England cricket (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

about to go out of the world cup after 2 games, as south africa look to be heading towards 250+
in line with the football and rugby teams at recent world cups

Otis

Still think it will go tits up. Think we will keep losing wickets and after these two we start getting into the tail end a bit.

Otis

Still think it will go tits up. Think we will keep losing wickets and after these two we start getting into the tail end a bit.
Obviously I meant tits up in a good way!!!

After all, I like my tits up!

Gazolba

We won by 2 wickets even though we lost 8 wickets and SA only lost 4. Tell me that makes sense.
Actually we won by 2 balls.

Gazolba

Credit where credit is due, that was a superb batting performance. Well done England

Not so superb though to lose 2 wickets in the final over.

Gazolba

We got 26 extras to their 4.
I'm not exactly sure what an 'extra' is but it sure made a huge difference.
Without those 'extras', SA would have won handily.

Otis

Those 26 extras were down to poor play by South Africa though, so it's their own fault.

CCFC88

about to go out of the world cup after 2 games, as south africa look to be heading towards 250+
in line with the football and rugby teams at recent world cups

Never judge a wicket until both teams have played on it, especially in t20. 180-190 was expected to be par score against the Windies however that was at least 20-30 short. I think we would have beaten the Windies if we had batted 2nd.

Onwards and upwards, Sri Lanka look beatable so we should get through from here!

Otis

What is it with England?

They get the second highest run chase in 20/20 history to beat South Africa and our tails are up and now today .....

They are 58/6 against Afghanistan.

Words fail me.

skybluesam66

What is it with England?

They get the second highest run chase in 20/20 history to beat South Africa and our tails are up and now today .....

They are 58/6 against Afghanistan.

Words fail me.

And they cant even watch it in Afghanistan due to the Teleban

CCFC88

Should have fielded, its very hard to know what a good score in this tournament, I would have put the Afghans in.

Otis

I know this is not England, but did anyone just catch the India v Bangladesh 20/20 match?

Unbelievable!

Bangladesh needed just 2 runs off 3 balls. All they needed to do was just get bat on ball and run 2 singles.

1st ball of the 3, the batsman goes for glory and holes out, caught in the deep trying to go for a glorious 6. OUT

2 needed from 2

2nd ball of the 3, a juicy full toss. Instead of playing the ball on the ground for an easy 2, again the batsman goes for glory, aiming for a 6 and holes out, caught in the deep. OUT

2 needed from 1.

Ball bowled quite wide, batsman missed, tries to run, stumped by Dhoni. OUT

India win by 1 run.

Astonishing.

Last edited:

CCFC88

154 to get ourselves into the final! Against any other bowling line up you'd have to fancy us but rate our chances at about 50/50 the way NZ have performed.

I think we'll do it though!

Otis

154 to get ourselves into the final! Against any other bowling line up you'd have to fancy us but rate our chances at about 50/50 the way NZ have performed.

I think we'll do it though!
Yep. Me too.

We only need just over 7 and a half an over.

Don't need to go all hammer and tongs over it, just pace themselves. Take the ones and twos and punish the bad balls.

We have the firepower to do it.

lifeskyblue

Excellent from England to peg them back. Given themselves areal chance to get to final. Build momentum ...no need to risk early wickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread