Does the budget reflect our position? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

I would be interested to see how we did with a fully fit squad that we had now with a year together playing.

line up for MR 1st game in March 17

---------------------Burge---------------------
Foley-----Clarke--- Turnbull-----Stokes
-----Thomas---Stevenson---Reilly------
----K Thomas----Beavon---Vernam-----

12 months on it looks very different. Burge and Stokes left in the first team picture, and lets face it, neither of those covering themselves in glory recently either

Covstu

I'd be more confident about next season than I have been for a while, as much because we either already have the players, or we'll get cash for them if they go.

Don't get me wrong, precedent says if we stay down we'll be shite, but precedent says we don't do promotions anyway!
my concern is that well sell more assets and back to square one, we have a habit of not replacing quality with quality but maybe buy two players (or loan) of lesser quality which demonstrates the slide down the table year after year.

NorthernWisdom

my concern is that well sell more assets and back to square one, we have a habit of not replacing quality with quality but maybe buy two players (or loan) of lesser quality which demonstrates the slide down the table year after year.
You'd think Bayliss is as good as gone, and maybe McNulty. Wouldn't want either gone, but that's probably realistic and inevitable. If, however, they went but we couldn't hold onto the others (Willis seems to just be settled here and not particularly concerned about moving?) you'd have to worry.

And sure, McNulty's goals would be a hole to fill, but then that's what most managers find themselves having to do. And having brought in McGoldrick, the Clarke in his first spell, and also bringing in McNulty it seems that, although Robins is no massive fan of fluid attacking football, he does know a good striker when he sees one.

Londonccfcfan

You'd think Bayliss is as good as gone, and maybe McNulty. Wouldn't want either gone, but that's probably realistic and inevitable. If, however, they went but we couldn't hold onto the others (Willis seems to just be settled here and not particularly concerned about moving?) you'd have to worry.

And sure, McNulty's goals would be a hole to fill, but then that's what most managers find themselves having to do. And having brought in McGoldrick, the Clarke in his first spell, and also bringing in McNulty it seems that, although Robins is no massive fan of fluid attacking football, he does know a good striker when he sees one.

McNulty still have year left on his contract and would command a decent fee for us to even consider.

With Bayliss we have no option.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Football clubs are not businesses, most of them lose money and are financed by wealthy individuals.

Look at the figures here, there are as many clubs losing money than making it.. lower divisions are similar with smaller numbers.
Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict

Correction: they’re not normal businesses. At the end of the day the owners don’t want to lose anymore money.

Most of them might lose money, does that mean football should adopt the approach “invest a ton of money at a loss, if it fails fuck off and let someone else do the same”

skybluebeduff

16 if you want to include Pearson. 11 permanent signings (12 if JCH signs permanently), is certainly above average in the league. Most teams would be signing 10 including loans, we’ve only signed 4 loan players all year.
You do know we had hardly any players in the summer after all the departures? He had no choice but to fill the squad, and our squad only looks bigger because the academy players fill it!
Capture.PNG

singers_pore

Two possibilities:

1. Every manager has underachieved during every season under SISU, or

2. SISU (and their stooges) regularly lie to fans about the level of financial support they have given our managers.

You can choose to believe 1 if you like but I think all the available evidence points to 2.

stupot07

Two possibilities:

2. SISU (and their stooges) regularly lie to fans about the level of financial support they have given our managers.

You can choose to believe 1 if you like but I think all the available evidence points to 2.
Or more likely its a mixture of the two but we can absolve the manager of any failures and just blame Sisu.

Looking back at our managers since sisu, I don't think any of them have gone on to be a success at another club since leaving us, albeit Mowbray is doing well with the biggest budget in league one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Two possibilities:

We have a a squad of 22 1st team players (go check the CCFC website). This number does not include the following: Ponticelli, Bayliss, Shipley. We have a large squad.

We had to rebuild because we got relegated and the squad had a lot of deadwood. We got quality and quantity through the door with experienced professionals. Fellow teams in our division have said we ‘blew them out of the water’ for signings. So I do think the management has had support from the board, at last.

If anything Robins is underachieving this year, however, I can appreciate the injuries we’ve had would’ve impacted on our tactics and form. So I’d give him another year to refine the squad more.

It’s pretty clear that no matter what I say, you’re just going to move the goal posts. It just seems like you’re very reactionary - a bit of bad form and all of a sudden it’s Sisu’s fault.

Generally Midfield

End of....

Looking at this thread and the one called '8th biggest budget' it seems on the basic point about what budget we have and how it compares to the rest of the division that no one actually knows. There's some bits of info like on size of squad and we've all got our own opinion but otherwise saying how we're performing compared with what budget us and other clubs have is as clear as mud!

skybluetony176

Or more likely its a mixture of the two but we can absolve the manager of any failures and just blame Sisu.

Looking back at our managers since sisu, I don't think any of them have gone on to be a success at another club since leaving us, albeit Mowbray is doing well with the biggest budget in league one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They are the common denominator. Don’t think we absolve all managers of blame. Thorn, Slade, Coleman and Boothroyd were all failures due to being inept at their job IMO. I wouldn’t never say that they failed solely because of the owners. I would say that Pressley and Mowbray were deeply effected by the owners, in SP’s case I think the futility of our situation under these owners wore him down and he lost his way. I don’t care what people say but under Mowbray the wheels came of with the decision to relieve Waggot of his duties and replace him with Anderson and it started the minute Anderson arrived and that was the owners decision. Is Robins about to crash and burn? Who knows but what we do know is that we’re self sufficient so he gets support from the owners when other managers do so they’re a negative.

wingy

They are the common denominator. Don’t think we absolve all managers of blame. Thorn, Slade, Coleman and Boothroyd were all failures due to being inept at their job IMO. I wouldn’t never say that they failed solely because of the owners. I would say that Pressley and Mowbray were deeply effected by the owners, in SP’s case I think the futility of our situation under these owners wore him down and he lost his way. I don’t care what people say but under Mowbray the wheels came of with the decision to relieve Waggot of his duties and replace him with Anderson and it started the minute Anderson arrived and that was the owners decision. Is Robins about to crash and burn? Who knows but what we do know is that we’re self sufficient so he gets support from the owners when other managers do so they’re a negative.
Apart from being rather dull to watch I can't entirely agree re Boothroyd .
The upheaval in the boardroom surfaced during that January coupled to the signing King saga .
Turners injury V Leeds topping things off.

letsallsingtogether

No, I pointed out you had changed your stance on them. It's fact.

You aren't questioning anybody from what I can see either.

You can try and play that line though if you want if it gets you and the other mouth breathing sheep worked up.
Leave Grendal and torch out of this ;)

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Apart from being rather dull to watch I can't entirely agree re Boothroyd .
The upheaval in the boardroom surfaced during that January coupled to the signing King saga .
Turners injury V Leeds topping things off.

Agreed. Plus the releasing of Doyle to save money and the injury to Carsley when their "dogs of war" midfield partnership was a big part of that side's style of play. It wasn't pretty, but for a while it was more effective than any since relegation. And that with Nathan Cameron and Clive Platt in the side, so not exactly on a mega-budget. Of course Aidy gets a bit of the blame for making Turner play through the injury when we could all see that he needed getting off that pitch ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread