Doug King live on air Monday (2 Viewers)

Balli001

Well it isn't because barely any box holders are renewing. At least by staggering the rises over 2-3 seasons it would've allowed the club to find its ideal price point.

As both I and others have said aligning themselves with other Championship clubs straight off the bat doesn't work as there's so many variables needed to be accounted for first.
So if they sell all the boxes i expect you to make a full apology yes?

djr8369

Well it isn't because barely any box holders are renewing. At least by staggering the rises over 2-3 seasons it would've allowed the club to find its ideal price point.

As both I and others have said aligning themselves with other Championship clubs straight off the bat doesn't work as there's so many variables needed to be accounted for first.
Amount of renewals isn’t really indicative of anything. What’s important is whether they sell.

I’ve no idea whether they will or not, time will tell.

RoboCCFC90

How are they going to sell all the boxes when the vast majority of existing box holders are outright refusing to renew?

There is also a waiting list for the boxes, therefore it would be incorrect to assume that just because existing box holders are not renewing that we won't sell the boxes.

NorthernWisdom

Amount of renewals isn’t really indicative of anything. What’s important is whether they sell.

I’ve no idea whether they will or not, time will tell.
Regardless of whether it ends up working out or not, what I can't see is a bunch of new businesses just clamouring to buy. I might be wrong, but it's a niche product anyway, isn't it.

djr8369

Well it categorically is because it's considerably harder and more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is retaining an existing one.
You don’t know what the profit margin is or how much the club will spend marketing the boxes so this is pretty meaningless. It’s a just a rule of thumb that’s tossed around in business.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There is also a waiting list for the boxes, therefore it would be incorrect to assume that just because existing box holders are not renewing that we won't sell the boxes.

It's really not incorrect to assume that at all. The majority on the waiting list will likely follow suit and not bother because the premise upon which they joined said list was that the boxes would be roughly in or around the previous price.

djr8369

Regardless of whether it ends up working out or not, what I can't see is a bunch of new businesses just clamouring to buy. I might be wrong, but it's a niche product anyway, isn't it.
Yeah it’s pretty niche but then there are plenty of clubs with sold out corporate boxes.

RoboCCFC90

It's really not incorrect to assume that at all. The majority on the waiting list will likely follow suit and not bother because the premise upon which they joined said list was that the boxes would be roughly in or around the previous price.

Unless you've contacted each individual / group on the waiting list there is no way for you to possibly know that.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You don’t know what the profit margin is or how much the club will spend marketing the boxes so this is pretty meaningless. It’s a just a rule of thumb that’s tossed around in business.

As a business owner, the notion that acquiring new business is harder than retaining existing customers isn't just a rule of thumb, it's fact.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah it’s pretty niche but then there are plenty of clubs with sold out corporate boxes.
It is fair to say it's easier to sell out if you keep who you have and add to them, then start afresh however, isn't it. We'll see how it pans out, but if a lot don't renew, it'll be tough to find a lot to replace them. A few...? Maybe less hard. A waiting list is also maybe a misnomer, as that's a waiting list at old prices.

Anyway as you say, we'll see. Half fill them and sell each week for the others, and it probably works out OK but... if Frasers really have changed the catering etc, there's probably more of a cost to us to rent them in the first place too.

shmmeee

So you keep saying and I don’t disagree. However, they still have to bring in as much income as possible and reduce losses. Then any profit from player sales has more chance of ending up on the field.

Yes but that’s separate from also putting a team out. King needs to decide if the clubs route to profitability is in the PL or L1 and create a squad accordingly.

djr8369

Yes but that’s separate from also putting a team out. King needs to decide if the clubs route to profitability is in the PL or L1 and create a squad accordingly.
From his comments it seems like he wants to invest a minimal amount to fluke a promotion and parachute payments.

KenilworthSkyBlue

As a business owner you should be able to comprehend that an increased profit margin might outweigh the increased costs of acquiring new customers.

Yes, which its why I've long believed it was vital for the club to increase the prices of the boxes as they were priced far too low. I've even written a post on this thread criticising the commercial department for not increasing the prices further last summer.

But there's a limit to which prices can be increased for it to become detrimental and the club have quite obviously exceeded that threshold.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And the fact we have a squad of about four players right now.

Not going be easy to replicate the same team we had last season.

djr8369

Yes, which its why I've long believed it was vital for the club to increase the prices of the boxes as they were priced far too low. I've even written a post on this thread criticising the commercial department for not increasing the prices further last summer.

But there's a limit to which prices can be increased for it to become detrimental and the club have quite obviously exceeded that threshold.
Although it’s a jarring increase we don’t know until we see what sells.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How are they going to sell all the boxes when the vast majority of existing box holders are outright refusing to renew?

If that happens then I think they will sell them match by match.

fernandopartridge

No, there was a waiting list for the boxes based on last year's pricing. You can't see non-renewals are indicative of nothing but rely on a waiting list which is in itself subject to renewal.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If that happens then I think they will sell them match by match.

Yes more than likely. But as stated previously in another post, the match by match sales strategy will only work if the performances on the pitch warrant said sales. Hence why it's better to have boxes purchased for the entirety of the season than the commercial department be forced to sell them on a game by game basis.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yes more than likely. But as stated previously in another post, the match by match sales strategy will only be profitable if the performances on the pitch warrant it. Hence why it's better to have boxes purchased for the entirety of the season than the commercial department be forced to sell them on a game by game basis.

Yes of course it would be better to sell out, it is what it is.

mmttww

I've discussed why that's a problematic strategy in my previous posts. Not repeating myself again.
Don't let simple logic get in the way of you and your mates having a toddler tantrum. Why would they fixate on a set of customers that have been paying a third of what the club think their product is worth?

Not like they've plucked the pricing out of the air - normal for this level - and the boxes were never meant for mates buying together. I'd say the strategy is problematic for you. Probably good for the club.

Grendel

Don't let simple logic get in the way of you and your mates having a toddler tantrum. Why would they fixate on a set of customers that have been paying a third of what the club think their product is worth?

Not like they've plucked the pricing out of the air - normal for this level - and the boxes were never meant for mates buying together. I'd say the strategy is problematic for you. Probably good for the club.

This is an example of competitor hospitality in a stand alone luxury box

Do we offer this?

Package Includes:

• Three course meal, starter, main course, and dessert
  • Executive Box balcony seating
  • Tea and coffee available throughout the day on request
  • Drinks to be ordered and paid for by card on the day.
  • No cash payments.
  • Mini savouries at full time
  • Official matchday programmes and team sheet
Night-games any kick-off after 5pm the food menu will change to:

• Main course and dessert will be served pre-game
  • Sandwiches served at half time
  • Mini savouries at full time
  • Children’s menu for under 16s available on request (prior to arrival) or children can have the adult menu. The Children’s menu alternates from game to game.

Users who are viewing this thread