Dear Santa………. (2 Viewers)

Greggs

It was deliberarely used, possibly lazily; possibly to shock, but the phrase and its context was deliberate.

1 in 30 women in the UK get raped. It means that’s probably one of your family or friends or work colleagues has been or will be a victim.

In that context we should all try to avoid using phrases that might trigger someone ….
Get a grip

Greggs

We all know the context in which it was used and it should be removed. Poor on @admin for not doing so.
You fucking drip. Trying to cause agro over a simple turn of phrase... get a grip.

Greggs

It was deliberarely used, possibly lazily; possibly to shock, but the phrase and its context was deliberate.

1 in 30 women in the UK get raped. It means that’s probably one of your family or friends or work colleagues has been or will be a victim.

In that context we should all try to avoid using phrases that might trigger someone ….
What about men that get raped? Sexist prick.

If I said "fucked up the arse" would you be so offended, or not because its trendy now?

Last edited:

Greggs

That little hate campaign didn't work did it?

Greggs

It's just about over paying for a bar of fucking chocolate. You're the issue 🙄

shmmeee

And what about George Michael and his careless Wispas?

I know several rape victims sadly. None of them have ever expressed this sort of idea, a couple use the language themselves. I’m really not sure who this helps TBH.

Greggs

I know several rape victims sadly. None of them have ever expressed this sort of idea, a couple use the language themselves. I’m really not sure who this helps TBH.
It helps melodramatic fuckwads like @Deity heal the world.

shmmeee

I was only joking my friend. It was the only thing I could think of. Also she still probably dislikes me, at least.

Sorry it was a poor joke about how if your wife finally looked at you she’d want a divorce. Cos you’re ugly innit?

But now I’ve explained it and it’s just cunty.

itsabuzzard

I'd be surprised if there's anyone who doesn't know at least one rape victim. I'm not sure who your post is aimed at or the point you're trying to make.

shmmeee

I'd be surprised if there's anyone who doesn't know at least one rape victim. I'm not sure who your post is aimed at or the point you're trying to make.

My post is aimed at someone policing the perfectly correct usage of grammar on behalf of rape victims saying “you might even know one”.

In my experience people actually with issues/disabilities/whatever aren’t the ones who want this. It’s a power play and I don’t like it. Some people have trauma over all kinds of things, you can’t remove all possible references all the time.

itsabuzzard

My post is aimed at someone policing the perfectly correct usage of grammar on behalf of rape victims saying “you might even know one”.

In my experience people actually with issues/disabilities/whatever aren’t the ones who want this. It’s a power play and I don’t like it. Some people have trauma over all kinds of things, you can’t remove all possible references all the time.
I agree with you.

rob9872

I'm more concerned that @shmmeee knows 'several ' rape victims. I hope you gave alibis for all those nights 🤣🤣

Deity

The fact that you are not concerned that you may have offended with your vile choice of language speaks volumes and much more eloquently than you do.

I know 2 rape victims to my knowledge. Both would NEVER refer to willingly buying an over priced chocolate bar as rape. To pretend victims would is repulsive..

I don’t think you did it to offend I think you thought you were being funny. You should however have been big enough to accept when you got that judgement call wrong.

…. Your insults to me personally make no difference ….

Mcbean

Gus made their goal last night apparently so not coming back

3 points today and v SW will be very welcome

itsabuzzard

Sorry it was a poor joke about how if your wife finally looked at you she’d want a divorce. Cos you’re ugly innit?

But now I’ve explained it and it’s just cunty.
There can be very few posters who haven't regretted something they've said at some point. I've certainly done it. Applying the precautionary principle will be the death knell of SBT.

Users who are viewing this thread