Doug King Takeover (7 Viewers)

itsabuzzard

The wonderful symbiotic relationship between journos desperate for content and grifters desperate for attention.
The closest we'll ever get to perpetual motion on this earth.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

wingy

What about the proposed 50/50 deal with the American's to go for the stadium.
Wasn't that during this alleged exclusivity period too?

Terry Gibson's perm

What a board of directors 🙄 what exactly would Mark Hateley bring to the table? If it’s the ex player thing then so was Michael McIndie and nobody would want him even though he was creative with the numbers.

The Philosopher

What a board of directors 🙄 what exactly would Mark Hateley bring to the table? If it’s the ex player thing then so was Michael McIndie and nobody would want him even though he was creative with the numbers.
Coincidentally I’m just listening to a Mark Hateley interview on “Open Goal”.

Don’t know when it’s recorded but he’s wearing a cap indoors so maybe it’s just after he’s been to Turkey to get some stuck in.

I also read Lee Sharpe’s book where he calls Hateley “Topper” - you know the type - if you’ve been to Tenerife then he’s been to Elevenerife, if you’ve got a black cat then his is blacker or if he hasn’t got a cat then his brother did and that was blacker.

Just at the bit on the interview where he is going on about his £1.5m transfer to Milan (thought it was 900k).

Hateley comes across as really knowledgeable and astute to be fair and totally bigs himself up and I can imagine coming across to investors as “The Man”.

But with this Storey fella it could just as well all be BS and he’s never spoken to Hateley just remembers him from his Panini album.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Dave Bennett running hospitality.

Lets Go Drinking GIF

nunchuckas

If I wasn't sceptical about this guy already, then whole Director of Football bollocks would have definitely pushed me over the edge.

Have they ever been anything but a disaster?

Do we really want to change what Robins has going on, or worse, piss him off?

AOM

chiefdave

what does he gain by dragging this through the courts? they can't force a sale to him so what's his best outcome, that he gets a few quid back? not worth the effort is it if he really is loaded.

Legia Sky Blue

This whole business makes little sense to me. Why on earth would SISU have signed an exclusivity deal with him, or anyone else for that matter? If SISU were prepared to sell up surely they could have brokered a better deal by publicly stating the club were for sale and setting up bidders against each other to create a higher price!

shmmeee

This whole business makes little sense to me. Why on earth would SISU have signed an exclusivity deal with him, or anyone else for that matter? If SISU were prepared to sell up surely they could have brokered a better deal by publicly stating the club were for sale and setting up bidders against each other to create a higher price!

Because buyers don’t want a bidding war and you have to spend your time filtering out all the mentals and @duffer

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would we put it past SISU to have engineered this entire scenario?

A 'takeover' and stadium bid from a SISU associate the day before Mike Ashley gets the arena and then engineer a reason for it not to happen.

shmmeee

Would we put it past SISU to have engineered this entire scenario?

A 'takeover' and stadium bid from a SISU associate the day before Mike Ashley gets the arena and then engineer a reason for it not to happen.

Sisu couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery let alone have several million/billionaires and the local media on strings.

AndreasB

Hateley was a Lounge guest of the FPA fairly recently which I thought at the time seemed odd as he hasn’t been around before. Harry Roberts was quite starstruck by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Hateley was a Lounge guest of the FPA fairly recently which I thought at the time seemed odd as he hasn’t been around before. Harry Roberts was quite starstruck by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So was I… think I tried to get him in a drunken headlock at one stage.

Users who are viewing this thread