Crowd be interesting next week. (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

It is starting to look to me as though some want to keep us divided. Just look at some if the accusations on this thread. Either that or they have a 1 track mind and won't consider anything but their own view.
I do get why some feel that way. I feel bitter about the way things have been but if we want to have a club to support, a club we should love more than we hate Sisu, then now is as good a time as any to back the team.

Irish Sky Blue

Do they? You have totally ignored me saying Richard Stevens was sorting the academy stuff. Chris Anderson sorted ticket master. So you aren't aware by the look of it.

No doubt you will just say "yes but they hired so and so" and lead it back, in which case you will be praising them for robins and tw right?

That's the thing, if you are finding every little thing that's bad and finding a path back it works on the other side, which is why people are imagining things like "sisu in" and you keep acting as if people are saying things should be ignored. You at all little gripes are valid back to sisu, so using your logic praise is valid too. That's why you see people being happy with ccfc as praising sisu, that's not how it is.

Nobody has said a thing should be forgotten, no idea why you keep saying that.

The tone from some posters is that fans should support the team as things are going well and forget about the ownership issues. It has even been suggested on this thread that perhaps Sisu have learnt from their mistakes and have changed.
I wouldn't call the major issues mentioned above every little thing. I wouldn't call being in this division a little thing. The problems we have, the division we now play in, it is all down to Sisu. Do they show that they have learnt, that they are changing? I don't think they are. You mention Richard Stevens and the academy as if the problem is Noe solved. As far as I am aware the deadline for us to leave is still March. Was it down to Richard Stevens that we are still there or down to the fact that for whatever reason Wasps haven't got their act together to start their building work? If they had and we weren't at the Higgs, where would we be because aside from the announcement from Finham Park, little else seemed to have been done.
You can say that we should be greatful to Sisu for bringing in Mark Robins. Should we not therefore question their failure on the football front and the multitude of failed managers over the past ten years. We should be grateful to Sisu for last year's Checkatrade victory as the four managers they employed all masterminded our road to Wembley.
Ultimately everything that goes on at the football club is down to the owners because the buck stops with them.
We have had ten years of failure and disaster our decisions that have put the existence of the club in danger. That is still the case today.
I don't trust Sisu. I see exactly the same pattern of misinformation and no information about the really key issues that affect the club that has been their profile since they arrived.
I support Mark Robin's. I hope he is given the chance to succeed that his predecessors didn't get and that includes the time he needs to see out periods of bad results.
I can only conclude from your stance that you think we should forget about the stadium, academy and training ground issues and let matters take their course.

Nick

Administrator
The tone from some posters is that fans should support the team as things are going well and forget about the ownership issues. It has even been suggested on this thread that perhaps Sisu have learnt from their mistakes and have changed.
I wouldn't call the major issues mentioned above every little thing. I wouldn't call being in this division a little thing. The problems we have, the division we now play in, it is all down to Sisu. Do they show that they have learnt, that they are changing? I don't think they are. You mention Richard Stevens and the academy as if the problem is Noe solved. As far as I am aware the deadline for us to leave is still March. Was it down to Richard Stevens that we are still there or down to the fact that for whatever reason Wasps haven't got their act together to start their building work? If they had and we weren't at the Higgs, where would we be because aside from the announcement from Finham Park, little else seemed to have been done.
You can say that we should be greatful to Sisu for bringing in Mark Robins. Should we not therefore question their failure on the football front and the multitude of failed managers over the past ten years. We should be grateful to Sisu for last year's Checkatrade victory as the four managers they employed all masterminded our road to Wembley.
Ultimately everything that goes on at the football club is down to the owners because the buck stops with them.
We have had ten years of failure and disaster our decisions that have put the existence of the club in danger. That is still the case today.
I don't trust Sisu. I see exactly the same pattern of misinformation and no information about the really key issues that affect the club that has been their profile since they arrived.
I support Mark Robin's. I hope he is given the chance to succeed that his predecessors didn't get and that includes the time he needs to see out periods of bad results.
I can only conclude from your stance that you think we should forget about the stadium, academy and training ground issues and let matters take their course.

Who has even hinted at forgetting SISU? Nobody has. Where have I said we should forget everything? It's madness. I haven't even hinted at that in the slightest and nobody has in the thread. It's the same when people bang on about SISU lovers.

You were the one who gave examples, I said every little thing. Have a look about at people blaming SISU for every little thing possible, it's there.

