Ever Feel You've Had Enough? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Used to work for British Coal and when they were closing all the pits the Union got an agreement that we would all get our full pension at 50.

Not saying it's brilliant and I do have to very much tighten my belt, but yeah, now retired pretty much.

£60,000 a year isn't that much in the grand scheme of things though really is it! ;)
A mate of mine retired aged 58 and loves every minute of it.He winds me up as I'm still window cleaning at 62,but I actually like my job and hardly ever get fed up with it,even though some customers can be a pain at times.But many have become friends and as someone who enjoys the outdoors I reckon I'm lucky.But I reckon I'd adjust to not working as long as I found things to do.

Terry Gibson's perm

My brother in law retired at about 45 and winds me up about it all the time, still not a long wait for me about 30 odd years to go

bringbackrattles

I struggle for money, but it is well worth it, being out of the rat race.
My mate who's retired is always happy and smiling but when he was working he said he was depressed most of the time.We only get one life is his mantra these days,so he travels a lot in fact he went to India last year for a month,and is off to Africa shortly. Fair play to him the lucky bastard !

Terry Gibson's perm

My mate who's retired is always happy and smiling but when he was working he said he was depressed most of the time.We only get one life is his mantra these days,so he travels a lot in fact he went to India last year for a month,and is off to Africa shortly. Fair play to him the lucky bastard !

I remember that smiling thing I think the last time it happened a lot I was still at school

bringbackrattles

I remember that smiling thing I think the last time it happened a lot I was still at school
I was watching my young niece and nephew playing recently and they were running about giggling and laughing,and I thought I wish I could be a kid again for one day.Climbing trees,playing football,marbles,bird nesting,and just not giving a shit. But the world's in such a state I fear for their futures.But without doubt being a kid was a great time for me,which sadly isn't the case for many.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was watching my young niece and nephew playing recently and they were running about giggling and laughing,and I thought I wish I could be a kid again for one day.Climbing trees,playing football,marbles,bird nesting,and just not giving a shit. But the world's in such a state I fear for their futures.But without doubt being a kid was a great time for me,which sadly isn't the case for many.

I watch my kids having fun just being crazy and think the same as you just one day would be great, I hope they enjoy everyday as it only gets worse as you get older and I worry everyday what it will be like for them when they are older especially my daughter who has Down's.

lifeskyblue

I watch my kids having fun just being crazy and think the same as you just one day would be great, I hope they enjoy everyday as it only gets worse as you get older and I worry everyday what it will be like for them when they are older especially my daughter who has Down's.

I hope when we are older and more especially when your daughter is older we have a society that values difference and cares for those members who may be vulnerable to abuse, exploitation and down right nastiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope when we are older and more especially when your daughter is older we have a society that values difference and cares for those members who may be vulnerable to abuse, exploitation and down right nastiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think people have become more understanding of disability that you can see and we tend to find that not that many people stare when they see her and when they do she just says hello as she thinks they are looking at her for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread