor. Very poor for professional footballers.
* I've seen much praise for Ward on this forum. I thought he was non-existent today...hopefully it was his off day today and he'll be back to Udinese standard next week.
* Despite Fleck not doing much on the attacking front, I thought he made a couple of good challenges today, especially when they broke from corners.
* Reda won a decent amount in the air today. Powerful presence.
* Well done to the little ball boy who, late on, ran 40 yds to place the ball in the corner quadrant when we were running out of time. Biggest clap of the day I reckon (from the SBA anyway)

WM

Users who are viewing this thread