Do you want to discuss boring politics? (12 Viewers)

Ian1779

Politicians don’t generally tend to dismiss things that people are very upset about as “stupid”, even if it is stupid.
It’s a piece of clothing. There is literally nothing to be upset about.
I feel sorry for the people getting angry, they’re gonna be apoplectic when they find out St George is not a white English man….

PVA

I feel sorry for the people getting angry, they’re gonna be apoplectic when they find out St George is not a white English man….

For you and I, and most on this forum, no its nothing to be upset about.

But there are an awful lot of people out there who nearly have a coronary at this sort of thing!

rob9872

And the flag is actually Italian in origin.
Ooh look how clever I am it was Italy, I read it earlier today and reposted it here to look smart. I've also used the term Flag Shagger cause I'm a cool dude. That'll show the gammons, they're all racist xenophobic rapists. I do support the Rainbow flag though, because that's a good political message to show I'm compassionate 👍

skybluetony176

Ooh look how clever I am it was Italy, I read it earlier today and reposted it here to look smart. I've also used the term Flag Shagger cause I'm a cool dude. That'll show the gammons, they're all racist xenophobic rapists. I do support the Rainbow flag though, because that's a good political message to show I'm compassionate 👍
You okay hun? You seem to have gone full snowflake.

shmmeee

The comment about taxes and spending didn’t start with me. My question was about the actual compromises the Tories have had to make in government or while electioneering. Seems to me they had to make some social policy ones while with the Lib Dems but since it’s only been them in charge they’ve gone more rogue with each reincarnation.

Cut spending all over the place, pledge to send refugees to Rwanda, Liz Truss’ any % crash the £ speed run, Boris proroguing Parliament etc etc. They’ve compromised on jack shit. But if a shadow minister dares to appear on a picket line he’s out because it looks a bit too Bolshy.

You’re saying that what a party says at an election is often considerably more centrist than what they do in power. Interesting. Interesting.

chiefdave

Surprised to see Anneliese Dodds, doing the rounds this morning, refusing to confirm Labour will match the Tories commitment to the triple lock.

If we're supposed to believe that the messaging from the Labour leadership is not actually what they will implement but what they think will appeal to wavering Tory voters this seems an odd move. Can't imagine it doing much to persuade any pensioner to switch their vote.

shmmeee

Surprised to see Anneliese Dodds, doing the rounds this morning, refusing to confirm Labour will match the Tories commitment to the triple lock.

If we're supposed to believe that the messaging from the Labour leadership is not actually what they will implement but what they think will appeal to wavering Tory voters this seems an odd move. Can't imagine it doing much to persuade any pensioner to switch their vote.

Labour aren’t promising any huge spending that will derail their election campaign with endless “how is it paid for” debates playing into voter concerns about Labour overspending. Hope that helps. The theme through all of this (public sector pay, green investment, HS2, triple lock) is spending.

clint van damme

Labour aren’t promising any huge spending that will derail their election campaign with endless “how is it paid for” debates playing into voter concerns about Labour overspending. Hope that helps. The theme through all of this (public sector pay, green investment, HS2, triple lock) is spending.

That's absolutely fine, but don't get upset when people who think they should spend sqy they're not voting for them.
Hope that helps.

shmmeee

That's absolutely fine, but don't get upset when people who think they should spend sqy they're not voting for them.
Hope that helps.

I’m not upset, I’m massively frustrated because I’m left wing and would quite like the left wing to stop shooting itself in the foot and get its ideas implemented because I think the country could do with them.

fernandopartridge

The triple lock exists already?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You don't understand that to some it is important , Ian.
If our kit manufacturer decided we had to change most of the sky blue to red on a ten year deal I think you and I would both be upset about it.
As for the colour of the skin of St George most people wouldn't really care and you're assuming , as usual, that anyone with any sense of patriotism to being " English" is a racist.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Most of the sky blue? Ten year deal?

Have you actually seen the new England shirt, or are you just being Hot Cross Alan again?
Have you seen it and do you think it's a great idea ?
Let's get rid of the elephant on our badge . No one has an elephant. It's hardly football is it ?

Last edited:

Grendel

Have you seen it ?

Come on bit harsh - he’s a hot shot journo for the Basildon Gazette. Last week he had a scoop that someone had left some dog mess on Southend pier - an out of town assignment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hot Cross Alan
Sad Doctor Who GIF

Ian1779

You don't understand that to some it is important , Ian.
If our kit manufacturer decided we had to change most of the sky blue to red on a ten year deal I think you and I would both be upset about it.
As for the colour of the skin of St George most people wouldn't really care and you're assuming , as usual, that anyone with any sense of patriotism to being " English" is a racist.
England have had numerous kits over the years that have not contained St George’s flag, or even versions of the flag distorted or manipulated for commercial means. The main icon on an England shirt is the 3 lions badge, so making some half arsed comparison involving us is irrelevant.
As for your second point, I’m making no assumptions at all, but let’s be clear you are talking about worshipping a piece of cloth and a man from Turkey that killed imaginary creatures.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

England have had numerous kits over the years that have not contained St George’s flag, or even versions of the flag distorted or manipulated for commercial means. The main icon on an England shirt is the 3 lions badge, so making some half arsed comparison involving us is irrelevant.
As for your second point, I’m making no assumptions at all, but let’s be clear you are talking about worshipping a piece of cloth and a man from Turkey that killed imaginary creatures.
You are making assumptions . You always do. It's how you justify yourself.
Like everyone , I thought the story of George and the dragon was true so I'm really pleased your extensive knowledge has put me right.

Last edited:

Ian1779

You are making assumptions . You always do. It's how you justify yourself.
Like everyone , I thought the story of George and the dragon was true so I'm really pleased your extensive knowledge has put me right.
What are you on about?? It’s a fabric cross on the back of a football shirt, it’s not destroying our national identity.

You should be far more outraged about its disgusting price to be fair.

Brighton Sky Blue

What are you on about?? It’s a fabric cross on the back of a football shirt, it’s not destroying our national identity.

Anyone who is genuinely offended by the design is doing the designers a massive favour by giving it extra attention.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'd never buy an England shirt.

shmmeee

Massive pay drop for a number of years but out the other side it’ll pay off both monetarily and in job satisfaction. If it goes tits up I can always go back to teaching and being a union rep

Hope you never go back man. Was the best thing I ever did for quality of life. Hope you get one of those overpaid fake email work from home jobs like me. You’ve earned it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Massive pay drop for a number of years but out the other side it’ll pay off both monetarily and in job satisfaction. If it goes tits up I can always go back to teaching and being a union rep
Why on earth would you ever go back ? You've done it once and it'll be worse than ever next time round. Don't ever go back. Move on. Do something that gives you a good work / life balance .
Teaching is truly dreadful in the UK and the pay is minimum wage given the hours you put in.

Users who are viewing this thread