England under 17s (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueZack

on the BBC red button against Brazil in World Cup semi final from 12 20.

Otis

Brazil equalised, but England just bagged a second goal to now lead 2-1.

Rhian Brewster of Liverpool with both goals. Top scorer now for the whole tournament.

SkyBlueZack

He looks good, just a shame most are at top clubs and won't see first team football for a while, if ever at their current clubs.

Otis

Yep. England now seem to be doing well at a younger level, but with the top clubs spending top dollar for foreign imports you have to wonder when these kids will get a chance to break through.

SkyBlueZack

The other problem is with the PL being so pressured, how would it affect the youngsters? Some might thrive, some wouldn't. I think we are light years behind other countries such as Germany and Spain in the all round approach they have to coaching and mentoring.

Otis

The other problem is with the PL being so pressured, how would it affect the youngsters? Some might thrive, some wouldn't. I think we are light years behind other countries such as Germany and Spain in the all round approach they have to coaching and mentoring.
Yet the kids appear to be at a comparable level. Surely that pinpoints where the problem lies.

ovduk78

It was. England have been very impressive. Foden of Man City looking especially good.
Hopefully the full England team should be watching to see how a team can be comfortable in possession and some of the decision making has been very good for those still learning. Brazil haven't been too shoddy either, it's been a very good game

ovduk78

McCeachran was outstanding too, not only did he protect the back 4 he always seemed to pick a good pass

Gazolba

Just watched Spain vs Mali SF. Mali were robbed when a long shot hit the bar and bounced down clearly over the line - but not given.
Suspect Spain would have won anyway.
Missed the England SF, but it's on later tonight, so I'll watch it then.
Should be a cracking Final.

ovduk78

I'll be watching it as it's live on BBC, should take my mind off what's happening at Luton. Really looking forward to watching England again, hopefully with a positive result at the end

Otis

Bloody hell! Already looking like a we woz robbed game.
Clear offside for the goal and then a clear sending off offence not spotted by the ref.

lifeskyblue

Not offside Otis...our 18 playing him on at moment previous player touched it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Yes he moved out after ball touched. As for sending off...not sure what officials were watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

All England teams have this very annoying habit of throwing away great opportunities and shooting when they should pass. Sessegnon did just that. Right back trying to hammer it in with his left foot when there were better options ahead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread