December Stadium Deadline (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Ha ha! Sounds like you've met your match. You two should get married.

He's an amateur. Also he has me on ignore which makes him somewhat cowardly

lifeskyblue

Sounds like a normal marriage to me. One partner always having the other on ignore. You should really get together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

He's an amateur. Also he has me on ignore which makes him somewhat cowardly

Sounds more like you're the bitch in this relationship. Perhaps you're just replying to him while he's trying to watch something on TV and you can't wait until the break come's on. Either way you sound heart broken.

Grendel

No. But then I've never been to your house for tea. Perhaps Sickboy knows?

The game goes on a lot on here. The mutual "regard" of Wasps supporters all together on here with their mutual love in. Hope your not a slow burner Tony.

skybluetony176

The game goes on a lot on here. The mutual "regard" of Wasps supporters all together on here with their mutual love in. Hope your not a slow burner Tony.

Yeah? I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Do you have any replies that aren't a clue on 321?

Astute

Obviously all sides are to blame but what was your intented point of the post? If the franchise's fans were travelling up from London then fair enough.

It's strange that now criticising the franchise is becoming akin to backing sisu with ccfc fans turning on each other and defending a franchise supporter who is clearly here not as a ccfc fan.

What is intended by all of your posts having a go at everyone but SISU in this thread?

Just like I pointed out that a couple were saying that Wasps paid less than the Ricoh was valued at but ignoring the reason why. Are you going to question them why?

Didn't think so.

Astute

I doubt he thought about his post but any independent observer reading it would assume it's a glowing reference for all things wasps.

And all independent observers will know that you always defend SISU and have a venomous attack at anyone who disagrees with what you want everyone to believe.

J

Jack Griffin

After the first 750 posts I thought that this topic had reached a low point, I was wrong.

Sick Boy

What is intended by all of your posts having a go at everyone but SISU in this thread?

Just like I pointed out that a couple were saying that Wasps paid less than the Ricoh was valued at but ignoring the reason why. Are you going to question them why?

Didn't think so.

I've always said that sisu are dreadful owners yet if you criticise the council or the franchise you are deemed a sisu lover

Sick Boy

No. But then I've never been to your house for tea. Perhaps Sickboy knows?

Now now Tony, just because we are one step ahead of the herd there is no need for the abuse.

I still remember the abuse we received from the experts for speaking out during the Thorn love in.

Calista

For inclusion in the city plan do you have to actually give details of a potential site or just say we need 60 acres? The way the Coventry city plan is talked about is that any site that becomes available is to be used for housing but I'm not sure all those sites have been individually specified.

There is a potential problem down the line. If SISU don't get something in a city plan, either in Coventry or nearby, then any new owner will have a struggle to provision a new ground. As even the experts seem to think this is essential that could be a worry. How often are city plans drawn up?

For me the best option is probably by Ansty Business Park. There's a big piece of land (more than 60 acres) sitting to the south of the road to the business park (to the east of the A46). That's as near to Coventry as makes no practical distance. It also already has a junction on the motorway and a walkway under the motorway. There's food and drink places on the other side. Only drawback is that its a farm or something at the moment so could be tricky on the planning front. Although there's little in the way of housing nearby so no NIMBY problems and building the business park might have set a precident.

I’m not an expert, and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing as I frequently demonstrate on here :)

But I think the Local Plan allocates sites/zones for particular land uses, without going into the detail that would be contained in an actual planning application. So yes, I think if CCFC wanted a 60 acre site to be assigned for a sports stadium they’d have to be specific about the location (although not necessarily the precise boundaries).

If I’m not mistaken, SISU’s business approach is to try and get something cheap and then “add value”. They don’t much like paying full price – didn’t Tim say that they were surprised to be hopelessly outbid for a site at Ryton? I’m sure they’d like to buy land on the quiet which lacked development approval, and then increase its value massively by obtaining permission. Hence the desire to keep their sites secret, but in the areas they are looking at the options are few – so I imagine other developers will be looking in exactly the same places anyway.

I can’t see anywhere big enough on the Coventry fringes that isn’t designated as Green Belt, so that protection would probably have to be removed as part of the Local Plan process (Green Belt is a strong policy, but is not necessarily “forever”).

A Local Plan is good for several years, and a planning application which went against it would have a much tougher time.

Maybe Tim can come up with a brilliant new stadium for CCFC which gives us a rosy future, but the whole idea seems barmy to me. I still think getting the Ricoh (even half of it) would have been much easier and more lucrative – but it needed political awareness and business skills that they don’t seem to have.

Astute

I've always said that sisu are dreadful owners yet if you criticise the council or the franchise you are deemed a sisu lover

Yet you ignore anything I have said in the past about Wasps and try to say that I am defending them here. And part of it was contradicting yourself in the same sentence.

So how many times in this thread had you said that SISU are dreadful owners? Not once. But as I have not had a go at Wasps in this thread I have defended them?

If you look back you will see that I have only stated well known facts. I didn't defend anyone. I didn't attack anyone. My posts were unbiased. Very unlike many by others. But as it is blaming everyone but SISU you are not supposed to mention it.

Sick Boy

What was the purpose of your post then? Do you believe that their attendances are higher than what ours were at 6 fields because their loyal fans travel up from London?

To me it came across that you were backing up armybike's post that the franchise were somehow bigger than ccfc.

martcov

It shows you something when even Tony and Italia have run away from him,

He strikes me as a bit of a nut job. The type who posts on the CET comments page or bombards the SCG with e-mails asking stupid questions.

