Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (3 Viewers)

rob9872

People on here moaning that a player we weren’t even expecting to sign is being loaned back 🙄
Peterborough are well in the mix for promotion and the lad is probably loving it there and wants to finish the season there & I’m sure they’d be against letting him go now.
We’ve secured a good player who will hit the ground running ‘with us’ next season.

Echoes of when we sold Maddison to Norwich on deadline day in 2016 with a loan back for the rest of the season, didn’t work out so bad for them in the end did it.

wasn’t expecting anyone incoming today, so why be pissed off about this 🤔 I don’t get it.
It's what they do, negativity seems to be the way after either a new signing or 5 mins after their debut. I guess I'm more surprised that their moaning surprises you :)

shmmeee

So assuming we don’t go up and replace Cal, what’s our first choice front line next season?

SkyBlueMatt

Excited about this. If he carries on his form and if Peterborough get promoted, this will be excellent value.

I'm looking forward to hearing him talk. He's worked his way up the leagues which shows he has drive. Trying to be better than thinking he's better, maybe a bit of a chip on his shoulder (which is no bad thing).

Without the loan, I would be absolutely over the moon with this signing.

I hope he doesn't party too hard when he gets promoted with Peterborough. He needs to be ready for the Premier League

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

So assuming we don’t go up and replace Cal, what’s our first choice front line next season?
He's not a CAM (only based on a write up) so it's irrelevant.

Wright Simms Saka is our front 3 until EMC forces his way in.

wingy

Might just light Simms blue paper?
Yeah I did negative about the new one but no not in a serious way.

Astute

People on here moaning that a player we weren’t even expecting to sign is being loaned back 🙄
Peterborough are well in the mix for promotion and the lad is probably loving it there and wants to finish the season there & I’m sure they’d be against letting him go now.
We’ve secured a good player who will hit the ground running ‘with us’ next season.

Echoes of when we sold Maddison to Norwich on deadline day in 2016 with a loan back for the rest of the season, didn’t work out so bad for them in the end did it.

wasn’t expecting anyone incoming today, so why be pissed off about this 🤔 I don’t get it.
I find it hard to believe that some think they know better than Robins who has taken us on a journey from flirting with relegation from the football league to being just a penalty shootout from the Prem in 7 years whilst having more shite thrown at him that would be deemed acceptable in a fiction novel.

Astute

He's not a CAM (only based on a write up) so it's irrelevant.

Wright Simms Saka is our front 3 until EMC forces his way in.

We can only guess what Robins has planned for him. He looks to be very quick. To me another quick attacking midfielder.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Yes, read the U/21 age rule re foreign players, but dont bore me with an answer it’s over & done now move on.

OK, but just to clear up what might be a bit of a misunderstanding, there is no limit to the amount of under 21 players (of which Udogie is one and is registered as one in Tottenham’s squad) registered in any premier league squad, so in other words they don’t count towards either the foreign player / homegrown numbers or the overall 25 man squad in the premier league

not that that was the reason this would or wouldn’t have happened in any event 😂

Yank

Obviously would love to have him now, but seems like a very good player, did a good deal for him, and he will only get better playing there and progressing. And I think somewhat of a replacement for O'Hare, regardless if plays more on the wing. He is our player now so will somewhat pay attention to Posh results just to see how he does.

shmmeee

So next season we’re looking at:

Collins/Wilson
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/Latibeaudiere
Kitching/??
Bidwell/Dasilva
Torp/Howley
Sheaf/Eccles
Palmer/Allen
Saka/Tavares
Simms/Godden
Wright/Mason-Clark

Obviously needs a first team AM, backup CB, maybe another RW, CM and ST.

Chris1987

I think it’s all pretty shit to be honest, we’ve signed a league one striker who cant play until next season. We have money in the bank and are sitting in the play offs been getting record crowds everyone is on a high. Don’t think it’s good enough.
Yeah let's spend it all and see where that gets us

Houdi

As with the Gyokeres deal, the old adage of possession being 9/10th of the law, seems to be the case in this deal. When Lisbon wanted Gyokeres they had to agree to our terms or there would be no deal. The P'boro chairmen seemingly made a loan deal back to them a condition for the deal to go through. Ultimately, we clearly thought it was better to get the deal done rather than risk losing out in the summer. On balance I think we made the right call, and have probably spent more than most of the Championship clubs in this window.

Astute

Yup. Has to be.

As long as everyone can remember the lyrics, it should work.

Please no.

Spent nearly 3 weeks at my eldest lads house before I left the UK for France so I could spend time with 2 of my grandkids. Their childminder was ill so was perfect....until my little granddaughter started with Baby Shark.

It's so annoying. The problem was even when going to bed it just kept going on in my head time and time again. Took ages to forget it. Now I'm suffering flashbacks. Cheers lads 🙄

Deity

Am I right in thinking that one of our scouting team worked at Barnet for a while ? Was it whilst EMC was there ??

edgy

Assuming Saddle to be correct we must have been trying for a while to get them to drop the loan back.

Get the feeling it was the other way around. Deal agreed early yesterday (or before), EMC was at Ryton early doors hence the photos and Robins not being at training, but then DMac moved the goal posts. We were stuck with either losing out on him or agreeing the loan back.

stupot07

Seems like a great signing but a shame we can't have him until the summer.

I am slightly disappointed though, only 1 signing, and we are slightly light in the wing department. An injury to Sakamoto and we're buggered, and no real competition for him or Wright. So we're left with square pegs in round holes if they get injured.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

HJones23

Really exciting signing, however this doesn’t solve our immediate problem. It was obvious to everyone in November when we changed formations the squad was desperately lacking depth on the flanks, so to end the window with no reinforcements until the summer is a concern as we are relying on 3 players to cover 2 positions and we can already see signs of fatigue with a busy month ahead

Brighton Sky Blue

Get the feeling it was the other way around. Deal agreed early yesterday (or before), EMC was at Ryton early doors hence the photos and Robins not being at training, but then DMac moved the goal posts. We were stuck with either losing out on him or agreeing the loan back.
Seems more in common with the pursuit of Kitching and the selling club driving a hard deal until the end.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Looking at some of these free agents there’s a couple I’d be tempted by, Im obviously not saying sign all of them at all just a couple I like the look of.
Josef Martinez
Helder Costa
Tarique Fosu
Peter Etebo
Ovie Ejaria
Lucas Joao

Users who are viewing this thread