The thing is though, I'm not saying we shoul be grateful to them for anything. The same stance I have had all along, equally I'm not trying to work up the ladder to blame them if somebody in the ticket office makes a mistake or the social media isn't up to scratch.

All I did was turn your "but they hired them" logic around when you want to blame them for things. If you want to blame them for everything within CCFC, then using that logic the credit works their way up too. The fact you can't see why I said "we should give SISU credit" as just reversing your logic to be about good things is baffling.

Make up your mind, if SISU are responsible for everything bad then they should get a bit of credit for the good things. OR could people within CCFC be responsible for both good and bad things away from SISU?

I see the JSB stuff, the decent social media as things that are happening because of the people within CCFC. Likewise if a JSB pack doesn't arrive in time I would be blaming the people who deal with JSB's within CCFC.

If somebody in Sports Direct goes out of their way to help me and provides a great service do I credit Mike Ashley? If somebody in Sports Direct tells me they don't have my size because I'm a fat twat do I blame Mike Ashley?

Astute

Why don't you point those posts out then?

I just can't believe that wanting fan unity and getting behind our team could be taken in such a way.

Or would you prefer whistles, pigs thrown on the pitch and all kind of chants and demonstrations to risk what could be a very good season for us?

Irish Sky Blue

Who has even hinted at forgetting SISU? Nobody has. Where have I said we should forget everything? It's madness. I haven't even hinted at that in the slightest and nobody has in the thread. It's the same when people bang on about SISU lovers.

You were the one who gave examples, I said every little thing. Have a look about at people blaming SISU for every little thing possible, it's there.

The thing is though, I'm not saying we shoul be grateful to them for anything. The same stance I have had all along, equally I'm not trying to work up the ladder to blame them if somebody in the ticket office makes a mistake or the social media isn't up to scratch.

All I did was turn your "but they hired them" logic around when you want to blame them for things. If you want to blame them for everything within CCFC, then using that logic the credit works their way up too. The fact you can't see why I said "we should give SISU credit" as just reversing your logic to be about good things is baffling.

Make up your mind, if SISU are responsible for everything bad then they should get a bit of credit for the good things. OR could people within CCFC be responsible for both good and bad things away from SISU?

I see the JSB stuff, the decent social media as things that are happening because of the people within CCFC. Likewise if a JSB pack doesn't arrive in time I would be blaming the people who deal with JSB's within CCFC.

If somebody in Sports Direct goes out of their way to help me and provides a great service do I credit Mike Ashley? If somebody in Sports Direct tells me they don't have my size because I'm a fat twat do I blame Mike Ashley?
The following are all quotes off this thread.

Whilst agreeing with you and still wanting new owners, there has to be a time when our focus is on the pitch and not the boardroom.

The legals could be over now. But most importantly the boys need our backing. Anti SISU chants don't help the atmosphere.We are finally on the up. We just had a win at Wembley and now we are top of the table. OK it is only after 2 games. But it was 2 deserving wins. We should be enjoying the season and not concentrating on something we can't change. have called a truce on the matter. Well at least as long as they don't do something else stupid. To me it is all about backing the lads and losing my voice after every game.

Agree entirely. Hate the offfield stuff but we seem (Sisu seem) to have got the message.

Actually I agree with all you are saying, but it's time to park the bile and focus on the grass.

Astute is no fan of Sisu, he is a CCFC fan and wants to enjoy the season, like majority of fans. Give the Sisu stuff a rest.

Many people are saying take the focus off Sisu, just enjoy what is happening on the pitch. I don't agree that the focus should be taken off Sisu. It is possible to support the team, enjoy what will hopefully be a successful season, but make sure that those in authority know that most City fans are not happy with the owners. If the only way this happens is by a few Sisu Out chants at each match so be it. Will it affect the team on the pitch, no. Will it make Sisu leave, no. Will it register with the wider football community that the discontent with Sisu is a lot deeper than relegations and a poor team, hopefully. The alternative seems to just meekly accept that we can do nothing about Sisu and quietly go away.
Where we play next season, the fate of the academy and the training ground rest with Sisu. Do we just ignor this because for once we are having a successful season? What do you suggest is the way forward to put pressure on those in power to make sure that they hold Sisu to account?

ccfcway

I just can't believe that wanting fan unity and getting behind our team could be taken in such a way.

