England squad (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Interesting and a pity that Ben White has basically said he isn’t interested in being picked for the foreseeable. Maybe he has no appetite for getting between the Southgate/Maguire love affair

SBAndy

This is why we wont win the Euros btw

Everyones getting hard over our midfield and attacking options, and understandably so.

But that defence and goalkeeper choice is laughable. The likes of Germany, France, Spain shit all over our defensive third

Think it’s a legacy of the ‘England DNA’ push about 10 years ago where it was more important that players were technically gifted above all else. Not suggesting it’s bad that we are, just lack the defensive attributes like positional discipline.

Saddlebrains

Think it’s a legacy of the ‘England DNA’ push about 10 years ago where it was more important that players were technically gifted above all else. Not suggesting it’s bad that we are, just lack the defensive attributes like positional discipline.

Agree

Ccfcisparks

Germanys really? With Kimmich in midfield Rudiger is their only quality defender.

spain? They started a defence of

unai simon
Carvajal Le Normand Martinez and Gaya

neither are better than ours

Brighton Sky Blue

Think people forget what a dire state the Germany team is in at the moment. That said, Musiala is an incredible player.

SBT

Interesting and a pity that Ben White has basically said he isn’t interested in being picked for the foreseeable. Maybe he has no appetite for getting between the Southgate/Maguire love affair
Hard to see how Southgate recovers from losing his fifth most talented right back.

SeaSeeEffCee

I don’t think there is anything more boring than the discussions about England squad selections. Grown men crying over who the 4th choice centre back and 3rd choice centre mid every single time.

CJ_covblaze

James Ward-Prowse, and he's also one of the best set piece takers in the Prem

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
My West Ham mate said he’s been one of their worst players this season and most of his free kicks have ended up in the upper tier. From what I’ve seen of him I’d tend to agree.

CJ_covblaze

Think people forget what a dire state the Germany team is in at the moment. That said, Musiala is an incredible player.
We missed out on him but I’m struggling to work out who he’d play instead of. Watched their game in Vienna in November. Austria ripped them apart and 2-0 flattered Germany. As a side note Austria are grouped with France, Holland and probably Poland. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them in the top two of that group.

Ccfcisparks

My West Ham mate said he’s been one of their worst players this season and most of his free kicks have ended up in the upper tier. From what I’ve seen of him I’d tend to agree.
I would suggest your west ham supporting mate doesn’t watch many games. He has 12 assists

ccfctommy

This is why we wont win the Euros btw

Everyones getting hard over our midfield and attacking options, and understandably so.

But that defence and goalkeeper choice is laughable. The likes of Germany, France, Spain shit all over our defensive third
Goalkeeper choice?

Brighton Sky Blue

We missed out on him but I’m struggling to work out who he’d play instead of. Watched their game in Vienna in November. Austria ripped them apart and 2-0 flattered Germany. As a side note Austria are grouped with France, Holland and probably Poland. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them in the top two of that group.
Well yeah we have an abundance of quality in that part of the pitch, but still probably Germany’s best player anyway. The team’s been in decline pretty much right after 2014

Tommo1993

Few people on here absolutely love him and I’ve never understood why.

Frostie

I would suggest your west ham supporting mate doesn’t watch many games. He has 12 assists
7 in the PL & only 1 this year.
He started well at West Ham but has tailed off massively. They've moved him to the 10 & even coming in off the left at times & he's made very little impact. Moyes hooked him at half-time in their last game.

Few people on here absolutely love him and I’ve never understood why.
He is a wonderful set piece taker but his all around game is miles off England standard.

Tommo1993

7 in the PL & only 1 this year.
He started well at West Ham but has tailed off massively. They've moved him to the 10 & even coming in off the left at times & he's made very little impact. Moyes hooked him at half-time in their last game.

He is a wonderful set piece taker but his all around game is miles off England standard.

Said pretty much exactly that and got laughed off. I think I said he’s not PL quality, because I genuinely think he isn’t.

CJ_covblaze

He hasn’t missed a home or away game for years. In the past I’ve wanted him in the squad. More recently there are better/more suitable players out there.

PVA

Henderson is pretty shit these days and I’d really rather he wasn’t there, but given the injuries at the moment I can see why he is and would expect him to be in the final squad. Not necessarily as first choice though, depends on injuries at the time.

But I’d rather have TAA, Gallagher or Jones ahead of him.

Won’t be long before Wharton and Mainoo are involved too.

rob9872

My England squad and starting 11:

Pickford
Johnstone
Trafford

Walker
Trent
Stones
Dunk
Tomori
Konsa
Doughty
Gomez

Rice
Barkley
Bellingham
Gallagher

Bowen
Maddison
Foden
Palmer
Grealish

Watkins
Solanke
Kane

Pickford

Walker Stones Dunk Gomez

Bellingham Rice Maddison

Foden Kane Grealish
Saka?

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

He has to be in there in competitive games. One of a fair few certain starters for me. He's that important on the right that even Foden (who is brilliant) needs to be on the opposite side he plays on normally to get in the team.

hamertime

We wont win the euros because southgate is the manager. We will look great against the smaller teams and as soon as we face a perceived strong side he will bottle it and go all defensive and we will be out.

The bloke is a looser, the talent he has at his disposal and never goes for it against anyone decent. He lacks guts. If you swap him and mancini around in the final we win it.

Ccfcisparks

We wont win the euros because southgate is the manager. We will look great against the smaller teams and as soon as we face a perceived strong side he will bottle it and go all defensive and we will be out.

The bloke is a looser, the talent he has at his disposal and never goes for it against anyone decent. He lacks guts. If you swap him and mancini around in the final we win it.
Any suspicion this is Boosh has been dashed now.

Users who are viewing this thread