Euro Hooligans (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I see Northern Ireland had trouble as ŵell

chiefdave

Who in their right mind would go to Russia in 2018?
This isn't the first time they've caused trouble either. Is their suspended points deduction still in place?

You would think there would have to be serious talks around it not being in Russia. You got the violence we've seen, the actions of the sports minister and the racism and homophobia issues in Russia.

Would like to think we'd see countries boycotting but there's about as much chance of that happening of there is FIFA having the balls to take it off them.

Nick

Administrator
This isn't the first time they've caused trouble either. Is their suspended points deduction still in place?

You would think there would have to be serious talks around it not being in Russia. You got the violence we've seen, the actions of the sports minister and the racism and homophobia issues in Russia.

Would like to think we'd see countries boycotting but there's about as much chance of that happening of there is FIFA having the balls to take it off them.
Not to mention doping...

tisza

what like the mass boycott of the recent Winter Olympics? Too much self-interest & money involved.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think they all need a jolly good spank on the bottom!

Gazolba

Wherever English supporters go there is trouble. But they are always blameless.

Macca

Wherever English supporters go there is trouble. But they are always blameless.
Nonsense.
More often or not they are blamed with good reason. In fact if anything they are blamed for more than they are responsible for. The media are a joke. I ve seen a bunch of blokes in russian tops goading police described as English, and my favourite, "english thugs battle Russians" which consists of a middle age bloke being punched and kicked by half a dozen young Russians

Otis

1. The Russians and Marseille Ultras were animals. Russians were stabbing and hitting innocents sat down eating pizzas. Marseille Ultras were at some points 5-10 on 1.
2. The English that reacted had to. They had no choice. If they hadn't I and many others may not be here to tell you what happened.
3. PSG, Tolouse and Nice ultras were there to fight the locals. They were protecting the English.
4. The police were a disgrace and lost control of their City. Tear gassing innocent local kids and elderly, innocent England player's wives and innocent England fans who were chanting with innocent Russians. Meanwhile a few yards away the guilty Russians were attacking those mentioned in point 2 and England fans were doing the police's job by ensuring the local kids in the vicinity were ok and safe.
5. The paramedics were very low in numbers. There were just two in the Port Area that I could see and took some time to help. Both were having a chat whilst English guys were lying there in pools of blood yards away and myself and other English fans were administering first aid and making sure others were ok. We pointed to one bloke that was out cold with a huge gash in his head. They asked us to bring him to them. Eventually they came over to help.
6. The Russians should be stripped of hosting both the 2018 World Cup and 2020 Euros. Wasn't even a fair vote in the first place. Everyone seems to bang on about Qatar but Russia hosting these tournaments is a much bigger problem.
7. UEFA should share the blame in this. They were warned that Russia v England in Marseille was a bad idea and they ignored expert opinion. Why could they not see it was going to be a problem?
8. The timing of the tear gas being sprayed and the co-ordinated Russian attacks was very suspicious.
Stay safe, CJ.

Have seen your flag hanging in a Wallace Road window, if that is indeed you. CCFC flag with CJ one the 4 names emblazoned upon it.

LastGarrison

CJ - You don't drink and you follow Cov and England??? You're a Saint man!! Fair play though, good interview.

The French police don't seem to have a clue and are just reactive as opposed to preventative. Ridiculous!!

eastwoodsdustman

If I was in the FA I'd be inclined to just bring them all home and leave the other countries to it. Always thought we get the shitty end of the stick on all fronts and have done for 30 years. They always seem to hammer English teams both domestic and international at the first opportunity.

CJ_covblaze

CJ - You don't drink and you follow Cov and England??? You're a Saint man!! Fair play though, good interview.

The French police don't seem to have a clue and are just reactive as opposed to preventative. Ridiculous!!

Allergic to alcohol strangely. Just think of the dross I have to watch sober.

Marty

Polish and Northern Irish attacked by locals, and Polish attacked by Russians.

If rumours are to be believed, then the bigger Polish 'firms' are uniting and about 5000 are heading to France. Things could get very nasty.

France are going to win this tournament by default as every one is going to end up getting disqualified.

theferret

If things do get worse at what point does the whole thing can cancelled?

The worry has to be Lille. You're going to have loads of English, Welsh and Russian fans in the same town given that Lens is too small to accommodate all those travelling and that England fans were told to stay in Lille.

Easy to criticise British police sometimes - but they do know how to police football. The Russian gangs are hardly difficult to pick out - they wear a uniform ffs. Round them up and bus them all the way back to Siberia.

W

westcountry_skyblue

French minister saying all fans that caused trouble inside or on the streets will be punished,What about their own fans that attacked the English in Marseille,Pot and kettle !!!

Users who are viewing this thread