So, it is a stupid question to ask how the stadium is coming on? Actually I agree with you on that, but I think it is good to call their bluff ( the stadium talkers ) and show them for what they are. The more questions the better.... The longer this crap about the stadium goes on the weaker CCFC's position gets. The 2 plus 2 deal is running down and the chances of getting a new stadium ready in time for when it expires are getting slimmer. If we've got nowhere lined up, let's start talking with Wasps about an extension. If we leave it to the last minute it is "hands up".

Grendel

So, it is a stupid question to ask how the stadium is coming on? Actually I agree with you on that, but I think it is good to call their bluff ( the stadium talkers ) and show them for what they are. The more questions the better.... The longer this crap about the stadium goes on the weaker CCFC's position gets. The 2 plus 2 deal is running down and the chances of getting a new stadium ready in time for when it expires are getting slimmer. If we've got nowhere lined up, let's start talking with Wasps about an extension. If we leave it to the last minute it is "hands up".

How do you know they aren't in discussion about extending the deal? How do you know it's proving tough as Wasps don't want to play ball?

Sick Boy

There obviously is no stadium, has anyone ever genuinely believed there is?

Armybike clearly has an agenda here and it is obviously working when you have ccfc fans defending the franchise and claiming that they are a bigger club than the team they claim to support.

Astute

What was the purpose of your post then? Do you believe that their attendances are higher than what ours were at 6 fields because their loyal fans travel up from London?

To me it came across that you were backing up armybike's post that the franchise were somehow bigger than ccfc.

Look at the posts being made before I made my first one and if you are unbiased you will understand.

Sick Boy

How do you know they aren't in discussion about extending the deal? How do you know it's proving tough as Wasps don't want to play ball?

Some probably still believe the myth that they will do anything for us. One day the experts will see the light eh

Sick Boy

Look at the posts being made before I made my first one and if you are unbiased you will understand.

I am nothe unbiased as I am a ccfc fan. Do you think their high crowds were due to their loyal fans travelling up from London thus meaning they are a bigger club.

Do you believe that the franchise are a bigger club than us in the world of sport?

martcov

I don't. I am hoping they are in discussions or, if not, that they start sooner rather than later. I would. If Wasps are don't want to play ball then we are in trouble - which you don't know if they do or don't.

Astute

How do you know that they are? How do you know that it is all the fault of Wasps?

Nobody does. But an educated guess will tell you that SISU are stalling until they get somewhere with the constant litigation or run out of litigation possibilities.

Grendel

How do you know that they are? How do you know that it is all the fault of Wasps?

Nobody does. But an educated guess will tell you that SISU are stalling until they get somewhere with the constant litigation or run out of litigation possibilities.

"How do you know it is the fault of Wasps"

Have a word with yourself.

Grendel

I don't. I am hoping they are in discussions or, if not, that they start sooner rather than later. I would. If Wasps are don't want to play ball then we are in trouble - which you don't know if they do or don't.

How would you rate wasps for valuing customer loyalty in their original community - higher or lower than sisu?

Sick Boy

It's ridiculous that the franchise are held up as an example for us to follow.

Hang on, is there a football club in Cornwall?

Grendel

It's sad really, isn't it?

It's clever from Wasps. They have fooled the masses. The truth is as s ruthless organisation sisu couldn't hack it - they proved patsies.

Richardson cares about one thing - richardson. He moved the club and really couldn't give a shit of any of those fans remained to support them as all he is interested in is money

If he finds he would get more money by selling up and moving again he'd do it again.

This is an organisation where customer loyalty means absolutely nothing and community really nothing. If they find any possibility they'd make one penny more with us not being there we won't be there.

If they were sisu we would have been liquidated 6 years ago.

Astute

I am nothe unbiased as I am a ccfc fan. Do you think their high crowds were due to their loyal fans travelling up from London thus meaning they are a bigger club.

Do you believe that the franchise are a bigger club than us in the world of sport?

They are bigger than us at rugger. We are bigger than them at football.

I want Wasps to fail and the Ricoh become available again. And it would be cheap as maybe as SISU'S plans were it would be a white elephant. But don't hold your breath.

Astute

"How do you know it is the fault of Wasps"

Have a word with yourself.

So are you saying that you know that Wasps are trying to charge a massive rent?

No you don't. But you know that it is the fault of Wasps that we can't make an agreement although we don't even know that SISU have tried to have talks.

Sick Boy

It's clever from Wasps. They have fooled the masses. The truth is as s ruthless organisation sisu couldn't hack it - they proved patsies.

Richardson cares about one thing - richardson. He moved the club and really couldn't give a shit of any of those fans remained to support them as all he is interested in is money

If he finds he would get more money by selling up and moving again he'd do it again.

This is an organisation where customer loyalty means absolutely nothing and community really nothing. If they find any possibility they'd make one penny more with us not being there we won't be there.

If they were sisu we would have been liquidated 6 years ago.

To be fair their PR and marketing as worked well and they'd couldn't have chosen a more foolish audience either.

No doubt your post will be ignored. Isn't it true he only bought them after he made noises about buying the Ricoh?

Sick Boy

So are you saying that you know that Wasps are trying to charge a massive rent?

No you don't. But you know that it is the fault of Wasps that we can't make an agreement although we don't even know that SISU have tried to have talks.

Haven't the club already said they have asked for an extension?

Sick Boy

They are bigger than us at rugger. We are bigger than them at football.

I want Wasps to fail and the Ricoh become available again. And it would be cheap as maybe as SISU'S plans were it would be a white elephant. But don't hold your breath.

I said in the world of sport. Answer the question.

Users who are viewing this thread