Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (7 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Should. But not as certain as a contract renewal. And I don’t think we’ll be signing a like for like Vik replacement.
Contract renewals equally risky as a new signing. Gudjohnsson(so?!?), Hughes, Doyle, Williams being excellent examples.

Pointless having a top earner if your aim is to avoid signing anyone else who earns as much. If £20kpw is what Simms earns and management see him as having £20kpw of impact, then he should get it if Hamer does.

shmmeee

Contract renewals equally risky as a new signing. Gudjohnsson(so?!?), Hughes, Doyle, Williams being excellent examples.

Pointless having a top earner if your aim is to avoid signing anyone else who earns as much. If £20kpw is what Simms earns and management see him as having £20kpw of impact, then he should get it if Hamer does.

I disagree. I think to be top earner you should have to show something beyond the rest of the squad and beyond what a new signing can prove.

I don’t think Simms is worth £20k/wk yet.

Alkhen

Because the Coventry telegraph is garbage
Sarcastic Comedy GIF by Amazon miniTV

They all are. It's all speculation and exaggeration from the same few crumbs of truth. The Portuguese 'sources' have literally just reported what the Cov Telegraph stole off here.

NorthernWisdom

I disagree. I think to be top earner you should have to show something beyond the rest of the squad and beyond what a new signing can prove.

I don’t think Simms is worth £20k/wk yet.
Where's the ambition in limiting yourself to one player at £20kpw? That's a fool's strategy as it suggests you can't afford it and you're one injury away from apocalypse.

Management will have to judge if Simms is worth that, but if they think he is it's true insanity to not offer him it because somebody got there first!

shmmeee

Where's the ambition in limiting yourself to one player at £20kpw? That's a fool's strategy as it suggests you can't afford it and you're one injury away from apocalypse.

Management will have to judge if Simms is worth that, but if they think he is it's true insanity to not offer him it because somebody got there first!

Who said I’m doing that? I’m just saying it should be the preserve of someone who has proven themselves at the club. I think that’s a healthy ethos.

Do we sell Simms before his deal runs out then? Or break it again in 18 months time? You need to have some head room if your aim is to buy young and develop. If Simms is at £20k/wk at his age and experience then he’s probably beyond our reach.

DrPoolittle

20k a week is just over 1 million a year. Add on performance, goals and assist clauses. A 3 contract and a framed picture of Sir Geoffrey Robinson.
All adds up to unaffordable

skyblue025

No were I can see where it says he's on 20k a week. Asked 2 Everton supporting mates and they both think he's on under 5k a week.

Levship20

CCFCSteve

That is absolutely ludicrous for a championship club to pay. Don’t care what season tickets they have sold and the gates they will get week in week out, this is that silly Ashton going barmy again…

Certainly bold ! Would rather us buy 2-3 good up and coming players for that. As we saw last season, one freak injury and you can be fucked

junglej13

I wonder whether we have still been keeping tabs on Luke Plange from Palace. Alan Nixon seems to think we wanted him last year on loan if Gyokeres went. Had a couple of on the face of it uninspiring loan spells. Including not scoring at Lincoln. A lot of good strikers have done the same though over the years when they first go out on loan.

Ccfcisparks

I wonder whether we have still been keeping tabs on Luke Plange from Palace. Alan Nixon seems to think we wanted him last year on loan if Gyokeres went. Had a couple of on the face of it uninspiring loan spells. Including not scoring at Lincoln. A lot of good strikers have done the same though over the years when they first go out on loan.
No thanks

Hincha

Probably a fair-ish fee for a 22 year old English striker who was on to score 15+ goals in this league last year at the rate he was scoring.

Would love to have him but not at that fee as surely too much of a dent in our budget. Most likely to same with Yates.

Going to be really interesting to see the strikers we end up getting.

Otis

Yup, we have to be sensible. Let other clubs go OTT with their purchases and blow their budgets, It may well come back to bite them on the butt somewhere down the line.

djr8369

Yup, we have to be sensible. Let other clubs go OTT with their purchases and blow their budgets, It may well come back to bite them on the butt somewhere down the line.
There will be a lot of players still without a club mate into this window with less money knocking around, I think. I suspect MR might hold off and see what bargains he can get.

Users who are viewing this thread