Or would you prefer whistles, pigs thrown on the pitch and all kind of chants and demonstrations to risk what could be a very good season for us?

to be fair, fall far enough and one day we will have a good season

Astute

Whilst agreeing with you and still wanting new owners, there has to be a time when our focus is on the pitch and not the boardroom.

The legals could be over now. But most importantly the boys need our backing. Anti SISU chants don't help the atmosphere.We are finally on the up. We just had a win at Wembley and now we are top of the table. OK it is only after 2 games. But it was 2 deserving wins. We should be enjoying the season and not concentrating on something we can't change. have called a truce on the matter. Well at least as long as they don't do something else stupid. To me it is all about backing the lads and losing my voice after every game.

Agree entirely. Hate the offfield stuff but we seem (Sisu seem) to have got the message.

Actually I agree with all you are saying, but it's time to park the bile and focus on the grass.

Astute is no fan of Sisu, he is a CCFC fan and wants to enjoy the season, like majority of fans. Give the Sisu stuff a rest.

Many people are saying take the focus off Sisu, just enjoy what is happening on the pitch. I don't agree that the focus should be taken off Sisu. It is possible to support the team, enjoy what will hopefully be a successful season, but make sure that those in authority know that most City fans are not happy with the owners. If the only way this happens is by a few Sisu Out chants at each match so be it. Will it affect the team on the pitch, no. Will it make Sisu leave, no. Will it register with the wider football community that the discontent with Sisu is a lot deeper than relegations and a poor team, hopefully. The alternative seems to just meekly accept that we can do nothing about Sisu and quietly go away.
Where we play next season, the fate of the academy and the training ground rest with Sisu. Do we just ignor this because for once we are having a successful season? What do you suggest is the way forward to put pressure on those in power to make sure that they hold Sisu to account?
So if I am wrong and we shouldn't want our team to have the full support of us and not demonstrate against SISU in any way during the game do you say that we should ignore our team whilst playing and do nothing but demonstrate?

No you don't. Only a fool would think that. Just like you are trying to twist what I and others are saying.

Irish Sky Blue

You seem to saying just enjoy the football, don't worry about what their plan, lack of a plan, for the future might be. If no fuss is made at all everyone accepts that things at Coventry are fine. We know that that is not the case. I am not saying disrupt games. I am saying that, in whatever way that might be, the focus should not be taken off Sisu.

Irish Sky Blue

So if I am wrong and we shouldn't want our team to have the full support of us and not demonstrate against SISU in any way during the game do you say that we should ignore our team whilst playing and do nothing but demonstrate?

No you don't. Only a fool would think that. Just like you are trying to twist what I and others are saying.
I'm not saying that at all and am not twisting your words. What I have said is that it is possible to support the team and keep Sisu in the spotlight. If people chant Sisu Out does that mean that they still can't support their team?

Astute

You seem to saying just enjoy the football, don't worry about what their plan, lack of a plan, for the future might be. If no fuss is made at all everyone accepts that things at Coventry are fine. We know that that is not the case. I am not saying disrupt games. I am saying that, in whatever way that might be, the focus should not be taken off Sisu.
So where did you get that from?

Astute

I'm not saying that at all and am not twisting your words. What I have said is that it is possible to support the team and keep Sisu in the spotlight. If people chant Sisu Out does that mean that they still can't support their team?
So if you chant SISU out you want to do something about the situation. If you don't chant SISU out you want to forgive and forget what they have done?

Nick

Administrator

So who is saying forget about it? Nobody is saying forgive certainly, people are saying channel the energy to get behind the team.

Having a SISU out chant every game hasn't and won't do anything apart from make people feel better. It won't register with a wider football community.

Nick

Administrator

The same as pitch protests you defended to the hilt that actually cost us points?

And that's keeping them in the spotlight is it? It does nothing to bother SISU or force them to go. Obsessing and blaming them for everything and anything isn't keeping the spotlight on them, it dilutes it.

If people weren't so keen to dismiss everything that might be decent about CCFC thinking it's SISU, others might be a bit more positive. That's positive about CCFC, not SISU.

Have a look at Wembley as an example, that day was all about CCFC. Nobody had forgotten about SISU before, during or after.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Have a look at Wembley as an example, that day was all about CCFC. Nobody had forgotten about SISU before, during or after.

on that day,i completely forgot about sisu.

It was our team, our day in the sun and our time to celebrate. Nothing whatsoever to do with them and what they have done to this club

Nick

Administrator
on that day,i completely forgot about sisu.

It was our team, our day in the sun and our time to celebrate. Nothing whatsoever to do with them and what they have done to this club

The same as people go to games to watch football week in week out. When a goal goes in for us people don't think about SISU, it doesn't mean people forget (forget as in erase from memory forever).

It is then about football, CCFC.

Last edited:

ccfcway

The same as people go to games to watch football week in week out. When a goal goes in for us people don't think about SISU, it doesn't mean people forget (forget as in erase from memory forever).

It is then about football, CCFC etc.

Not true that Nick. What your suggesting is that all protesters last season purely went to the games to protest and don't support the team week in and week out

Most times I have been to watch the team at the ricoh in the past few years, I just sit there shaking my head at what we have become and how my boyhood weekends of watching us play man utd and Liverpool has now become counting down to the Newport game. Ironically going to home games and seeing an empty stadium make me thing about SISU more than the rest of the time outside of the games.

Away games keep me sane !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Lets all get behind the lads = SISU are forgiven

We need to unite = forget what SISU have done​

giphy.gif
CITY HATE SISU​

Nick

Administrator
Not true that Nick. What your suggesting is that all protesters last season purely went to the games to protest and don't support the team week in and week out

Most times I have been to watch the team at the ricoh in the past few years, I just sit there shaking my head at what we have become and how my boyhood weekends of watching us play man utd and Liverpool has now become counting down to the Newport game. Ironically going to home games and seeing an empty stadium make me thing about SISU more than the rest of the time outside of the games.

Away games keep me sane !

If you read back it's in reference to people going on about people like Astute forgetting that SISU have done anything wrong . Apparently I have said it too but you won't be able to see it ;)

You will find that some people did go to games just to protest, a small percentage but it wasn't unheard of ;)

I go to games just to watch football, whether we are playing Chelsea in a cup game or MK Dons in a friendly. It's not as if you need to go to a match to realise we are in League 2 is it?

ccfcway

I go to games just to watch football, whether we are playing Chelsea in a cup game or MK Dons in a friendly. It's not as if you need to go to a match to realise we are in League 2 is it?

That's my point, completely realise where we are due to the depressing atmosphere of a 3/4 empty ground and shocking players and effort last season

A small percentage went to protest ?, meaning a larger amount of those protesting were there week in week out ?

Irish Sky Blue

The same as pitch protests you defended to the hilt that actually cost us points?

And that's keeping them in the spotlight is it? It does nothing to bother SISU or force them to go. Obsessing and blaming them for everything and anything isn't keeping the spotlight on them, it dilutes it.

If people weren't so keen to dismiss everything that might be decent about CCFC thinking it's SISU, others might be a bit more positive. That's positive about CCFC, not SISU.

Sisu are still here so clearly it didn't force them to go.
The protests last season kept the plight of the club in the spotlight.
As much as you might not like it or even deny it, protests meant that questions were asked of Sisu on TV, on the radio and in the press. In turn this meant that the whole governance of football by the FA and the FL was called into question with parliament becoming involved. This might ultimately lead to changes in football so that people like Sisu and the Oystens might never get their hands on a club again.
Now obviously the above was not just down to City fans but the wider protest movements that involved clubs like Charlton, Orient, Blackpool and so on. If no one protests, no one rocks the boat authorities can assume that everything is fine and no change is needed.
So do you passively sit by and watch your club being ripped apart or do you try and have an impact, even a small one which in the end might bring change for the better?
What do you think we should do to try and solve the problems we have?

Irish Sky Blue

If you read back it's in reference to people going on about people like Astute forgetting that SISU have done anything wrong . Apparently I have said it too but you won't be able to see it ;)

You will find that some people did go to games just to protest, a small percentage but it wasn't unheard of ;)

Funnily enough I go to games to watch football too. I would like to be able to do that for another ten or twenty years to go with the fifty years I have put in already. unfortunately because of Sisu and what they have done and continue to do this club, that is in doubt. If the lady who owns our club has threatened to liquidate us if things don't go her way, should that just be ignored? I never believed they would take us out of Coventry the first time. I now have no doubt that if it suited their purpose they would do it again. Those three big issues of stadium, academy and training ground don't go away. I look forward to a time when I just go to watch my team play and don't have a concern that they may not be in Coventry next season or one day soon may not even exist.

