Did sisu save ACL? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

To be honest I would want a management company based in my town to run it rather than some mysterious offshore company that has proven to be incompetent.

The fact that it is a council as well gives me a feeling of security and I am willing to put up with its inefficiencies in the hope that any future profits will go into the public purse.

In other words whoever owns the club will never ever play at the Ricoh again as any owners will not want one penny going in the public purse.

Sky Blue Pete

You need to explain the comment Grendel I don't recognise it. Once you have explained the context I will try and answer my opinion. Js wants it all and doesn't care about the club. What is your motivation Grendel? We are both fans.

Grendel

If they pay a fair price for it they will respect it.

If they get it for nothing they don't have to.

If you seriously think any owner will be prepared to let the council be Involved at all and will not want bottom book price you are in for a nasty surprise.

Grendel

You need to explain the comment Grendel I don't recognise it. Once you have explained the context I will try and answer my opinion. Js wants it all and doesn't care about the club. What is your motivation Grendel? We are both fans.

First how do you know she wants it all and doesn't care about the club?

italiahorse

In other words whoever owns the club will never ever play at the Ricoh again as any owners will not want one penny going in the public purse.

No, thats idiotic. I would say you a problem with councils clouding your thinking.

In one post you say they are not making a profit so they should hand it over then in this one you say they shouldn't make a profit.
You talk bollocks and I don't know why.

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
SISU's plan derived by Fisher in December 2011, and then activated in March 2012 when ARVO registered 2 Debentures at Company's House against the Football Club, was the beginning of the end for Coventry City. The ACL Management had insight into Fisher and Seppala's plan, and scuppered it. Certain players on the ACL Board were a little smarter than SISU thought.

Really? Which ones knew about the plan?

Grendel

No, thats idiotic. I would say you a problem with councils clouding your thinking.

In one post you say they are not making a profit so they should hand it over then in this one you say they shouldn't make a profit.
You talk bollocks and I don't know why.

No both me and M and B picked up on your coffers to the taxpayer comment. No owner will ever want any dealings with this council ever. They will want it all - this council have proved unfit to deal with private companies at the Ricoh. The vision c
You gave would put every private buyer off.

skybluetony176

More nonsense. No evidence whatsoever suggests anyone wants something on the cheap

Again, you probably missed this because it was when last week's court case was still deemed irrelevant by you. But sisu valued higgs share of ACL at £ 0.00. Presumably they valued*CCC's half the same. This is a company with better accounts than the ones they have lumbered the club with. So yes, they want something for nothing, that's less than on the cheap.

Ooo. You may be onto something grendull. If ACL is worth zero pounds sisu should pay the trust to take CCFC of their hands. We'd be doing them a favour and the club could start playing in Coventry again with immediate effect. It's a win win.

Sky Blue Pete

I think you are right about that Grendel. I have no reason to doubt the person who I spoke to who has met her and the conversation that took place. When you are not able to confirm the content of what you hear you look for clues to fit your thesis. Js hasn't been to a game, admits she doesn't know anything about football and her pa said that if they couldn't acquire the Higgs half of acl they would cease to fund the club, seems to back up that al was not talking out of her arse

Last edited:

Grendel

Again, you probably missed this because it was when last week's court case was still deemed irrelevant by you. But sisu valued higgs share of ACL at £ 0.00. Presumably they valued*CCC's half the same. This is a company with better accounts than the ones they have lumbered the club with. So yes, they want something for nothing, that's less than on the cheap.

Ooo. You may be onto something grendull. If ACL is worth zero pounds sisu should pay the trust to take CCFC of their hands. We'd be doing them a favour and the club could start playing in Coventry again with immediate effect. It's a win win.

They offered £5.5 million you idiot.

Nick

Administrator

No disrespect to anybody, could the trust run a club?

