Doug King Takeover (14 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Well

If he really wanted the stadium and just that, he won't care about this late development.

If he wanted the club as well, he'll have to decide if he can be bothered carrying on without it.
If he really wanted the stadium and just that, he won't care about this late development. - Then we're in the same situation we were in but with a new owner who is planning on making us debt free and potentially competitive.

If he wanted the club as well, he'll have to decide if he can be bothered carrying on without it. - He either backs out leaving the club a chance to buy it -or- he decides stadium ownership is fine and we're in step 1.

torchomatic

Just woke up from a little doze... or did I? Am I awake now or what????

Yes, don't worry. Mike McGinnity is still in charge. What dis you dream about?

skybluetony176

So is he a local businessman because he has one business amongst many that just happens to be located in Stratford or is he actually from Coventry/Warwickshire?

Because on the former basis Coventry/Warwickshire has several Sports Directs so Mike Ashley is a local business man before he even builds his new HQ at Ansty.

There seems to be a lot of deliberate wordplay going on in briefings and statements.

You’ll forgive me if I don’t get the bunting out just yet. Years of SISU has taught me to be sceptical, before you even consider the what looks like very deliberate timing of all this.

Evo1883

Do you think that will happen?

Mike ashley will see through this. He could easily do what the council done and fuck up sisu which means messing us up. That’s my concern. We’ve been here before and look what happened. Sisu playing politics with our club again

Let's wait and see , big day tomorrow

CCFCSteve

Well

If he really wanted the stadium and just that, he won't care about this late development.

If he wanted the club as well, he'll have to decide if he can be bothered carrying on without it.

The goalposts might've moved though (excuse the pun 😊) if the court hearing is adjourned tomorrow, exclusivity period lapses and other bidders come to the party

Ashley might’ve wanted stadium only at a certain price, could be different if the above happens

ceetee

So it's not credible that Ashley would have an interest in the club because he hasn't been named explicitly in connection with it, as a complete unknown just took an 85% shareholding out of the blue?
Well perhaps Ashley thought, if he got hold of the Stadium complex, he would be the only game in town when it came to making an offer for CCFC. Well he's not the only game in town.

Strangely people were sympathetic to Ashley because they accused SISU of not putting in an early bid because they thought they were the only game in town.

Hypocrisy runs rife

Rusty Trombone

Agenda? I want what’s best for my club. This fake takeover isn’t that
For what it's worth (which is obviously nothing), I agree with the position you're taking on this. My guess is the 'takeover' offer will fall away very quickly, with blame apportionments being discussed for a good while into the future.

Johnnythespider

Does anybody know if any money has changed hands in this sale, also if Ashley has suddenly developed a case of the hee bee gee bees and pulls out it doesn't mean sisu automatically get the stadium.

no_loyalty

The worst case is Ashley pulls out of bid, King (who is an associate of Joy) buys club and stadium, then sells both to Sisu. Council are done over, and we are stuck with Sisu.

GaryJones

Are they? So your happy sisu are playing politics with our club again? Because I’m not. This could backfire big time
Doom - Gloom - more doom & even more gloom!!

Brighton Sky Blue

If he really wanted the stadium and just that, he won't care about this late development. - Then we're in the same situation we were in but with a new owner who is planning on making us debt free and potentially competitive.

If he wanted the club as well, he'll have to decide if he can be bothered carrying on without it. - He either backs out leaving the club a chance to buy it -or- he decides stadium ownership is fine and we're in step 1.

So either way we're owned by a middle man and still not the same entity controlling the stadium.

Sbarcher

Seems CCC are happy for MA to get the stadium but still refuse to be involved with SISU. Easily sorted, SISU transfer to a puppet so all is well.

TomRad85

Even if its SISU biting back at the councils shady dealings, it's still funny. Let's just see how it plays out instead of losing the plot.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread