Crowd be interesting next week. (1 Viewer)

Astute

9000 with a 2-0 win happy days ....
The away support may be a bit lower but our home support should be higher.

Over 10k and a 2-1 win. We won't go through the whole season without our opponents having a decent shot on target. I would even like to see us come from behind and win. Then we would know that our team has the balls that it looks to have.

Otis

The SBT have been in fine voice. It will only help to have a noisy away following.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hope Pipe is marking Vincenti - even I might win a header against Pipe (if he hasn't by then already broken my legs)

Newport

Good luck for the season (after Saturday obviously)

How are you liking Frank Nouble? Also notice you have David Pipe there too don't you.
Likewise to yourselves - hopefully you'll get back up to where you belong.

Frank Nouble has scored a couple for us this season so no complaints. We've brought in some good players on loan signings and we've started with the momentum in which we finished last season, in keeping ourselves in the football league in dramatic fashion. Pipe was instrumental in that, he is a stalwart County favourite and his passion and determination knows no bounds.

I think it'll be a good game on Saturday - I've had a score on us to win and also win on Tuesday at Leeds.

Stranger things have happened!

Adge

If they murder us on Saturday it will be Nouble with the Pipe in the library*

* cos it will be deathly quiet in the stadium should we get tonked.
Very good! That could also lead to our "Downfall".

Gosford Green

The sun is shining people are in the holiday mood so I predict 8500. If we win it is obvious that we are going up as champions.

I do hate to imagine what the Ricoh will be like after we have lost 3 on the bounce in January with 5k rattling around inside.

Otis

I am so looking forwards to this game. Really excited.

Nice to be going into a game for a change expecting a win, or at least not expecting to lose.

Nick

Administrator
I am so looking forwards to this game. Really excited.

Nice to be going into a game for a change expecting a win, or at least not expecting to lose.

I'm not sure at what point I will be going in expecting a win, even if we are 1-0 up on 80 minutes I don't expect a win :(

letsallsingtogether

I'm not sure at what point I will be going in expecting a win, even if we are 1-0 up on 80 minutes I don't expect a win :(
And you call me negative;)
I always expect to win.
Then again I was always used to City getting the points they needed to survive...

Otis

I DIDN'T used to expect a win, but this season has a different feel to it to me and as I have said before, we can't keep thinking we can't compete and are going to constantly struggle. At some point we have to find our level, a level we can compete at.

We can't just keep being bad in every division and in League Two you look at all the teams and there is no-one to fear.

It's not like in League One where we would look and say 'Wigan should walk this this year,' or 'Bolton will almost certainly go up' etc. Season after season there was always at least one team we felt we might struggle to compete with. Well, there's none of that in League Two and we are one of the favourites.

I think we should go into every game expecting to win. That's not arrogance, that's the bookies tipping us and us all happy with the recruitment.

Otis

Not really negative, just realistic most of the time. Good side is that when we win I'm happier and less down if we lose ;)
Ahh, but not this season. Normally, yep, but if we lose on Saturday I would be fully expecting us to win the next week.

Previously I would think we may go on a bad run of form, but if we lose any in League Two I will be fully expecting us to bounce back the following week and therefore any defeats this season won't get me down.

I honestly, hand on heart can't think we will find ourselves losing 3 in a row here this season. Said before we may have a spell with no wins and bad run, but I would expect that to maybe be a 6 game run with 2 defeats and 4 draws, not multiple successive defeats.

Astute

I DIDN'T used to expect a win, but this season has a different feel to it to me and as I have said before, we can't keep thinking we can't compete and are going to constantly struggle. At some point we have to find our level, a level we can compete at.

We can't just keep being bad in every division and in League Two you look at all the teams and there is no-one to fear.

It's not like in League One where we would look and say 'Wigan should walk this this year,' or 'Bolton will almost certainly go up' etc. Season after season there was always at least one team we felt we might struggle to compete with. Well, there's none of that in League Two and we are one of the favourites.

I think we should go into every game expecting to win. That's not arrogance, that's the bookies tipping us and us all happy with the recruitment.
Maybe not expecting to win but knowing that we have more chance of winning than losing. The total opposite of my near 40 years of being a CCFC supporter.

Astute

too early for crowd increases i feel

in fact i will go with a decrease

It has already increased just with having hope for once. How many thought we would get more than 10k?

Expecting about 10k again. And that is with less away support.

covcity4life

It has already increased just with having hope for once. How many thought we would get more than 10k?

Expecting about 10k again. And that is with less away support.

i predicted 9k for first game so wasnt far off

agree with all your points but the 2nd home game of season tends to be lower than opening day

so 8k

Skybluefaz

Do we think by the end of this season that we could see the opening of the telegraph stand? What a day that would be. I think people would pile back in if we keep the wins up

Adge

Do we think by the end of this season that we could see the opening of the telegraph stand? What a day that would be. I think people would pile back in if we keep the wins up
Be interesting to see the swell come March/April if we are riding high-20,000 maybe?

Skybluefaz

Be interesting to see the swell come March/April if we are riding high-20,000 maybe?
I imagine that if all goes well and we have a chance of clinching an automatic spot in a home game towards the end of the season, the response would be Wembleyesque and the boycotters will be moaning about how many tickets season ticket holders are entitled to as they scramble to get a piece of the action.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Oh, I know.

We can be 3-0 up on 70 minutes and I will still be expecting us not to win. I'm rarely satisfied until the final whistle has gone, which kind of begs the question: What's the point?

Being a CCFC fan has given me unlimited training and vast experience in not being complacent. Ironic really, cause it is a different story on the pitch!

covcity4life

Oh, I know.

We can be 3-0 up on 70 minutes and I will still be expecting us not to win. I'm rarely satisfied until the final whistle has gone, which kind of begs the question: What's the point?

Being a CCFC fan has given me unlimited training and vast experience in not being complacent. Ironic really, cause it is a different story on the pitch!
agree however against notts county and grimsby as soon as it went 2 nil i knew we had won which as you say is not right being a cov fans.

shows just how control we are in of games recently.

Brylowes

I imagine that if all goes well and we have a chance of clinching an automatic spot in a home game towards the end of the season, the response would be Wembleyesque and the boycotters will be moaning about how many tickets season ticket holders are entitled to as they scramble to get a piece of the action.
Why would ST holders be entitled to any more tickets for a normal league home game?

You don't think supporters of this club have been given and are still being given reasons to moan?

Liquid Gold

If it got to the point we were looking at selling out for a promotion game then I'd be buying as many tickets as I could before general sale and letting friends who attend but can't go regularly have them over people who only turn up for the once every few years glamour game. Even more so the NOPM (unless Wembley, Arsenal etc) don't get them.

Skybluefaz

Why would ST holders be entitled to any more tickets for a normal league home game?

You don't think supporters of this club have been given and are still being given reasons to moan?
The season ticket holders bit was deliberately inflammatory, guilty of being a wind up merchant there.

People can moan all they like, I often moan about them, for instance the increase in match day tickets is an unwise decision in my opinion. It's the hypocritical stance of "I'm not going until sisu are gone! Starve them out!" clan that I'm getting at that will be there if there is a sniff of success. Which at the end of the day is good for the club, so so be it. Just don't give it the biggun on the Internet and be a hypocrite.

Astute

If it got to the point we were looking at selling out for a promotion game then I'd be buying as many tickets as I could before general sale and letting friends who attend but can't go regularly have them over people who only turn up for the once every few years glamour game. Even more so the NOPM (unless Wembley, Arsenal etc) don't get them.
And would buy 15,000 tickets to make sure that I wouldn't get one.

Grendel

Which by your own definition means that season ticket holders should be recognised for their loyalty

shmmeee

Not really negative, just realistic most of the time. Good side is that when we win I'm happier and less down if we lose ;)

You don’t need to pick, that’s what I realised. Be stupidly optimistic when things are going well, then rant and rave when it’s shit.

Best of both worlds.

Brylowes

Which by your own definition means that season ticket holders should be recognised for their loyalty
ST holders are and indeed should be recognised for their loyalty i.e. The price per game,
Priority on away and cup tickets etc.
But I don't get where you are coming from.

Otis

ST holders are and indeed should be recognised for their loyalty i.e. The price per game,
Priority on away and cup tickets etc.
But I don't get where you are coming from.
Usually down his very long winding drive and through his electric gates.

Liquid Gold

I think city should pick a game to offer tickets for just 1p to all the people on social media who claim to be NOPM with the proviso that they send in proof that they've posted on twitter, FB or the telegraph that they are no longer NOPM.

Users who are viewing this thread