Do you want to discuss boring politics? (15 Viewers)

shmmeee

If the bet is for who is winning the London Mayoral election I’ll happily take that lol

Seems WM is a close Labour win as well, apparently Tories asking for a recount.

JAM See

If the bet is for who is winning the London Mayoral election I’ll happily take that lol

Seems WM is a close Labour win as well, apparently Tories asking for a recount.
Recount in Coventry apparently.

Looks like the city of Coventry are the kingmakers.

If you didn't vote, no matter which way it goes, never ever darken my doorway with a moan about the West Midlands mayor. Ever!

chiefdave

Some of the reporting from reputable journalists has left a bit to be desired. I've always found this 'client journalist' stuff a bit tin foil hat but they were stating since voting finished that London was neck and neck and that Street was cruising to victory.

Where is that information coming from because it's clearly not from anywhere reliable.

JAM See

Some of the reporting from reputable journalists has left a bit to be desired. I've always found this 'client journalist' stuff a bit tin foil hat but they were stating since voting finished that London was neck and neck and that Street was cruising to victory.

Where is that information coming from because it's clearly not from anywhere reliable.
All rather bizarre.

Voting has closed. Why sully one's journalistic reputation by peddling nonsense?

Surely it will bite you on the arse one day.

shmmeee

Not all journos, but there’s definitely some Westminster reporters that literally just print what their mates in the party tell them.

chiefdave

Granted she's the Suns political editor and they aren't exactly renowned for accuracy but how do you 'find' thousands of extra votes a couple of hours after journalists have been reporting an expected Street loss by 2,000 - 3,000 votes? News coverage earlier was saying that even with a full recount a change of more than a couple of hundred votes would be unusual

CCFCSteve

Granted she's the Suns political editor and they aren't exactly renowned for accuracy but how do you 'find' thousands of extra votes a couple of hours after journalists have been reporting an expected Street loss by 2,000 - 3,000 votes? News coverage earlier was saying that even with a full recount a change of more than a couple of hundred votes would be unusual

Back from the pub…reassuring 😂

Looks like Labour win anyway. Agreed, if it’s by 3k votes not sure it warrants a recount

SkyBlueSoul

Don't live down there so can't comment myself but my mum is gutted. Only time she's ever voted Conservative in her life is for Andy Street. Loves what he's done for the region.

Terry Gibson's perm

The only problem now will be the spite of Sunak that is why an election needs to happen quickly to stop further damage by this little toad.

Users who are viewing this thread