Deal agreed with rangers for John Fleck (1 Viewer)

Grendel

If he is available for free we will get him. If there is a chance of having to pay compo we won't.

Whatever happens I am more hopeful for this season than last. Seems they have learned a lesson.

Agreed they are definately trying to get players in. Far more so than last season and it looks like the quality is good be league one standard as well.

Grendel

Is he the new Eastwood?

Rangers fan board says he is coming here. None too complimentary including this worrying comment;

"Signing for Coventry is punching above his weight.
Which is considerable"

:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't care how considerable his weight is as long as he's punching well BELOW it with us!

HAS HE SIGNED YET?!

thechase

Sky Sports are reporting that Norwich and Stoke havent had international clearance for their signings from Rangers yet so possibly this is the hold up behind any deal to sign Fleck.

ajsccfc

Rangers fan board says he is coming here. None too complimentary including this worrying comment;

"Signing for Coventry is punching above his weight.
Which is considerable"

:thinking about:

I'm always sceptical about how fans of clubs regard players about to leave (we've had it here a load), but especially with Rangers' current predicament a player leaving could be greeted with a little extra dose of bitterness.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So CCFC/SISU can play hard ball with ACL over the rent which is a valid contractual claim by ACL for a debt due .......... but apparently offer Rangers 20% of a future fee when the scottish club is thought by nearly everyone not to have a valid claim at all ...... that makes sense ..... Not !:whistle::facepalm:

Grendel

I'm always sceptical about how fans of clubs regard players about to leave (we've had it here a load), but especially with Rangers' current predicament a player leaving could be greeted with a little extra dose of bitterness.

I know. I just found it funny. They reckon he is on £5,000 a week at Rangers so I think we will be paying a reasonable wage.

Sub

So CCFC/SISU can play hard ball with ACL over the rent which is a valid contractual claim by ACL for a debt due .......... but apparently offer Rangers 20% of a future fee when the scottish club is thought by nearly everyone not to have a valid claim at all ...... that makes sense ..... Not !:whistle::facepalm:

about sums up our owners completly inept of any business logic :jerkit::jerkit:

Otis

On Rangers offal!!!!!

AN inaccurate media report this morning suggests the Club is taking legal action against John Fleck over his move to Coventry City.

Both clubs have in fact reached agreement for the transfer of the player and Coventry have recognised Rangers rights as part of the process.A formal announcement will be made later today.

Nonleagueherewecome

Was that relevant in the slightest? Thought it was the player we needed to agree terms with, not Rangers?!?

Otis

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Hang on, it's still only 9:15. Still plenty of time for things to go wrong!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But hopefully we'll get him.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Unless we are gazumped!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But I have faith.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But am also a cynic.

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Ohh fook it. I'm off out!

Unless this is for real ......

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

f*cking yes :)

most exciting signing at the city since robbie keane....

You obviously drank too much to remember the euphoric celebrations on the day they unveiled Roy O'Donovan as a City player...

Nonleagueherewecome

We might catch the Pompey thread in size before this saga is over, though!

C

Clive Plattini

You obviously drank too much to remember the euphoric celebrations on the day they unveiled Roy O'Donovan as a City player...

Oh what a day. It will be one of those moments. Where were you when you heard ROD had joined Coventry.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm actually really looking forwards to see him back at his level and banging in goals for fun.

Yep, I'll be there for the Nuneaton game, just like last year! :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Just like Marco Negri would have been...

ajsccfc

The Rangers site (which is a mess incidentally, webmasters always the first to go) claiming it's as good as done which suits me.

I'd still like to see a cheesy shot of him holding a shirt/scarf/ball as real proof before I 100% believe it.

Grendel

The Rangers site (which is a mess incidentally, webmasters always the first to go) claiming it's as good as done which suits me.

I'd still like to see a cheesy shot of him holding a shirt/scarf/ball as real proof before I 100% believe it.

Mail on line says he has signed

Nick

Administrator
From the Rangers Site:

AN inaccurate media report this morning suggests the Club is taking legal action against John Fleck over his move to Coventry City.

Both clubs have in fact reached agreement for the transfer of the player and Coventry have recognised Rangers rights as part of the process.
A formal announcement will be made later today.

kg82

If I remember rightly, all the same things were being said about Charlie Adam when he went to Blackpool.

I find this signing really exciting and hopefully a sign of things to come. Obviously, as long as its confirmed!!

C

Clive Plattini

If I remember rightly, all the same things were being said about Charlie Adam when he went to Blackpool.

I find this signing really exciting and hopefully a sign of things to come. Obviously, as long as its confirmed!!

Yeah, many Rangers fans said Adam was one of the worst players to ever play for them. He turned out alright. I just wanna see a few terrible photos of him holding a city ball in a random room and I will be happy.

kg82

Yeah, many Rangers fans said Adam was one of the worst players to ever play for them. He turned out alright. I just wanna see a few terrible photos of him holding a city ball in a random room and I will be happy.

Yeah, he definitely wasn't too bad!!

Absolutely, its promising that this news today is on ssn and sounds like the deal is basically done but I'm the same, give me a pic of him holding up a shirt in the Ricoh!

AFCCOVENTRY

Glad to see we have added some pace to te team with Fleck and Elliott signing.

We still need a prolific goalscorer, a CM and 2 centre backs.

ajsccfc

Bear in mind that what a Rangers fan might think is a slightly poor player should translate pretty well to Coventry in the third tier.

Users who are viewing this thread