Cwr supporters forum tonight (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t get why no one asked about the academy and why robins doesn’t use it… midfield crisis and no academy player gets a sniff… it would have been good too if Doug sees it as a long term investment like we think it should be…
The money required to upgrade it to Category 1 isn't inconsiderable and seeing as we're in the same area as Villa and Lesta who can both hoover up the best prospects, I'm not sure it's worth the investment. Better off trying to find the next McCallum in non league which is where I'd hoped our lower and non league scouting duo might have been handy.

Warwickhunt

Can’t see COH turning into a beefcake like Dabo did. “Bulked up” doesn’t necessarily mean ‘fat’. Maybe he’s been on the weights?
TBQH I always said the Callum O'Hare was brilliant taking the ball forward but the opposition knew they only have to nudge him and it all goes a bit Pete Tong, putting on muscle and bulking him up will make him stay up quite easier and can be the tool we are looking for to break the mid and low blocks. Bit concerned about why he is not extending his contract yet though?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They have decided the money will not be worth it as the they have been told for safety reasons they can't give the away fans the space and facilities such as bars and toilets without giving them large parts of the concourse behind the north or east stands that are needed for home fans. You seem to think you can give them a corner and that is all that is needed, you need to take into count all this and other logistics such as enough turnstiles etc.

The safe standing is for 13/14/15 and is to deal with the constant standing that the club are constantly warned about.

This is from the people owe own and run the stadium.

Also the 2000 empty seats is the wish of SAG, if the sag didn't want segregation of that account we would be able to sell tickets in the south stand as we did before for home fans
They need to get someone from the SAG to come down and explain the need for 2000 empty seats.

we seem the likes of Spurs and Arsenal and United and City have a bar and a line of stewards between fans. It’s total overkill

Lord_Nampil

We have 3 academy players on the bench most weeks ???

How many minutes have any of them played?? Think Andrews played less than 1 minute against Boro…

We had a midfield crisis none of them were looked at to help out… seems to me the academy stopped producing when Stevens left… Howley and Burroughs in 4 years isn’t great, when other Cat 2 academy’s produce like we saw with Bristol on Saturday and Cardiff earlier in the season…

It’s either a key part of the club moving forward or it’s not, if it’s not we bin it off and go like Brentford to a B team…. Saying that Robins has rarely used it in his time here, Bayliss and Shipley thrown him at the deep end in league 2, since then 3 players have come through, in 6 seasons…

chiefdave

They need to get someone from the SAG to come down and explain the need for 2000 empty seats.

we seem the likes of Spurs and Arsenal and United and City have a bar and a line of stewards between fans. It’s total overkill
This is happening at the next supporters group meeting isn't it? Sure Pete mentioned someone was coming down and they'd have a look at the away and and explain why things are the way they are.

SBbucks

TBQH I always said the Callum O'Hare was brilliant taking the ball forward but the opposition knew they only have to nudge him and it all goes a bit Pete Tong, putting on muscle and bulking him up will make him stay up quite easier and can be the tool we are looking for to break the mid and low blocks. Bit concerned about why he is not extending his contract yet though?

It’s not rocket science, he hasn’t signed a contract because he’s keeping his options open to see what offers appear on the table. It seemed he was happy to move to Burnley in August 2022 so will clearly do what’s best for himself as his contract runs down. As with Gus and Vik, I don’t expect to see any loyalty from him if he sees better opportunities/pay elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It’s not rocket science, he hasn’t signed a contract because he’s keeping his options open to see what offers appear on the table. It seemed he was happy to move to Burnley in August 2022 so will clearly do what’s best for himself as his contract runs down. As with Gus and Vik, I don’t expect to see any loyalty from him if he sees better opportunities/pay elsewhere.

Bit of a different situation now. He hasn't played for a long while.

SBbucks

Bit of a different situation now. He hasn't played for a long while.

Maybe, but he will 100% do whatever is best for him. I suspect we won’t see him signing a new contract anytime soon.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

You'd have thought physios and management would have been watching and monitoring O'Hare very closely in his recovery. 'Bulked up' doesn't sound the most professional does it.
An ACL injury is a career ending injury.

When you're working out in the gym for over 10 months, what do you expect to happen.

Excited Workout GIF by Bodybuilding.com

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe, but he will 100% do whatever is best for him. I suspect we won’t see him signing a new contract anytime soon.

Bit snakey to sustain two injuries of this type and then walk for nothing next summer if he does so. Gus tier snaking in fact

Frostie

How many minutes have any of them played?? Think Andrews played less than 1 minute against Boro…

We had a midfield crisis none of them were looked at to help out… seems to me the academy stopped producing when Stevens left… Howley and Burroughs in 4 years isn’t great, when other Cat 2 academy’s produce like we saw with Bristol on Saturday and Cardiff earlier in the season…

It’s either a key part of the club moving forward or it’s not, if it’s not we bin it off and go like Brentford to a B team…. Saying that Robins has rarely used it in his time here, Bayliss and Shipley thrown him at the deep end in league 2, since then 3 players have come through, in 6 seasons…
An Academy graduate has the 2nd most minutes played of any of our outfield players.

It's not that MR is adverse to using players from the Academy but, due to the rapid progress we've made, it's been left behind somewhat. Work is being done to try & address it but for reasons outlined by others above it's a shark pool at this level.

Grendel

Bit snakey to sustain two injuries of this type and then walk for nothing next summer if he does so. Gus tier snaking in fact

Not really - if he was injured now we would be in our rights not to offer a contract - there’s only self interest both ways

fernandopartridge

O'Hare was already stronger you'd expect given his size as he is adept at getting his body between opposition and the ball

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Bugsy

Plus u got a free hat aswell, I must add which I got signed for my lad 😂

Users who are viewing this thread