European championships 2020 thread (12 Viewers)

COV

Ok it was 99% of England being racist. Do you feel better about yourself now?

You know exactly what I am trying to say but want to keep yourself on the moral high ground.

Believe it or not, you cannot prosecute someone for what their mate said, possibly, in a pub. Maybe.

It wasn’t 99% either. You are being stupid and for some reason this whole topic seems to make you very uncomfortable?

Ccfcisparks

It wasn’t 99% either. You are being stupid and for some reason this whole topic seems to make you very uncomfortable.
I wonder why…

He often gets like this in race discussions. I think last time he falsely accused me of calling people racist?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It wasn’t 99% either. You are being stupid and for some reason this whole topic seems to make you very uncomfortable?

Why is it always the ones throwing stones from glass houses that call others stupid and thick?

I said prosecute those that can be found guilty, you then tried to put words into my mouth for the sake of a few likes.

Get over yourself.

Evo1883

giphy.gif

Mucca Mad Boys

Like I said , more faith than me .

Qatar will be harder than this euros I fear , and we may not get a good draw for a 3rd consecutive tournament

We beat Germany, scarcely an easy draw.

Frankly, European football has never been more dominant. Brazil and Argentina are generally not as strong as they were nor our the other South American nations; Chile, Uruguay and Colombia.

Winning the Euros is generally on a similar plane to winning the World Cup.

COV

Why is it always the ones throwing stones from glass houses that call others stupid and thick?

I said prosecute those that can be found guilty, you then tried to put words into my mouth for the sake of a few likes.

Get over yourself.

England isn’t racist and many other countries are way worse, but there is a problem and it’s brilliant that the players have drawn all this attention to it by taking the knee, I don’t understand why you’re so uncomfortable dealing with that.

Evo1883

We beat Germany, scarcely an easy draw.

Frankly, European football has never been more dominant. Brazil and Argentina are generally not as strong as they were nor our the other South American nations; Chile, Uruguay and Colombia.

Winning the Euros is generally on a similar plane to winning the World Cup.

Not sure Greece would win the world Cup..

And I also think Germany are generally in quite a middle of the road place at the moment, a poor few years by their standards

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

England isn’t racist and many other countries are way worse, but there is a problem and it’s brilliant that the players have drawn all this attention to it by taking the knee, I don’t understand why you’re so uncomfortable dealing with that.

Oh another one just begging for a few likes.

I am very much in favour of putting an end to racism, but baseless accusations, or getting upset because people have a different opinion so 'let's call them racist', does significantly more damage to the cause. Again though, it isn't about solving the problem. It is about a good bit of old fashioned virtue signalling - in your case at least.

COV

Seems to have been worth keeping it going, after all.

Hasn’t it just? One minute it’s being called a Marxism signal the next the same people are trying to jump on board and looking very hypocritical

Not sure it would have worked as well if we’d have gone out in the group stages 😆

COV

Oh another one just begging for a few likes.

I am very much in favour of putting an end to racism, but baseless accusations, or getting upset because people have a different opinion so 'let's call them racist', does significantly more damage to the cause. Again though, it isn't about solving the problem. It is about a good bit of old fashioned virtue signalling - in your case at least.

But I’m not upset at all, I’m very happy about the players actions having the right effect, it seems to be you getting a bit aggrivated?

Grendel

But I’m not upset at all, I’m very happy about the players actions having the right effect, it seems to be you getting a bit aggrivated?

What’s the weather like in cork?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Outed as Tango.

CJ, I didn’t know how to mention you without a quote tweet but why did you put yourself forward for SkySports news today to talk about trouble on Sunday?

You were in the stadium for 5:15pm putting your flag up with only a handful of other people in the stadium, so I don’t know how you could have witnessed any stampedes or surges of fans getting through turnstiles?

We were on Wembley Way until 7pm and the problem was getting out of hand with non-match ticket holders and drunk 18 year old gangsters causing carnage without any police in sight. Really don’t know how someone sat in Block 109 3 hours before kick off can provide details of what was going on outside the ground...

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Not sure Greece would win the world Cup..

And I also think Germany are generally in quite a middle of the road place at the moment, a poor few years by their standards

They’re in a transitional phase, for sure. But they still have good individuals players. Havertz, Gnabry, Sane, Müller, Gundogan, Kroos, Neuer, Kimmich and you could even add in Werner.

Not sure why so many England fans want to put an asterisk on our own achievements. It’s really peculiar and we don’t do it other nations either.

We could’ve had easier runs in 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2016. Yet, we failed to win our group stages.

