Ever Feel You've Had Enough? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

What a three months. If it could go wrong it has and it seems to be getting worse. I am exhausted, pissed off, angry and had enough. Sorry, just needed to share.

Sky_Blue_Daz

You'll come through this a better person
Hope things turn round for you soon

Covkid1968#

Yep...I'm there aswell. Really got back into all the excitement but feel really flat. Will be there Saturday and I'm sure if we win it will all come back. In some ways it is even worse when it was looking like we would do something this year.

I think mine is more about living in Leics and having to listen to the patronising woollyback inbred people who live in my village who all feel so very sorry for me, whilst gloating about the Foxes!!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep...I'm there aswell. Really got back into all the excitement but feel really flat. Will be there Saturday and I'm sure if we win it will all come back. In some ways it is even worse when it was looking like we would do something this year.

I think mine is more about living in Leics and having to listen to the patronising woollyback inbred people who live in my village who all feel so very sorry for me, whilst gloating about the Foxes!!!!

I can can sympathise as I work in Leicester and seem to be getting it everyday from them I think they might start bringing those awful noise things they all have, the only good thing is my boss only likes the game with the odd shaped ball

bringbackrattles

My sister and her husband have lived in Leicestershire for 30 years,both are Coventrians but after living there for so long both now have East Midland accents.Obviously I've been over there numerous times and have been out to many pubs,and have found everyone friendly and really decent people.But I've always got the impression it's more of a Rugby city than football,as people in the pubs tend to talk about the oval ball than the round one.

Malaka

To be fair I wasn't talking about football, but us being shit at the moment don't help;)

dancers lance

We all go through these rough patches, when it feels like everything is against you and if it can go wrong it bloody will! But never let it get the better of you (I know it's easy for people to say that when they don't know your exact situation) but you will come out the other side a stronger person, never think you are alone, we are far more empathetic and helpful than we give ourselves credit for when someone is in need, never stress about the small things you have no control over, all the best.
What a three months. If it could go wrong it has and it seems to be getting worse. I am exhausted, pissed off, angry and had enough. Sorry, just needed to share.

oakey

Malaka, you're not a teacher are you?
Many are close to the edge. I'm sure it's true in other walks of life of course.
Everyone seems to have it bad in Tory Britain.

dancers lance

My Sister worked for OFSTED, she then went freelance training OFSTED inspectors, she found the whole thing so unjust and bureaucratic she is now a freelance adviser to schools on how to deal with OFSTED and is writing an advice manual and book about it.
Malaka, you're not a teacher are you?
Many are close to the edge. I'm sure it's true in other walks of life of course.
Everyone seems to have it bad in Tory Britain.

wingy

Never give in Malaka.
If you do there is always a chink in the armour.
Fight it all the way!

Otis

Good point!

We don't know you from Adam!

I'm a good listener and happy to offer my ten penceworth if that helps any!

Life is a series of ups and downs and when you're down you need as many people around you as possible to help pick you up, be it friends or family.

We are one big family on here, even if there are a couple of uncles not on your Christmas card list and some mad aunties.

Always good to get stuff off your chest and talk about things. Always lightens the load somewhat and you usually feel better putting it out there and getting the monkey off your back.

Feel free to elaborate and us bunch of odd misfits will try and make you feel better. We can have a virtual cheer up party and I can bring the pointy hats and wobbly jelly.

What's everyone else bringing? We need music, cheesy nibbles, parlour games, balloons and witty anecdotes.

Malaka

Thanks Guys. I work with kids and have Ofsted all over me at the moment, they have messed up, they now realise that they have and trying to destroy my credibility because I am coming out swinging. The pressure they are putting me under is immense, The health and safety executive are all over me with false information provided after a misinformed inspection. And to cap it all, my step father who is a good mate is about to pop his clogs with cancer. Oh and then last week the kids at one of my children homes decided to burn down the landlords barn

Otis

Oh dear. It makes it all so much worse when there are a numerous things going wrong.

Do you have any evidence on your side re the Ofsted thing!?

Malaka

Oh dear. It makes it all so much worse when there are a numerous things going wrong.

Do you have any evidence on your side re the Ofsted thing!?

Loads that was not supplied during in inspection as they asked for the wrong things, and now they realise that they have messed up and now they are putting me under immense scrutiny, looking for mistakes to discredit me to get themselves out of the situation that they have brought on themselves

lifeskyblue

Hang on in there Malaka. Is there any chance you and ofsted can have a reconciliation meeting chaired by a neutral so that you can all air your grievances and hopefully see a way forward rather than how it sounds at the moment where there is recrimination and fear on their part.
Shame this is happening when you would most love to be spending quality time with your stepfather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Don't let the suits grind you down Malaka.......and make sure you DO spend time with your stepfather & all those you love during this period, because whilst your work is clearly important to you, and by the sounds of it, even more important to the kids you work with.....when all is said & done, it is only work.....family is more important.....and time spent with them will give you the strength you need to win out over the pen-pushers.

LastGarrison

Be completely honest, document and keep hold of everything but as JHFC says.........don't let the bastards get you down!!

More important things and people going on in your life at the moment and you just need to keep on struggling through and it will get better.

Failing that just get ridiculous drunk!!! Won't help in the long term but for a few hours it will certainly feel like it!

mrtrench

Hang on in there Malaka. Is there any chance you and ofsted can have a reconciliation meeting chaired by a neutral so that you can all air your grievances and hopefully see a way forward rather than how it sounds at the moment where there is recrimination and fear on their part.
Shame this is happening when you would most love to be spending quality time with your stepfather.

I think that is good advice. Some people are just wankers but most are reasonable. I'd prepare a list of the issues they are raising with your response and evidence. Send it in to them and suggest a meeting to go through together and agree anything that still needs to be addressed and next steps. Minute the meeting and send it back to them. The key here is to get them working with you as partners rather than as opponents.

If they refuse, then that's the time to escalate - plus you have evidence that you have tried to resolve it and they are the problem.

I know it's hard - these things always seem to come in buckets when they arrive - although that's possibly because we can handle one at a time and when things come in twos and threes it gets on top of us. We have all been there and will be again. Just keep batting each one away as best you can and keep your eyes on the future when it's all dealt with.

Good Luck - my best wishes to you.

Otis

I think that is good advice. Some people are just wankers but most are reasonable. I'd prepare a list of the issues they are raising with your response and evidence. Send it in to them and suggest a meeting to go through together and agree anything that still needs to be addressed and next steps. Minute the meeting and send it back to them. The key here is to get them working with you as partners rather than as opponents.

If they refuse, then that's the time to escalate - plus you have evidence that you have tried to resolve it and they are the problem.

I know it's hard - these things always seem to come in buckets when they arrive - although that's possibly because we can handle one at a time and when things come in twos and threes it gets on top of us. We have all been there and will be again. Just keep batting each one away as best you can and keep your eyes on the future when it's all dealt with.

Good Luck - my best wishes to you.
Yep, seconded.

eastwoodsdustman

Compartment everything that's getting to you and deal with them on an individual basis with the most important one first. It'll soon seem like you're on top of it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just don't go to the match later today! That could make you feel REALLY bad!

Great_Expectations

Work is such a huge part of our lives that it often seems as though it is life, but it's not.

It's always easier said than done and all the theories, motivational/inspirational quotes make it seem simple, but ultimately, no matter what, family and friends are what life is all about. Have a strong set of either or both, and you can get through anything life throws at you.

mrtrench

I went to Swindon this weekend to meet with four friends from Uni. We are all in our mid fifties and graduated in Maths from a good university in the 80s. Every single one of us is burnt out from work and not one of us has a "proper" job any more. We were discussing our experiences and they are so similar: very long hours; poor recognition; bullying and politics; stress to the point that we couldn't cope and lack of support... interestingly we all remember good times at work from the 90s but in most cases (not being racist here and the sample size doesn't prove anything) after merging with an American company everything changed and seemed to be deliberate to squeeze every last juice of worth from us before discarding (in most cases we chose to leave after no longer being able to cope).

I really feel for young people graduating now. They have debts we never had; they cannot hope to buy a house; work culture has changed; they have no pensions and even have to work into their 70s to get a state pension. Even though we are burnt our by 53 we feel in some ways lucky we are not 22 now.

Otis

Yep, been there got the t shirt.

I am mid fifties too. Luckily for me I retired at 50.

There was a definite sea change. Work used to have at least a little bit of enjoyment about it, but then it suddenly all got about tightening belts, cutting back on staff, yet increasing workloads, meeting budgets, setting targets!

Last job I had was working for a charity and in 2 years it went from being a great place to work for, to be all about meeting targets, with very little thought for the people we were supposed to be helping.

So glad I am out of it.

Otis

How did you manage that?!?

Think I'm doomed to work till 75+... if they renew my contract that long, anyway(!)
Used to work for British Coal and when they were closing all the pits the Union got an agreement that we would all get our full pension at 50.

Not saying it's brilliant and I do have to very much tighten my belt, but yeah, now retired pretty much.

£60,000 a year isn't that much in the grand scheme of things though really is it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread