Doug King Takeover (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Relatively so, but imagine a lot of it is a) that he has to be relatively neutral being on the BBC, and b) they had to maintain a decent relationship with the club (who had form for excluding those like the CET who spoke out against them).

I don't think he works for the BBC anymore. If I recall, he was one of the ones that 'took voluntary retirement' as part of the 'restructuring'. There were quite a few employees that were treated quite badly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Looking back, so many mistakes, so many idiots.

Out of the main characters, what was the worst mistake of each of them?

Joy for not buying the Higgs share back for pittance and probably paying that amount several times over in rent and lost revenue?

Igwe and saying Sky Blue Sam was too fat?

Ken Deluded for just being orange?

G Robinson for getting them in to protect his money and let all the other investors just burn (allegedly, and, it backfired)

Tim trying to mansplain when he’d have been far better going with facts that other half clued up fans could have digested and imparted?

Ray Ranson for just not explaining the Bosman rule at the get go to SISU?

The council for their egotistical b.s.?

Storey for d***ing around and stopping the club owning the stadium (I believe)?

Whoever thought Andy Thorn was the answer?

Brexit? (normally blamed for everything)

I’d do a poll: who was to most to blame for the SISU years but TBH I looked at doing so and wasn’t sure how so left it.
say n.gif

Sbarcher

I still find this takeover a little hard to believe. It's obviously gone through, but how much has Doug paid, and why would SISU write off £10's of million of so called debt. They have investors to consider so really surprised they have buggered off with nothing.
All seems a little too convenient and contrived for me I'm afraid.

Grendel

I still find this takeover a little hard to believe. It's obviously gone through, but how much has Doug paid, and why would SISU write off £10's of million of so called debt. They have investors to consider so really surprised they have buggered off with nothing.

I doubt he’s paid anything

Sick Boy

Their investors probably didn’t even know their money was in CCFC and would likely have been a small part of an overall portfolio.

hill83

What is it with these flat-earthers and their inability to come to terms with the fact that someone has just bought a football club?

That's all that's happened here - 'Man Buys Football Club'. The end. There's no conspiracy.

Think outside the box dude don’t be a sheep

hill83

Don’t be afraid m8

Calista

What is it with these flat-earthers and their inability to come to terms with the fact that someone has just bought a football club?

That's all that's happened here - 'Man Buys Football Club'. The end. There's no conspiracy.
Maybe it’s as simple as that, but how often does an individual person just buy a football club? I’m no expert, but I doubt whether much of the Sisu money came personally from Joy, and I doubt whether much of the money now belongs personally to Doug. We never get told who the actual investors are behind the scenes, but maybe they haven’t changed much – just some nifty shifting of dosh and debts between hedge funds, with obscure financial advantages?

Regardless, if it means we don’t keep having to sell good players prematurely under duress, and can start paying upper Championship-level transfer fees and wages, it’s a very welcome step forward.

Grendel

In all seriousness I hope we can end the fan civil war and get back to hating each other for our football opinions only.

Well at least King seems keen to engage with supporters and in a non corporate way. It’s a bit whacky but a far cry from fisher and Sepalla - also wants a daily involvement in and around the club - seniority in decision making has been severely lacking

skyblu3sk

If the takeover stops us having to sell players to keep the wolves from the door and be able to reinvest any money we make from player sales then I will be a happy man I don't believe sisu have had to pump millions and millions in that they suggest they did therefore with careful management Doug can keep us going well.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Obviously it depends but a lot of that debt was their required returns from interest etc. They've taken management charges etc out so they've had a income from he club even while they've been putting in loans.

Obviously depends on what Doug has paid but they could write off tens of millons of what they were 'owed' and still leave with a small profit.

robbiethemole

I do wonder if King's 'bid' for the stadium was made because
a) He needed to be seen to do so to appear genuine re his intentions for the club.
b) To throw everyone off the scent of any connection with MA and himself.
so, are you suggesting Joy is also in on this?? as she went along and encouraged his bid for the Arena, sounds a bit like collusion and, strictly speaking, slightly illegal.

Samo

so, are you suggesting Joy is also in on this?? as she went along and encouraged his bid for the Arena, sounds a bit like collusion and, strictly speaking, slightly illegal.

No

D

Deleted member 5612

It was debt they generated before the last admin, they just moved it in to different holding company, then used the whole, take on the debt, as part of the acquisition under Otium. All paper cash and not 'real' as such. Think SISU investors basically said, stop this farce and move on please. Luckily for us Doug willing to come in for the club.

alexccfc99

Heard from people at the Bedworth Supporters Club with MR and Doug tonight that:

Doug said that he brought the last 15% as it come clear very quickly him and SISU working together wasn’t going to work

All new stadium plans on a bonfire (not that it was ever happening anyway) and staying at CBS is only option - Called SISU’s plans ‘Pie In The Sky’

MR said he’s not leaving off his own back until he’s managed us in the Prem

Users who are viewing this thread