Denis Dragus (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Belgium league moved into 5th place over the French league recently in the new coefficient ratings
It's fairly decent, I was saying this last summer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I hope that’s not the case with Bidwell - he’s a good LWB and we should be looking for a long-term dedicated solution at LCB rather than looking to make do.

Neither Palmer nor O’Hare can be trusted/expected to bear a big workload this season given their injury history, so I would expect them to get rotated. By contrast, I’d be disappointed if we’re spending seven-figure sums on players like Sakamoto, Simms and Van Ewijk just to have them only start 25/30 games.

I agree though that a formation change is more likely than not this season.

The other thing worth noting is that Robins has consistently liked to have two wingbacks on each side and often changes them as subs, probably because of the energy required for the position. It’s not like CB or CM where players tend to play 90 mins every week.

TBH I don’t think £1m is too much for a squad player with potential at the top end of the Championship. Though I’d agree if we spend £3.5m on van Ewijk he’s going to be a starter.

fatso

Really? Looks good to me (with the caveat that a few minutes taken out of a season! ought to be impressive!)
Yea, was expecting to see some world class finishing, most players look exceptional on a highlight video. I think he needs to have a word with his editor to get some more clips uploaded.

And there's some very dodgy keepers in that video!

SBT

The other thing worth noting is that Robins has consistently liked to have two wingbacks on each side and often changes them as subs, probably because of the energy required for the position. It’s not like CB or CM where players tend to play 90 mins every week.

TBH I don’t think £1m is too much for a squad player with potential at the top end of the Championship. Though I’d agree if we spend £3.5m on van Ewijk he’s going to be a starter.
I think I’m just already sufficiently in love with Sakamoto that I refuse to entertain the idea of him being on the bench.

Evo1883

Basically will be here to create the space and chances for simms and do the work around him , and I'm OK with that

Warwickhunt

I think MR is going to use Speed and Stamina to upset the Championship teams this term. I like players who can get you off your arse when they run with the ball, just hope they are not another Thomas all speed and dont know where the white sticks for goals is

Monty

Well its clearly the inverted umbrella formation:

SIMMS

DRAGUS

PALMER

DaSilva HAMER SHEAF VAN EWIJK

THOMAS McFadzean Laibeaudiere

Collins

Bench: Wilson, Godden, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Kelly, Eccles, Allen, Burroughs, Howley with O'Hare and Tavares to come back in Autumn

Winny the Bish

Remember last season where we tried to change to a 4-2-3-1 when losing and it never worked because Gyokeres was left wing with Godden up front and Tavares or BNC on the right?

Feel like these signings are all about adding versatility so we can play that system better.

RW: Tatsu
AM: O’Hare/Palmer
LW: Dragus
ST: Simms

covcity4life

Well its clearly the inverted umbrella formation:

SIMMS

DRAGUS

PALMER

DaSilva HAMER SHEAF VAN EWIJK

THOMAS McFadzean Laibeaudiere

Collins

Bench: Wilson, Godden, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Kelly, Eccles, Allen, Burroughs, Howley with O'Hare and Tavares to come back in Autumn
Why are some in caps?

Grendel

Max Bygraves is about to burst into song at 5pm

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

All this reminds me of playing FIFA 11 or something like that. You have a Coventry City team with a Liverpool type budget. Scouting the whole world, dropping a few million on about ten different signings and spending about a week playing the game just to get through the summer transfer window. Except this time it isn't a simulation and it is actually happening.

This all feels so fucking strange. Like when you've been dating a lunatic for a while and then meet a new woman who actually is a genuinely nice person, and you have to keep pinching yourself to remind yourself of it. How can we not be optimistic right now?

Users who are viewing this thread