Crowd today (1 Viewer)

Otis

Do think we ought to have one game where a lot of us on here should all turn up and visit you in Block 20 (Otis). You can then have a guess at who is who on a thread after the game !
One thing I thought we should all do is to picture what posters look like in real life. Thought it might get nasty though.

I met Brylowes and he was nothing at all like I pictured. Met No Loyalty too and he was nothing like I imagined either.

Sky Blue Harry H

One thing I thought we should all do is to picture what posters look like in real life. Thought it might get nasty though.

I met Brylowes and he was nothing at all like I pictured. Met No Loyalty too and he was nothing like I imagined either.

Yep - a real 'tour de force, key board warrior' on here, who turns out to look like a train spotter - it kind of ruins it. I can remember years ago, I used to work somewhere that used a particular removal firm. The girl on their switchboard had a voice to die for and we'd all conjured up all sorts of fantasies about what she looked like, One day she had cause to visit our office, and about 4 expectant blokes(in their twenties) eagerly awaited the arrival of what turned out to be a small plain woman pushing 60. To say we were nonplussed was an understatement!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have a lot of curiosity and would like to meet quite a few from here, but think it could be pretty weird at the same time. I can't imagine I would be anything like what people would imagine.

Nick

Administrator
We could all post up photos of us as children.

Nice try

giphy.gif

covcity4life

But I think Grendel is right, above. If it was cheaper, those paying more now would obviously pay less and still turn up, meaning the club got less revenue. Meanwhile, very few extra fans would be attracted, meaning little extra revenue....so overall, the club would be out of pocket. That's why Boddy says he is happy with it at the current level - it's probably at the optimal revenue point on the demand curve i.e. the pricing which guarantees most £££ regardless of turnout.

in counter to that many in this thread and on social media say they would go if cheaper

think it would take prolonged amount of time at low prices to see if thats true rather than one cheap game offer though

oucho

in counter to that many in this thread and on social media say they would go if cheaper

think it would take prolonged amount of time at low prices to see if thats true rather than one cheap game offer though
How many of those who claim they'd go if cheaper would actually do so, and for how many is it an excuse not to go?

How many extra would turn up if the ticket was £20 walk up instead of £26? And would the extra numbers make up for the loss in revenue (£6 per ticket per game for those turning up now)?

R

RB1992

We had £20 for a season (might have been last) and the gates were still shit. The increase to £26 has a minimal affect on the crowd IMO. However, the fact there was no decrease in ST prices would have put a lot of people off. I reckon we could have got double if early bird was £200

covcity4life

How many of those who claim they'd go if cheaper would actually do so, and for how many is it an excuse not to go?

How many extra would turn up if the ticket was £20 walk up instead of £26? And would the extra numbers make up for the loss in revenue (£6 per ticket per game for those turning up now)?

dont know, neither do you. thats why i said would have to see it in action

shmmeee

I haven’t been for ages, mostly because the person I go with won’t go and that’s the main reason i go really. Don’t fancy paying £20+ to sit in the cold and watch shite football. I’ve watched on iFollow a few times and got bored on my sofa and regretted the £5.

If it was really low, like £10-15 I’d probably go up more on my own, but I doubt they’d make their money back overall at that price. If we were playing well I’d probably pay £20. Though to be honest, it’s mostly the social aspect that stops me. I suppose that’s the issue, once you lose a few you get a snowball effect.

letsallsingtogether

giphy.gif

If this isn't
Grendel I'd be gutted lol

Sorry couldn't Help it.;)

QUOTE="Otis, post: 1433660, member: 2124"]One thing I thought we should all do is to picture what posters look like in real life. Thought it might get nasty though.

I met Brylowes and he was nothing at all like I pictured. Met No Loyalty too and he was nothing like I imagined either.[/QUOTE]

Macca

You could make it a fiver and I wouldn't go because nobody I know goes anymore. Football was always about the crack with the lads as much as the result.

Users who are viewing this thread