Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Same strategy as what it’s always been. Looking at players like Twine and McNally in L1, PL2 players with a year or two on their deal, and the odd foreign gamble like Hamer. Supplement with frees from this division.

None of that needs fees much above £2m to get some decent players. Only place I’d spend more would be on Viks replacement and even then only if we can get significantly better for £4/5m

Deity

Probably a fair-ish fee for a 22 year old English striker who was on to score 15+ goals in this league last year at the rate he was scoring.

Would love to have him but not at that fee as surely too much of a dent in our budget. Most likely to same with Yates.

Going to be really interesting to see the strikers we end up getting.
£7m is crazy for Simms at this point in his development.

He has potential but his first touch is poor, he doesn’t have a trick, he is moderately pacey but the bcan finish ….

Everton couldn’t buy a goal last season and Dyche likes a target man but still started Gray ( a winger ) ahead of him.

San Francisco

San Francisco

Christ he’s hardly mediocre for the Championship.

I take it back, you're right. Simms himself isn't mediocre but no way is he close to a £7 million valuation. It's irritating seeing clubs with more money than sense overpay for unproven players which then drops others clubs buying power.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

I take it back, you're right. Simms himself isn't mediocre but no way is he close to a £7 million valuation. It's irritating seeing clubs with more money than sense overpay for unproven players which then drops others clubs buying power.
Isn’t that the way of the world?

Il Pirata

We are talking about Sporting not Real Madrid or Man City. I doubt very much that moving to Sporting is a life long dream for Vik, or comes with a guarantee of winning the big trophies. Vik,and as importantly his agent, will still be very open to other offers I’m sure.
I'm sure he'd much prefer a relegation battle with Everton.

mmttww

I've heard he's incoming.
I trust Robins judgement but not impressed with what I've seen of him.
I can only see that if Vik is going the other way. Ipswich's bid of £4m being rejected was on the BBC site last week so that seems legit. I just can't see us paying more than £2-3m for anyone with the Vik money, or £1-2m otherwise.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I agree on that but there are likely a few clubs interested and they’ve got money behind them so it’ll inflate the price by a few million. I’d be happy if we signed him, personally.

Last edited:

mmttww

Never seen him play, but based on his numbers, I'd be happy with him. Just not for a daft, inflated fee. If he's not in a PL Academy and putting those numbers up in those leagues, he's £1-2m max.

CovLad94

I'd be happy with Simms, hopefully there's some truth to the pub rumour 😄 seeing as Elon Musk has destroyed Twitter ill have to come here more to see what's going on

Greggs

The bullshit Arms!
home video muscles GIF

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be amazed we were spending more than £4m on a replacement, and no way is Simms worth £7m. If it was around £3m with add-ons and a sell-on clause I think it was just about ok. Any more is silly money.

We need a few strikers so the money we have to reinvest needs to be able to bring in at least two replacements of a standard higher than Godden, Walker and Waghorn. Then we could still do with having a few million to bring in 3CB's and a RWB. I don't want us to be relying heavily on loans again, but I can see it being the case by and large.

Shame Undav started getting games at Brighton as I'd have really liked to have got him.

Hincha

He’s hardly proven either. Definite potential but £7m for me is crazy money for essentially a Prem U23

He scored 7 in 17 last year for Sunderland and their fans were saying he was getting better before being recalled by Everton - how is that essentially a Prem U23?

He was on to match Gyok's goalscoring record in his first full season with us and is younger & English. Would anyone have sold Gyok for 7m last summer?

The fee is inflated paper talk anyway (same as Gyok for 25m) - he'll probably go for 5m-6m which isn't that crazy.

It is all irrelevant anyway as we won't be paying it even for half the fee being banded about.

slowpoke

[QUOTE="Sky_Blue_Dreamer, post: 2790579, member: 9907
Shame Undav started getting games at Brighton as I'd have really liked to have got him.
[/QUOTE]
Loan ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

[QUOTE="Sky_Blue_Dreamer, post: 2790579, member: 9907
Loan ?
[/QUOTE]
Doubt it. Seemed to be playing quite regularly (and getting a few goals) in the last few games. Think he'll be a fixture of their squad this year unless they make some incredible signings.

Users who are viewing this thread