England WC 2022 (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Been challenged by a friend of mine who is gay that I shouldn’t be watching the finals because Qatar leaders think he is not right in the head and our foreign Secretary thinks gay fans should not say they are gay when travelling.

Im not too interested in the games at the moment but I’d not really thought I’d be letting him down by watching
Various England players have spoken out against it, especially Kane. Fair play to them. Personally, I think the tournament is a disgrace.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Apparently they've built 7 new stadiums for this, in a country with a population about the size of the west midlands. They'll probably never use them again after this and will have pumped out more co2 in their construction than is imaginable . It's a disgrace.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apparently they've built 7 new stadiums for this, in a country with a population about the size of the west midlands. They'll probably never use them again after this and will have pumped out more co2 in their construction than is imaginable . It's a disgrace.
I'm pretty sure the stadiums will be demolished after the tournament. Which would be a disgrace anyway given the materials and energy put into them but considering the conditions the workers who were made to build them suffered and those that died, it's a monumental insult.

Philosorapter

Proud they are celebrating Mia with one of their stadiums.

Hertsccfc

And is it 560 deaths among the almost slave labour used to build the stadiums.

PVA

Maguire playing is ridiculous but we all knew it was going to happen.

Foden very unlucky not to be playing and we all know Maddison should play on form alone, but was unlikely to get chucked straight in. Love to see him get some minutes off the bench today

Hertsccfc

Maguire playing is ridiculous but we all knew it was going to happen.

Foden very unlucky not to be playing and we all know Maddison should play on form alone, but was unlikely to get chucked straight in. Love to see him get some minutes off the bench today
Maddison isn't fit enough to play

Alkhen

Promising start that. 6 goals from open play, not relying solely on Kane scoring.

Bellingham is so good. Has a bit of everything. Will be a superstar.

No idea about the defence yet. I'll give the benefit of doubt that Maguire lost his man for the goal because he was dazed.

Seems like they pick and choose the VAR penalty calls. If ours wasn't then their wasn't.

Iran looked awful. How are they 20th in the FIFA rankings?

Mucca Mad Boys

Promising start that. 6 goals from open play, not relying solely on Kane scoring.

Bellingham is so good. Has a bit of everything. Will be a superstar.

No idea about the defence yet. I'll give the benefit of doubt that Maguire lost his man for the goal because he was dazed.

Seems like they pick and choose the VAR penalty calls. If ours wasn't then their wasn't.

Iran looked awful. How are they 20th in the FIFA rankings?

There’s been a lot of upheaval in the Iran camp - sacked their manager 3 months ago and the political situation has divided the players apparently. Definitely an unsettled camp and a 6-2 loss will not help morale.

Personally, I think Iran will probably advance from out Group presuming their GD doesn’t hinder them.

England aside, our Group is very competitive and think any of Iran, Wales and USA could give the Netherlands a tough game (presuming we both top our respective groups).

Mucca Mad Boys

How’s Maguire in the team?

He performs well for England mostly, has tournament experience that our alternative just do not have and finally, as we saw yesterday, is a weapon from set-pieces.

I like White, Gomez and Tomori, but they’re not better than Maguire when he’s on form.

Users who are viewing this thread