EFL new TV rights deal (hopefully irrelevant !) (1 Viewer)

Astute

Hopefully it would mean the 100m for getting relegated from the prem over 3 years would be reduced by this much. It would vastly reduce the advantage the relegated sides have by about half.

Grendel

Hopefully it would mean the 100m for getting relegated from the prem over 3 years would be reduced by this much. It would vastly reduce the advantage the relegated sides have by about half.

Christ

Sick Boy

Assume it’ll be the end of ifollow.
Edit: it’s replacing it in the UK but will remain for overseas. 😎

ccfc1234

Reading the Q and A it seems like there will be 5 x 12.30 kick offs each weekend and 7 x 3pm. That is a huge shift to 12.30pm and result in about 40% of our matches kicking off at this time!

Shame they could not spread the times about slightly and have some at 5.30pm and some at 12.30pm.

Astute

That was my Question . Why have you got guilty conscience.Just ignore him most do.
No guilty conscience here.

Every prediction I have made he has gone against. Every prediction has been correct. Yet the idiot continues.

I can't now see the bile he comes out with. Life has got better 🤣🤣🤣

SeaSeeEffCee

Sounds like we're just going to get red buttons games on the weekend as well as mid-week. Will be moved to 12:30 so that Sky can show them with no pundits and one bloke doing the commentary on their own.

Hobo

It reduces your chances of being competitive if you go back up too

Two sides to that coin and the only real winners are teams in the Premier League.

Nuskyblue

Reading the Q and A it seems like there will be 5 x 12.30 kick offs each weekend and 7 x 3pm. That is a huge shift to 12.30pm and result in about 40% of our matches kicking off at this time!

Shame they could not spread the times about slightly and have some at 5.30pm and some at 12.30pm.
What a fuck on. Non 3pm kick offs should genuinely be cheaper, they are a pain in the arse. I'm 3 miles from the CBS, 1230 kick offs are such a rush and just way less enjoyable imo

SBAndy

That’s a problem. Great to get the money but I coach my little brother’s football team on Saturdays. Both were going to get a ST next season (I have one already, he’d be a new ST holder) but we’re often out til 12pm.

Astute

It reduces your chances of being competitive if you go back up too

Two sides to that coin and the only real winners are teams in the Premier League.
It reduces your chances of bouncing straight back up.

Not a bad thing at all.

Sky ruined football with the mega bucks. Time to level the playing surface a bit.

ccfc1234

What a fuck on. Non 3pm kick offs should genuinely be cheaper, they are a pain in the arse. I'm 3 miles from the CBS, 1230 kick offs are such a rush and just way less enjoyable imo
Agree cuts down on pre match drinks, less away fans inclined to travel if it's more than a few hours. I could accept 20% at 12.30 if the other 20% were 5.30 which gives fans lots of time to make a day out of it (if it's an away fixture).

Might make no difference but I have sent a brief email to the EFL CEO Trevor Birch to object and suggest 5 at 1230 is illogical and there should be a 3/2 split with the other games being at 5.30 after the blackout ends. If anyone has 10 mins would not do any harm if he got a few more.

ccfc1234

That’s a problem. Great to get the money but I coach my little brother’s football team on Saturdays. Both were going to get a ST next season (I have one already, he’d be a new ST holder) but we’re often out til 12pm.
I think it comes in season after next.

Hobo

It reduces your chances of bouncing straight back up.

Not a bad thing at all.

Sky ruined football with the mega bucks. Time to level the playing surface a bit.

You are missing the point just looking at it from a top ten Championship club's perspective. The whole system is tierd to protect the top six Premier League clubs. The divide is pushed wider each season. Sky isn't the only guilty partner, it came about by the greed of clubs and the lust for success by fans.

A European Super League is still on the agenda, just remember the clubs that signed up for it in secret.

slowpoke

Kick-off half an hour earlier then.

Astute

You are missing the point just looking at it from a top ten Championship club's perspective. The whole system is tierd to protect the top six Premier League clubs. The divide is pushed wider each season. Sky isn't the only guilty partner, it came about by the greed of clubs and the lust for success by fans.

A European Super League is still on the agenda, just remember the clubs that signed up for it in secret.
It protects all Prem sides. 100m over 3 years if you get relegated isn't for the top 6 sides. It protects the mid table sides that have a bad season.

Without the Sky money things were more even. Ordinary clubs could win Division 1 and the FA Cup. Now it is rare. Same clubs every season. Since Sky player values have gone through the roof. We have gone from seeing player sales that could buy us a team to player sales that could also buy us a stadium as well as a full squad of players. Clubs risk so much in staying up and even just getting there that they risk their futures.

Users who are viewing this thread