England v Sweden Matchday thread (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0.jpg

If England win against Sweden in Kiev it'll be the first time they've ever beaten the team in a competitive game.

Hodgson is ready to take a gamble by bringing back Andy Carroll to play up front with Danny Welbeck.

Captain Steven Gerrard is feeling confident, saying,
With all respect to Sweden, who are a good, strong team, they're not France so we can be more bold and ambitious and get at them."

"If we perform to the same level we're confident of victory.

England v Sweden facts

• No country has ever stayed unbeaten in eight games against England.
  • Four of the last six meetings have ended level, including each of the last three competitive games.
  • Sweden have lost their last three Euro matches - their worst run of defeats in tournament history.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored in each of Sweden's last four matches.
  • England have failed to score more than once in their last seven matches at major tournaments - since a 2-2 World Cup draw with Sweden in 2006 when Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard both scored.
  • England made the lowest percentage of passes (51%) in the opposition half of any team in the first round of group games.

My Predictions

Score prediction 2-0 (Young, Welback)

Hart
Johnson Terry Lescott Cole
A.Chamberlin Gerrard Parker Young
Welbeck A.Carrol

Any match day comments/predictions please post here

Last edited:

wingy

Not expecting much in the way of scintilating ,fast expansive footall ,most likely a dull sterile affair.Don't think Carrol will shine he just has'nt convinced me since he's left newcastle let alone on a world stage,forgive my negative stand it's just my nature,obviously i hope to be proved wrong.:pointlaugh:

classicfooty

i hate swedes my mum used to cover it with gravy and make me think it was mashed potato then after one big bite id feel the need to throw up

Tad

If we defend well and take the chances we get, I can see just pinching it. The amount of Liverpool players Hodgson has picked is starting to make sense. If we don't win it, we definatley have the skill to pinch the cup. :D

Last edited:

Otis

Think it may well be a draw unfortunately.

England never do things the easy way.

Marty

Anybody else noticed since Roy's been given the job every player sings the national anthem now? It's about time a bit of pride & passion was put back into the shirts.

Marty

Carrol looks very eager, he needs to settle down a bit.

Tad

It's getting a bit heated now. Hodgson must be furious with them. Nothing he could do, they've all just switched off again.

Marty

Brilllant, 2 players i think are utter shite have both scored :eek::)

Tad

Bloody 'ell! Where did that come from? Well done Theo!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Breathes a sigh of relief, don't cock it up now England.

Amazing finish by Welbeck, still not sure if he meant it though

Tad

C'mon lads. Keep it together.

Tad

Another cracking save from the swedish keeper.

Walcott has made such a difference though. Where has he been all season?

Marty

I'd leave Walcott on the bench against Ukraine. He was brilliant though.

Users who are viewing this thread