Before this tournament, we managed to win 1 knockout game in the Euros (Spain, 1996). Southgate has tripled our record in one tournament.

Grendel

Grendel do you think the comments from the Portsmouth players are out of order?

I have not seen the comments but clearly if they are of a racist nature and we’re from the academy players then yes and it’s difficult to see how they can be retained

Evo1883

They’re in a transitional phase, for sure. But they still have good individuals players. Havertz, Gnabry, Sane, Müller, Gundogan, Kroos, Neuer, Kimmich and you could even add in Werner.

Not sure why so many England fans want to put an asterisk on our own achievements. It’s really peculiar and we don’t do it other nations either.

We could’ve had easier runs in 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2016. Yet, we failed to win our group stages.

Before this tournament, we managed to win 1 knockout game in the Euros (Spain, 1996). Southgate has tripled our record in one tournament.

The euros set up was different for a long time , there was only 4 groups for starters and before that possibly 2 I believe.

The group stages were always harder , relative to the teams at the time and it went straight to the quarters and before that semis

Example 2000 we had Germany Romania (decent side then , 11th in the world ) and Portugal , 2004 France, Croatia, Switzerland

Euro 2012 we won a group with France Sweden and Ukraine with 2 wins

Euro 88 we had the soviet Union , Holland and ROI

it was alot tougher in the groups before the format change which allowed more lower ranked teams to qualify and subsequently allowing 3rd placed teams through leads to more comfortable knockout fixtures

Last edited:

Grendel

You were the one inferring people criticising Sterling were racist.

Another one of your 'I wonder why' posts.

I do think some of the media negativity against Sterling was racist and you always felt he had to better than others to prove his worth

Grendel

Yup, it's like some of them have been looking for him to step out of line, too. I've actually got a lot of admiration for the way he dealt with it, and came through it.

I don’t know what it is. I don’t think the likes of Marcus Rashford have had the same but he’s always seemed a fall guy for some reason

NorthernWisdom

I don’t know what it is. I don’t think the likes of Marcus Rashford have had the same but he’s always seemed a fall guy for some reason
I dunno, Rashford's definitely had a bit about how he shouldn't be interfering in things like the school dinners stuff... although you could argue that's big standard tabloid fare
I still think he should have taken a penalty though 🙈
His penalty record's pretty awful really!

COV

I dunno, Rashford's definitely had a bit about how he shouldn't be interfering in things like the school dinners stuff... although you could argue that's big standard tabloid fare
His penalty record's pretty awful really!

I know, maybe it was driven by sympathy for Saka, i just thought someone should have seen how nervous he was and took over from him.

Mucca Mad Boys

Even this shows they created 4 big chances, 2 of which were in the sequence of their goal.

xG has its usefulness, but it’s not the be able and end all of describing how a match went.

If England want to carry on playing as we are, I’ve got no problems with that. That being said, we need to be more effective on the counter and creating chances when we’re 1-0 up.

Ccfcisparks

Anyway, this forum isn't racist by a long shot. If you want to see some racist comments go and check the Millwall forum...

here’s a teaser:
660484C7-15DA-4852-AAFE-42A36953674E.png

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

The euros set up was different for a long time , there was only 4 groups for starters and before that possibly 2 I believe.

The group stages were always harder , relative to the teams at the time and it went straight to the quarters and before that semis

Example 2000 we had Germany Romania (decent side then , 11th in the world ) and Portugal , 2004 France, Croatia, Switzerland

Euro 2012 we won a group with France Sweden and Ukraine with 2 wins

Euro 88 we had the soviet Union , Holland and ROI

it was alot tougher in the groups before the format change which allowed more lower ranked teams to qualify and subsequently allowing 3rd placed teams through leads to more comfortable knockout fixtures

That still doesn’t account for winning just 1 knockout game in 68 years.

The Czech Republic beat the Netherlands in the knock out stages, so clearly weren’t a bad side. As for Croatia, World Cup finalists and took Spain to extra time. As for Scotland, fierce rivalries can provide shock results and have generally improved a lot since they qualified.

Even if Southgate isn’t the best manager, he’s delivering at major tournaments and that’s what he gets paid to do.

NorthernWisdom

That still doesn’t account for winning just 1 knockout game in 68 years.
tbf for a fair old while the finals were the last eight, anyway. Graham Taylor's 'failure' still had us in the top few in Europe, as did Bobby Robson in '88.

But yeah, as said, you can only beat what's there, and we got to the final when the so called quality teams didn't. If Southgate is under pressure, then how about Didier Deschamps!

Users who are viewing this thread