Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

He will be a part owner WITH Sisu if this deal goes ahead.
That’s not part of sisu
What do we know?
Sisu joy and Martin reeves were never going to work together and this was a detriment to ccfc
A preferred bidder was about and maybe still about to take acl lease on leaving ccfc with a lease and no future
We were all worried we would lose yok and Ohare and Hamer in January for not what they are worth to us, is that now less likely
Even if this is an underhand way of sisu getting a chance of purchasing the long lease then so be it
If it’s more and Mr King can work with Martin Reeves and talk the language of regeneration then there’s a real chance this will benefit ccfc
It’s probably sensible to take the announcement on face value until we know otherwise
And efl approval still coming
Fundamentally as a fan I’m more hopeful that we can keep the squad together and maybe invest a little bit
Great players great manager great momentum
Key thing to get the stadium

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
One thing we need is the same group, be it King, Ashley or SISU owning the club and the ground, all want a return but at least if it’s owned by one group, they should act and can act in the right interests to maximise the returns and invest in those using the stadium.
The worst position has to be one owning the ground and the club being separate and the same shenanigans we had with Wasps where the landlord and tenant don’t always align.

fatso

That’s not part of sisu
What do we know?
Sisu joy and Martin reeves were never going to work together and this was a detriment to ccfc
A preferred bidder was about and maybe still about to take acl lease on leaving ccfc with a lease and no future
We were all worried we would lose yok and Ohare and Hamer in January for not what they are worth to us, is that now less likely
Even if this is an underhand way of sisu getting a chance of purchasing the long lease then so be it
If it’s more and Mr King can work with Martin Reeves and talk the language of regeneration then there’s a real chance this will benefit ccfc
It’s probably sensible to take the announcement on face value until we know otherwise
And efl approval still coming
Fundamentally as a fan I’m more hopeful that we can keep the squad together and maybe invest a little bit
Great players great manager great momentum
Key thing to get the stadium
True, but big business is more interested in the Arena, rather than CCFC. Big business are not CCFC fans, none of the investors putting up the money are CCFC fans. This is purely about the Arena at this moment in time.

Doug King could buy the Arena and then just sell it to Sisu, that may already be agreed between the 2 parties, why else would Sisu retain a 15% holding?

Sisu may not have the funds available at short notice, and may know that the current Arena operators won't deal directly with them, so Doug King becomes a middle man, supplying the funds and a creditable name that the sellers can do business with.

It's very odd that Doug King who has no known involvement or ever supported CCFC should suddenly appear as if by magic waving 25+ million pounds around,
But does mysteriously share an office with Sisu and admits to knowing Dermot Coleman of Sisu.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

Well yeah, obviously you have to close your position to realise the gains - I just think it’s striking that his two periods of success happened to coincide with extremely low oil prices, whereas the year when oil prices hit a modern record saw him be named “the worst hedge fund manager in the world”.

And then you have this price prediction from six months ago, and I have to wonder how our new owner’s portfolio is looking as we head into a global recession:
View attachment 27309
Whut

Yes I’m sure he only makes money when oil prices fall

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

True, but big business is more interested in the Arena, rather than CCFC. Big business are not CCFC fans, none of the investors putting up the money are CCFC fans. This is purely about the Arena at this moment in time.

Doug King could buy the Arena and then just sell it to Sisu, that may already be agreed between the 2 parties, why else would Sisu retain a 15% holding?

Sisu may not have the funds available at short notice, and may know that the current Arena operators won't deal directly with them, so Doug King becomes a middle man, supplying the funds and a creditable name that the sellers can do business with.

Time will tell.
And I don’t see why SISU owning both is a problem?

we want the stadium and club linked. We’re much more likely to attract investment

shepardo01

Surely this is already closed.
Saw hints of a contract with Ashley floating around on twitter last night.
Court hearing just a vehicle to announce no admin as sale already agreed????

Nick

Administrator
Says he is happy to pay to keep ACL ticking over while a deal with him is done.

Pretty clear the timing is to try and get the Ashley deal to collapse.

Also says ccfc were a creditor hence they can go to court today.

torchomatic

after sleeping on it. Even more convinced after hearing Doug this deal is just one last roll of the dice from sisu. No mention of robins or the team in his statement. Just all about the ground. 12 hours before court case starts for it.

the amount of naive and gullible posters on here is scary.

Oh, the irony.

NorthernWisdom

Suddenly after finding £15m of repairs, Doug reduces offer to £10m…cue bondholders meltdown ‘why didn’t you sell to Ashley’ 😊
tbh it's exactly why I wouldn't be 100% confident that Ashley's deal would go through either. Every chance he could get difficult after finding out the true state of affairs, isn't there.

But yeah '£25 mil, look at me with my £25 mil!'

Users who are viewing this thread