Irish Sky Blue

You don't know me and you don't know my feelings for this club and how my family and I have supported it. CCFC has been a huge part of my life, more than it really should be, from the first day I walked into Highfield Road with my dad. I am nothing special as there are thousands like me who have supported and followed this club through thick but more often thin. Like those thousands I have spent thousands of pounds and thousands of hours doing something that I have loved, even through the many bad times. I have never given up on my club and I don't intend to any time soon. What I object to and what makes me angry is someone like you, who as I say knows nothing about me, telling me that I can't see the good things about my club and that I choose to dismiss these. Every time I set foot in the ground and see the community aspect of CCFC I see the good it does for the thousands who still attend. You dismiss people, have contempt for our fans, say they don't understand what is going on. What an arrogant thing to say, what an arrogant person you must be.
The only negative I can see with regard to City is Sisu and what they have done to our club. You always seem to want to deflect from what they have done. Why is this? I await your denial.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Sisu are still here so clearly it didn't force them to go.
The protests last season kept the plight of the club in the spotlight.
As much as you might not like it or even deny it, protests meant that questions were asked of Sisu on TV, on the radio and in the press. In turn this meant that the whole governance of football by the FA and the FL was called into question with parliament becoming involved. This might ultimately lead to changes in football so that people like Sisu and the Oystens might never get their hands on a club again.
Now obviously the above was not just down to City fans but the wider protest movements that involved clubs like Charlton, Orient, Blackpool and so on. If no one protests, no one rocks the boat authorities can assume that everything is fine and no change is needed.
So do you passively sit by and watch your club being ripped apart or do you try and have an impact, even a small one which in the end might bring change for the better?
What do you think we should do to try and solve the problems we have?
The protests achieved nothing apart from lose us points.

Singing sisu out will do nothing but make people feel better.

You will try to find a way to lead anything bad back, you are making up that people are saying forgive and forget because we win a couple of games.

Nick

Administrator
You don't know me and you don't know my feelings for this club and how my family and I have supported it. CCFC has been a huge part of my life, more than it really should be, from the first day I walked into Highfield Road with my dad. I am nothing special as there are thousands like me who have supported and followed this club through thick but more often thin. Like those thousands I have spent thousands of pounds and thousands of hours doing something that I have loved, even through the many bad times. I have never given up on my club and I don't intend to any time soon. What I object to and what makes me angry is someone like you, who as I say knows nothing about me, telling me that I can't see the good things about my club and that I choose to dismiss these. Every time I set foot in the ground and see the community aspect of CCFC I see the good it does for the thousands who still attend. You dismiss people, have contempt for our fans, say they don't understand what is going on. What an arrogant thing to say, what an arrogant person you must be.
The only negative I can see with regard to City is Sisu and what they have done to our club. You always seem to want to deflect from what they have done. Why is this? I awai your denial.
I pointed out that if you want to blame everything bad by giving it the "they hired them" it works both ways of anything good happens.

You are the one making up things that haven't been said. You are the one thinking that because people aren't chanting sisu out they are thick enough to just forget and forgive because we win a game.

I even managed to call the contempt type line earlier . ;)

Amazing how you will make up things other people haven't said, give it the deflecting lines etc but get touchy when I reverse your "they're in charge" logic.

Could you be any more hypocritical in the same thread if you tried?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
what have the court cases achieved ?

You've answered your own statement there ......
So you are defending something silly from the fans by comparing it to something silly from sisu? Because that works doesn't it?

Irish Sky Blue

I pointed out that if you want to blame everything bad by giving it the "they hired them" it works both ways of anything good happens.

You are the one making up things that haven't been said. You are the one thinking that because people aren't chanting sisu out they are thick enough to just forget and forgive because we win a game.

I even managed to call the contempt type line earlier . ;)
Show me the things I have made up.

ccfcway

So you are defending something silly from the fans by comparing it to something silly from sisu? Because that works doesn't it?

of course it doesn't. thing is, protests maybe classed as "silly" from the fans, but i'm not sure the court cases can be classed as "silly" by sisu.

Nick

Administrator
Show me the things I have made up.
All of the "what they have done should be ignored" nonsense. The stuff you keep going on about that hasn't been said.

You go on about me showing contempt for fans but others including you seem a bit worried that all it takes is a few wins and the last few years will be erased from people's memory.

Users who are viewing this thread