European championships 2020 thread (15 Viewers)

COV

Nobody signs up to this forum, makes 1.5k posts in 1.5 months, if they weren’t a previous well known poster

Well if it’s really important to you then you can say I’m whoever you want me to be.

Evo1883

Disagree with you there, first half an hour their defence was very rattled and backing off all the time.

I feel we had a better squad, but even if we didn’t it does not explain why we just stopped playing.

It's done now anyway .

Can't roll it back now hope for better next year.

Southgates last shot ? I think so

CJ_covblaze

CJ, I didn’t know how to mention you without a quote tweet but why did you put yourself forward for SkySports news today to talk about trouble on Sunday?

You were in the stadium for 5:15pm putting your flag up with only a handful of other people in the stadium, so I don’t know how you could have witnessed any stampedes or surges of fans getting through turnstiles?

We were on Wembley Way until 7pm and the problem was getting out of hand with non-match ticket holders and drunk 18 year old gangsters causing carnage without any police in sight. Really don’t know how someone sat in Block 109 3 hours before kick off can provide details of what was going on outside the ground...

Firstly I didn’t put myself forward. They called me as a rep of the 109 group. Secondly did you watch the interview? It was nothing to do with the trouble outside or those breaking in. It was regarding the racist abuse our players have suffered and a follow up to the statement we put out about it.

Mucca Mad Boys

If you get to a final and have a better squad than your opponent, have them on the ropes for half an hour, but then totally stop playing and then lose- that is a failure.

Nobody cares about win/ loss percentages, they care about trophies

This is the problem- we accept failure and turn it into a kind of victory

I’m not turning it into a victory at all. I’m bitterly disappointed we lost that game.

I felt like we had the tools to beat Italy, but they were the best team of the tournament and deserved winners.

To compare our teams, Italy have a better midfield by quite a distance, a better central defence, better goal keeper and overall, better wide players (Sterling > Insigne but Chiesa > Saka/Mount). We have better full backs, a better striker and better depth. On balance, the teams were pretty evenly matched.

I doubt the neutrals or the expert going into the game would agree with your assessment.

I would have been delighted to win the tournament .

I still feel his tactics hold us back and he doesn't get the best from certain players .

He's a great man manager , not a great manager

How could you say his tactics hold us back? From what? Getting knockout in the group stages, round of 16 or quarter finals!?

From that admission, even winning a tournament wouldn’t convince you. That is madness.

Mucca Mad Boys

Don't think he's under pressure .

I just think that the final once the stars aligned was pretty straightforward, as it was In 2018 to get to the semis .

We've never had easier routes

He achieved by getting us to these stages but he failed tactically in all 3 competitions we've fallen In.

We lead in all 3 matches , Croatia, Italy, Holland and he didn't get it right in all 3

I think i'm correct in assuming in the nations league , world cup and euros he's only beaten 1 top 10 side

Italy beat 3 and 1 top 15 side to win these euros

Denmark are ranked 10th and Germany ranked 12th, Croatia ranked 14th. 3 teams in the top 15.

Italy beat 2 teams in the top 10 in the knockout stages. Austria are ranked one place above Ukraine.

Then again, we all know how flawed the ranking is so it’s a pretty useless measure.

wingy

Disagree with you there, first half an hour their defence was very rattled and backing off all the time.

I feel we had a better squad, but even if we didn’t it does not explain why we just stopped playing.
I'm not entirely sure we just stopped playing, I think they put their foot on the ball and just built and built then built some more.
That would give the impression that we 'stopped' playing I think, however we didn't make changes,alter system to address what was happening.

TomRad85

Nobody signs up to this forum, makes 1.5k posts in 1.5 months, if they weren’t a previous well known poster
I only started really posting when lockdown began. Previously I'd just wade through the shit to keep tabs on transfer rumours and such. Feel like I'm in too deep to back out now but I do miss those days sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COV

Do you notice how he’s ignoring any post like this,I’ve also tagged him many a time to no response lol

I ignore any accusations now because it’s the fourth person I was accused of being along with owing people money.

Anyway based on what I’ve seen there are many reasons to ignore you 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

I only started really posting when lockdown began. Previously I'd just wade through the shit to keep tabs on transfer rumours and such. Feel like I'm in too deep to back out now but I do miss those days sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I did used to be a somewhat happy individual I swear

TM8792

Firstly I didn’t put myself forward. They called me as a rep of the 109 group. Secondly did you watch the interview? It was nothing to do with the trouble outside or those breaking in. It was regarding the racist abuse our players have suffered and a follow up to the statement we put out about it.

Why were you in the stadium putting up your shite flag so early?

Bugsy

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Have you got a link to the interview mate? You were on Coventry Live Online and Midlands Today discussing more than racism.
It’s highly frustrating that the FA’s allocation of members (circa 8.5K tickets) are being tarred with the actions of drunk scrotums outside the ground and forcing their way in. I don’t think it’s reasonable that the FA can be held accountable for A) the tickets UEFA have sold to the public (who are unregistered and unchecked) or B) the general public and chav’s behaviour on the day of the final.

CJ_covblaze

Have you got a link to the interview mate? You were on Coventry Live Online and Midlands Today discussing more than racism.
It’s highly frustrating that the FA’s allocation of members (circa 8.5K tickets) are being tarred with the actions of drunk scrotums outside the ground and forcing their way in. I don’t think it’s reasonable that the FA can be held accountable for A) the tickets UEFA have sold to the public (who are unregistered and unchecked) or B) the general public and chav’s behaviour on the day of the final.
All I’ve done this week is Sky Sports. Haven’t watched it back but it might be on their site. I haven’t spoken to the BBC or the Cov Telegraph at all this week.

You’re bang on with the second point. It’s worrying that they managed to get in so easily when so many other stadiums have the same set up with turnstiles and disabled entrances including the CBS.

covmark

All I’ve done this week is Sky Sports. Haven’t watched it back but it might be on their site. I haven’t spoken to the BBC or the Cov Telegraph at all this week.

You’re bang on with the second point. It’s worrying that they managed to get in so easily when so many other stadiums have the same set up with turnstiles and disabled entrances including the CBS.
You've basically got 75000 fans knowing there's 30000 empty seats, after a day on the beer. It's asking for fucking trouble.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

A question I’d like to pose...

Does anyone think there’d be issues with ticketless fans of another nation breaking into the final if their nation was hosting it?

For me, I’m not surprised so many people chanced it because we knew there’d be 20,000+ empty seats to sit in.

With that in mind, the security and policing of the event was clearly not up to scratch.

Sick Boy

A question I’d like to pose...

Does anyone think there’d be issues with ticketless fans of another nation breaking into the final if their nation was hosting it?

For me, I’m not surprised so many people chanced it because we knew there’d be 20,000+ empty seats to sit in.

With that in mind, the security and policing of the event was clearly not up to scratch.
If that happened here the carabinieri would have a field day with them.

covmark

Yeah there’s no way that’s going to happen.
Why not? The next one is in Qatar ffs. Add to that, we're up against a Uruguay/Argentina bid, and a Spain/Portugal bid. No hooligans or Ultras in them countries!

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Reactions: COV

Users who are viewing this thread