Deeney sackd (2 Viewers)

slondonskyblue

very average player - terrible manager. Wonder what he will do from here. Horrible bloke.

I like to try and see the best in people but he clearly has an ego the size of a bus and I hope this brings him down to earth. SCUMBAG.

Happy_Martian

More time to spend on Sky Sports now.

He really was Rooney Mk.II. Name over substance.

Grendel

Embarrassing thread

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Great news after the way he treated Dabo

By the accounts of Forest Green Rovers fans, Dabo has been absolutely dreadful and isn't fit to wear the shirt. In both performances and attitude. Not sure why our fans are particularly sentimental about him. He had one decent season and then otherwise was wages that could have been used elsewhere for the majority of the rest of his time here. None of this is to even mention him putting himself forward to take a penalty when he realistically had no chance of scoring one.

As a manager you don't call your players out individually in public, and that was wrong, but some of our fans go on about Dabo like they'd give him another contract here if they could. CCFC is going in a much better direction without players like that.

SkyBlueCharlie9

That's harsh. He did brilliantly well in league 1 and certainly helped us get promoted and was OK in first two seasons in Championship. Injuries seemed to effect him last year and he struggled.
He lived in Bannner Brook in a very ordinary house do doubt he was on a lot of cash. Put in a good shift for the club. Not a legend though and love in from some on BookFace/twatter a bit OTT.

Last edited:

slondonskyblue

The point here is that we have a very good club culture at the moment and fans take that for granted. The fact that current players and the management team have been in touch with Dabo since the comments speaks volumes of the people at our club and I’m proud of the response. It’s nothing to do with how he played for us, or that he wasn’t cut out for the championship. you can still care about people who you no longer have a professional relationship with.

he also didn’t put himself forward for the penalty, I was at Wembley and there was a clear sense of confusion as to who was next to take a penalty given that several takers were no longer on the pitch.

slondonskyblue

ESB setting his stall out early and diversity appointment shout in the first few posts.

Will be a fun one to follow.
I meant diversity appointment as a pundit when he adds nothing, not as a manager. I can’t speak for his management credentials. Although, 6 games and no wins doesn’t paint a good picture.

Last edited:

Skyblue Bangkok

I meant diversity appointment as a pundit when he adds nothing, not as a manager. I can’t speak for his management credentials. Although, 6 games and no wins doesn’t paint a good picture.
Diversity appointment ? He was appointed because he's an ex player , a lot of ex players , ex magers turn up as pundits. He was always going to be in a difficult position after slagging off his players in public after Sat

Astute

Diversity appointment? I detest the phrase.

Everyone should have the same rights as each other. Black, white, male or whatever gender. It should all be down to ability. It pisses me off when each time a white male doesn't get the role it's made out to be a Diversity appointment or words to that effect.

I don't exactly like most women football commentators. If I wanted to listen to high pitched shouts I'd spend more time with the wife. But who am I to say who should get the gig.

The UK is very diverse. White males are actually a lower percentage of the population than most think. Yet there's always some ready to make comments when a white male doesn't get the role.

clint van damme

Everyone should have the same rights as each other. Black, white, male or whatever gender. It should all be down to ability. It pisses me off when each time a white male doesn't get the role it's made out to be a Diversity appointment or words to that effect.

I don't exactly like most women football commentators. If I wanted to listen to high pitched shouts I'd spend more time with the wife. But who am I to say who should get the gig.

The UK is very diverse. White males are actually a lower percentage of the population than most think. Yet there's always some ready to make comments when a white male doesn't get the role.

Given the amount of black players in the game the idea a black ex player got the job as a 'diversity apoointment' is frankly mental.

slondonskyblue

Diversity appointment ? He was appointed because he's an ex player , a lot of ex players , ex magers turn up as pundits. He was always going to be in a difficult position after slagging off his players in public after Sat
If you read the thread you’ll see I was referring to him as a pundit

slondonskyblue

I’m referring to him being appointed as a pundit not a manager. 🤦🏻‍♂️ not very astute are you, despite the username

Astute

I’m referring to him being appointed as a pundit not a manager. 🤦🏻‍♂️ not very astute are you, despite the username
I'm not very astute?

I didn't even use the word 'manager' in my whole post. I did mention commentators. I also mentioned my dislike of the phrase 'diversity appointment'.

Not very astute are you 😁

slondonskyblue

I'm not very astute?

I didn't even use the word 'manager' in my whole post. I did mention commentators. I also mentioned my dislike of the phrase 'diversity appointment'.

Not very astute are you 😁
Why don’t you like the phrase diversity appointment? The industry I work in has quotas for diversity appointments hence why I use the phrase.

also just for reference I do think Black men are chronically underrepresented in senior managerial positions. You’re race bating and it’s boring.

slowpoke

Just turned out to be a poor manager and calling out his players the way he did publicly invited the sack.
He will probably go back to being a pundit somewhere seemed okay to me when doing his bit on Sky, certainly won’t be pushing Tesco trolleys.

Boicey

Why don’t you like the phrase diversity appointment? The industry I work in has quotas for diversity appointments hence why I use the phrase.

also just for reference I do think Black men are chronically underrepresented in senior managerial positions. You’re race bating and it’s boring.
I mean you are the guy who threw in his race and are now adding some desperate vague whataboutism.
When you’re in a hole stop digging.

skyblue1991

More time to spend on Sky Sports now.

He really was Rooney Mk.II. Name over substance.
You're not comparing Rooney to Deeney are you with regards to a name

Rooney was a world class striker, Deeney was a bottom 5 Prem striker at best

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Balli001

The point here is that we have a very good club culture at the moment and fans take that for granted. The fact that current players and the management team have been in touch with Dabo since the comments speaks volumes of the people at our club and I’m proud of the response. It’s nothing to do with how he played for us, or that he wasn’t cut out for the championship. you can still care about people who you no longer have a professional relationship with.

he also didn’t put himself forward for the penalty, I was at Wembley and there was a clear sense of confusion as to who was next to take a penalty given that several takers were no longer on the pitch.
He did. He said in an interview he volunteered

StrettoBoy

He did brilliantly well in league 1 and certainly helped us get promoted and was OK in first two seasons in Championship. Injuries seemed to effect him last year and he struggled.
He lived in Bannner Brook in a very ordinary house do doubt he was on a lot of cash. Put in a good shift for the club. Not a legend though and love in from some on BookFace/twatter a bit OTT.

I think that's a fair assessment. He did well for us at his best.

It was sad that his performances for us went downhill towards the end and he obviously hasn't performed for FGR. Like you, I put this down to his injuries.

He's only 28 and football is a short career, so I hope he can get back to something like his best.

Astute

Race baiting?

Fuck me you will say anything other than admit you're wrong. You accused me of saying something I didn't say at all. Now you put another false accusation forward.

I don't like the phrase because people like you use it to have a go at people like you did earlier.

Black men? Take a look at the world around you. How about women? That's all women. Doesn't look like your diversity training had the desired effect.

Hertsccfc

So what are these quotas for 'diversity appointments'? Sounds illegal to me. Let's be clear positive discrimination is illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBT

Offhegoes

Always remember seeing him on MOTD (playing for Watford) when he literally stuck his fingers in the face of an opponent and dragged his hand down. Horrible.
Always thought he was a nasty piece of work after that

Users who are viewing this thread