Danny Rose hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Robins isn't sticking to a system though, it's not as if he has played the same system that we did quite well with and had Hiwula there instead of McNulty.

Andreu coming back has changed all that because he effectively wants to play him where McNulty was.

Which just begs the question of if we were to get a loan in, where the hell would we play him?

I'm not arguing with you BTW, just baffled as to what the plan is.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

On that point so has every club in tge Division, some have 13/14 new players like posh.

Im still giving us a big chance of staying in this division. But with just £1m of investment from Maddsion/mcnukty would have been a good enpugh to get top 6.

If you think this current squad is good enough as it stands for top 6 then your delusional. Its going to be very tough to get 12/13 wins this season to stay up. Without a striker.
We’ve probably spent close to that! You keep saying we haven’t invested.

Your issue is what we’ve brought in, that’s not investment - that’s Robins.

The first 3 games mean very little. just because Peterborough have won their first 2 games doesn’t mean they’ll do anything.

Let’s re-assess after 10 games, by then we’ll have a feel of whether the squad is or isn’t good enough.

Personally I’m concerned that Robins doesn’t know what system he wants to play, but it’s too early to assess

On top of that, I haven’t said were top 6. I’m more of a let’s stay up this season, and consolidate. Baby steps

Liquid Gold

We’ve probably spent close to that! You keep saying we haven’t invested.

Your issue is what we’ve brought in, that’s not investment - that’s Robins.

The first 3 games mean very little. just because Peterborough have won their first 2 games doesn’t mean they’ll do anything.

Let’s re-assess after 10 games, by then we’ll have a feel of whether the squad is or isn’t good enough.

Personally I’m concerned that Robins doesn’t know what system he wants to play, but it’s too early to assess

On top of that, I haven’t said were top 6. I’m more of a let’s stay up this season, and consolidate. Baby steps
I agree that we shouldn't be panicking and wait until the season starts to take shape but it's still concerning we don't know our best team/formation yet and the display at Oxford was some of the worst served up over the last few years, easily as bad as FGR away/Stanley at home last year.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I agree that we shouldn't be panicking and wait until the season starts to take shape but it's still concerning we don't know our best team/formation yet and the display at Oxford was some of the worst served up over the last few years, easily as bad as FGR away/Stanley at home last year.
Can’t comment on Oxford other than what I’ve heard.

Robins seems to have gone scatter gun, I think he’s brought in a load of Players without thinking how he’s going to play them and how they fit into his system.

I don’t doubt that he hasn’t scouted them, but it appears that he hasn’t considered their strengths and how they compliment what we’ve already got.

Rodders1

Bet you’re glad you bought that FGR ticket off me!

vow

Errrrm...has Rose signed on loan yet?!

chiefdave

Liquid Gold's post listing the players highlights the problem for me. He's got 12 positions listed. It seems we've been putting the squad together without thinking about what system we want to play.

When you try and pick our best team that utilises what we have you need to have more than 11 players. Or play 3 at the back which is a non-starter.

Grendel

Liquid Gold's post listing the players highlights the problem for me. He's got 12 positions listed. It seems we've been putting the squad together without thinking about what system we want to play.

When you try and pick our best team that utilises what we have you need to have more than 11 players. Or play 3 at the back which is a non-starter.

He wants to play Andreu behind the forward which means you have another two forwards alongside Andreu who are supposed to be there to support and be supported by the forward

The other problem is that Doyle will play so that means you must have the other defensive midfielder to support

In truth you can't really play Andreu if you change the system that much and its further complicated by having two holding midfield players

I think the most surprising thing and biggest disappointment is that he has virtually jettisoned the players who got promoted last season - some have gone and Shipley and Grimmer are frozen out. Can't see Kelly getting much game time either.

It is all a bit strange. Early days but after 10 games it needs to be looking a lot better than it is now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What has that got to do with this season,totally different league.
He's obviously got too much time on his hands and has nothing else better to do. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Watching the Brum v Swansea game, Birmingham have had about 6 or 7 goalscoring chances and scored none. Thats when we should worry

Users who are viewing this thread