Sky Blue Pete

No but we all acknowledge that the Ricoh arena needs CCfc and CCfc need the Ricoh. CCc could agree a trust fund to the people of conentry like a memorial park for the use of the city's football club. Would need some work but got to be possible

Grendel

They offered £5.5M going into negotiations and then changed there mind during negotiations.
Try and keep up!!
No they didn't. The terms if payment was not acceptable and they then offered £2 million.

The original offer was according to the council over valued.

Grendel

They didn't offer anything. The talks never got that far. Hence, last week's irrelevant then not irrelevant court case.

The council thought it was too much any didn't they Pete. Ask your mate about that when you see her next.

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody else wish there was a magic button on here that could fast forward to June/July?
images

letsallsingtogether

Ha Ha this from the poster that turns every Thread onto ACL or CCC of course we care about Coventry, well I do anyway and that includes the City of Coventry where I live and Love as well as Coventry City FC who I also love. Unfortunately I don't want our current owners who I don't like and who have fucked up one of my loves to have something for nothing just to fuck it up even more and leaving us with nothing!

So you believe that Sisu have done well for this club and giving them the Ricoh will make them even better, yet you also make out to be far superior then the rest of us on your £100,000 per year?

I just glad that I am uneducated and only on a fraction of that.

Enjoy this thread.

Sorry? How many other football clubs forums would anyone care about a management company. They wouldn't want it to have a fair deal they'd want it to go bust and get it as cheaply as possible. As I do.

Grendel

Ha Ha this from the poster that turns every Thread onto ACL or CCC of course we care about Coventry, well I do anyway and that includes the City of Coventry where I live and Love as well as Coventry City FC who I also love. Unfortunately I don't want our current owners who I don't like and who have fucked up one of my loves to have something for nothing just to fuck it up even more and leaving us with nothing!

So you believe that Sisu have done well for this club and giving them the Ricoh will make them even better, yet you also make out to be far superior then the rest of us on your £100,000 per year?

I just glad that I am uneducated and only on a fraction of that.

Enjoy this thread.

I have never said sisu have "done well for this club". If you want a debate its best if you do not start from a false premise.

The Gentleman

A lot better than the trust. We'd be out of business in a week.

Really? If the right management structure was in place following detailed analysis of how the model works in Germany, acceptance of a lowly rental deal with access to revenues at the Ricoh (how could ACL possibly refuse this), higher attendances would increase income, the buzz in the city would increase sponsorship having fans directly involved with their club and the promise of negotiations into the Ricoh. Not saying it would definitely work but I know one thing and that is that Sisu/Otium have made a complete pigs ear of it so far.

letsallsingtogether

No Sisu said it was not worth any thing only offered 2 million as a charity payment?

So why would you want to own something that is worth nothing and what sort of business would then offer 2 million for it?
No wonder we are in the shit :thinking about:
No they didn't. The terms if payment was not acceptable and they then offered £2 million.

The original offer was according to the council over valued.

Grendel

Really? If the right management structure was in place following detailed analysis of how the model works in Germany, acceptance of a lowly rental deal with access to revenues at the Ricoh (how could ACL possibly refuse this), higher attendances would increase income, the buzz in the city would increase sponsorship having fans directly involved with their club and the promise of negotiations into the Ricoh. Not saying it would definitely work but I know one thing and that is that Sisu/Otium have made a complete pigs ear of it so far.

Have you ever heard of Ricardo Montablan?

letsallsingtogether

But you have never said they haven't and change every argument towards Joe Elliot, CCC, ACL, Ritchadson, The Trust anyone bar sisu?

So explain to me how sisu will bring down our debts return the Club to a higher level and make us self sufficient even if they owned the Ricoh?

We started debt free in the championship average crowds of about 11,000 and are now over 40 million in debt of which you could say 10 million was rent (being generous) and average crowds that are to embarrassing even to mention.

They can't run a football club now you want them to also try and run an Arena, they should stay and do what they are good at investing money for faceless people, just not in a sports club..

I have never said sisu have "done well for this club". If you want a debate its best if you do not start from a false premise.

Users who are viewing this thread