ENJOY (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Their goal should have stood. Their number 16 should have gone. Right result. They got stuffed.

CCFCSteve

Fonte was offside when the original ball came back in. God knows what the rules are these days but fact is he was offside

Grendel

Fonte was offside when the original ball came back in. God knows what the rules are these days but fact is he was offside

Well no the rules are he was onside

chiefdave

FA said:
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by: interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or.
You could argue that as he was in a position to receive the ball he was interfering with play and when he did receive the ball he became active so the offside position from the initial ball gets called.

Astute

Their player that was in an offside position partially blocked the view of the linesman. The player deemed to be offside had his body much further ahead of his feet. A fraction of a second after the ball was played he was well ahead of our player.

It was a very tight call. We have the advantage of watching replays. And when the first ball came in both of their players were in an offside position.

We have had much worse decisions against us all season.

And I didn't notice how many times their player put his head into McNulty. If it was our player they would be straight onto the FL to get him banned for 3 games.

Terry_dactyl

4 outstanding goals.
You could argue that Bayliss’ took a crucial deflection but it may have gone in anyway.
I’m not sure Mcnulty’s goal isn’t pick of the bunch. A great team effort, we made it look easy.
Notts County can feel aggrevied - I’m sure we would - but on the balance of play over the two games we were much the better team.
It would’ve have been a travesty had we not won. Well done lads. On to Wembley!

stevefloyd

The records state it was onside the record also states we scored 4 to their 1 ...lets enjoy our great win... and just for the record I have to go to work today supporting a bad head and a sore throat BUT I am loving it

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just watched it back again.

That first 25 minutes was how we started last week and if it hadn’t been for the weather we’d have cut through cleaner and more often last week!

Everything aligned last night for us but my goodness some of the football was worthy of levels higher, I had 4/5 non city fans and non regular city fans messaging to say how good we looked etc

Mucca Mad Boys

Been watching chunks of the game over and over again. Recorded it last night and keep playing it back.

We were scintillating.

We were, and I'll leave a quote from Nolan post-game for everyone to marvel in:

“To go out like we have over the two legs is really disappointing because it has not been of our own doing.

“We had them right on the ropes and I feel aggrieved because three massive decisions over the last two games have cost us.”

'Not been of our own doing?' You were thoroughly outplayed...

Gibbo

Isn't this how we played during Robbins first brief stint, we were knocking teams over - 5 at Hartlepool I away remember, even Adam Barton scored. It always puzzled me at the start of the season that we were so defensively minded.. It wasn't until the very end that the team` properly loosened up. Having Bayliss and an inform Biamou helped, but I suspect it was getting Kelly to play more forward may have been the key tactical change

Otis

If anyone is interested, there is a 30 min highlights programme on Sky Football on Friday at 20.30. 2nd leg.

ccfcway

Isn't this how we played during Robbins first brief stint, we were knocking teams over - 5 at Hartlepool I away remember, even Adam Barton scored. It always puzzled me at the start of the season that we were so defensively minded.. It wasn't until the very end that the team` properly loosened up. Having Bayliss and an inform Biamou helped, but I suspect it was getting Kelly to play more forward may have been the key tactical change

MR is one win away from doing over and above what his budget expected of him this season.

Whatever happens, its been a successful season and one to build on.

Grendel

MR is one win away from doing over and above what his budget expected of him this season.

Whatever happens, its been a successful season and one to build on.

I think his “budget” and league position are at the worst level

Users who are viewing this thread