Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

A lot of fans think no once should ever be criticised, he’s form was shocking earlier in the season but that wasn’t the most important thing, me his work rate and desire was way below par but he has put a real shift in the last month so long may it continue.
He’s shit is not criticism
He’s lazy is not criticism
He’s a waste of money is not criticism

Evo1883

His work rate was never an issue.

Well it's arguably about how he's been asked to play and trained to play has changed how we perceived his workrate , earlier on this season it felt like he was trying to play a role similar to what he played at Sunderland where he was a box striker ( saw some stats that suggested he was coming much deeper at coventry to retrieve the ball ) now he's being moulded into the player Robins wants him to be he looks like he's working much harder .. for me with Simms it's a recent thing where I've noticed him being a better player , at Leeds we saw flashes

Looked a very good forward at wolves

His early season form was dissapointing , but maybe some of us (including me ) didn't give the lad enough time to adapt

Houdi

To be fair both Simms and Hadji had poor starts to their career here. Simms recent transformation especially has been nothing short of sensational. He has gone from a player with seemingly, bad control, poor body language, missing gilt edged chances, being knocked off the ball easily, in and out of the team, to a player who now looks like a genuine superstar.
Pace, power great movement aggression, taking players on, and of course we all now realize, he is basically a shy individual not prone to outward emotions. His performance on Saturday against a Premiership side, for someone still young was a joy to behold. Both players now look absolute bargains, and possibly our best 2 signings.,

hamertime

He’s shit is not criticism
He’s lazy is not criticism
He’s a waste of money is not criticism
You can criticise, it doesn’t lead to
Jail. Fans pay their wages and if they don’t thing they are trying hard enough it is allowed. Just as when they do well they get the plaudits.

SKYBLUES90

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise.

I’ve been very critical of him on here and to others. I jumped on him after the miss at Wolves and thought he we go again but the way he recovered from that and go on to win us the game shouldn’t be overlooked.

There’s still some work to go, his first touch has to improve but if him and Haji can get a partnership together I feel they could be a force together.

Watching the unseen clips you can see he’s still very raw and young, but I noticed Haji as the elder seems to have taken him under his wing. Hopefully this will bring the best out of him.

No more judgement from me.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I’ve been very critical of him on here and to others. I jumped on him after the miss at Wolves and thought he we go again but the way he recovered from that and go on to win us the game shouldn’t be overlooked.

There’s still some work to go, his first touch has to improve but if him and Haji can get a partnership together I feel they could be a force together.

Watching the unseen clips you can see he’s still very raw and young, but I noticed Haji as the elder seems to have taken him under his wing. Hopefully this will bring the best out of him.

I think over the last few games there’s definitely been a partnership blossoming - Haji crosses for Simms, Simms returns the favour, they look like they understand each other’s movement and where they want the ball playing, and more importantly are actually playing it there and creating chances and goals

hamertime

pussy

Chris1987

I think over the last few games there’s definitely been a partnership blossoming - Haji crosses for Simms, Simms returns the favour, they look like they understand each other’s movement and where they want the ball playing, and more importantly are actually playing it there and creating chances and goals
They are very complimentary in what they bring and are improving at quite a rate. Positional they now seem to be anticipating each others runs on a more regular basis. They were a proper handful on Saturday and we are starting to see this happen on a more regular basis. Can't see many defences looking forward to playing against Saka Simms Haji & EMC as an attacking force next season. Very exciting times ahead.

hamertime

You've got the footballing intelligence of a gnat. I'm almost convinced your account is a satirical impression of a football going gammon
I bet i'm a lot more intelligent than you, sitting in your box room all day reading books doesn't make you intelligent.

When he first came he didn't try hard enough or produce anything, so he got fairly criticised. I stand by everything i said about him.

skybluecam

Grammer is for book worms, i didnt pass once gcse either but i bet im still more intelligent than you. Get out your box room and see a bit of daylight.
Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

Alkhen

I bet i'm a lot more intelligent than you, sitting in your box room all day reading books doesn't make you intelligent.

When he first came he didn't try hard enough or produce anything, so he got fairly criticised. I stand by everything i said about him.
Nah you just came across bitter. Relentlessly critical.

Fucking loving how thick people like you have been made to look

Want It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Evo1883

So basically since February he's been fantastic , and the player we all want to see ..lots of us have given him pelters and probably gave up on him too soon , there's no doubt now that ellis simms is coventrys main man now

20 league goals next season maybe ?

shmmeee

They've definitely changed his game though , he was a pretty static box type forward when he first came

If Robins sees something in you and you listen he’ll turn you into a much better player. But with that comes the confidence to try some of the stuff he did today and chase causes he might not have and it’s a huge difference all round. He didn’t look strong when he first came, now he’s a beast.

Evo1883

If Robins sees something in you and you listen he’ll turn you into a much better player. But with that comes the confidence to try some of the stuff he did today and chase causes he might not have and it’s a huge difference all round. He didn’t look strong when he first came, now he’s a beast.
Feel like I should be giving viveash more credit here

Users who are viewing this thread