Eviction notice (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

What part can’t you grasp?

sisu playing silly games as per. Ashley is calling sisu bluff not signing the new agreement. puts pressure on sisu to sign it. If sisu sign the agreement then it’s sorted.
there's nothing to grasp. the reports regarding eviction are either true or false and given the game at the weekend was moved I tend to lean towards it being true. I couldn't give a shit about SISU, Ashley, Frasers or anyone else, my concern is the club. You don't start an eviction process and stop games taking place if you're just waiting for the formality of some paperwork being signed

Your gotcha here seems to be that SISU are refusing to sign a deal on the same terms they have been happily operating on for some time now, to what end?

If that is the case, and Ashley has designs on owning the club, then a statement from Frasers would certainly help otherwise it looks very much like action being taken to damage & distress the club. People can't criticise SISU for that and then welcome Ashley with open arms as our saviour for doing exactly the same thing.

The owners of the club putting in a bid for the stadium is not playing silly games, it's something they are perfectly entitled to do and had absolutely zero impact on Ashely or Frasers, it took literally seconds to deal with at a court session that would have taken place irrespective of SISUs actions. The idea that somehow the football club deserves this because SISU put in a bid, genuine or otherwise, is absolutely ludicrous

To just keep repeated 'but SISU' and not actually giving any explanation to why the things being reported are happening is something a lot of people will no longer blindly accept. It might have worked when Wasps turned up but it doesn't have the same effect now.

richnrg

I wonder if the person that writes CCFC statements has GCSE English. They are always so badly written.

shmmeee

Yes but the club have a License. Standard Lease protections don’t exist, hence this happening.

Im saying the council should have a covenant in the lease that specifies the club can’t be kicked out with some process (arbitration or something)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

However this plays out, it took a while for the fans of NUFC to hate Ashley.
This time round our fans hate him before he's even started.
No doubt he wants to buy the club on the cheap. There is absolutely no point in the CBS remaining empty. I've no doubt the club will, in some way, negotiate a deal to stay there.
I never liked Mike Ashley as a person and I've less reason to doubt my feelings now.

chiefdave

Frasers Group have now presented to Coventry City a new agreement with new commercial terms, which have been presented to us without any dialogue or negotiations, and are less favourable to the Football Club. In addition, this licence would only run until May 2023.

To confirm, Coventry City are happy to continue under terms of the current licence which we already have in place to play at the Arena.

What a surprise that it turns out its not the same terms as the current deal

skybluejelly

It’s obvious Fraser group are playing hardball , wasps were desperate to have us as tenants so the deal was weighted to benefit the football club with regards to food and drinks , if the deal is drastically changed all we can do as fans is boycott the food and drink in the stadium and only buy from the local vicinity,

Could be great news for Dhillons

SBAndy

Out of interest, why would we have that and not a lease?
Probably to avoid certain obligations or maybe something to do with the only partial occupation, i.e. not 24/7 and only part of the Arena not all?

Basically this. It would have limited our liability on repairs/maintenance requirements given we have relatively modest usage. Also thinking SISU were planning to have taken over the stadium at this point, at which they could rescind the License and implement their own Lease terms.

oldfiver

The information I have is - unless the original headlease has been forfeited and a new one granted all existing tenancies are unchanged
If truly only a licence there is still a 28 day notice period to take effect.

Have CCC approved the transfer to New Co - if not they could still refuse as ACL breached the Head Lease terms

Nick

Administrator
If this has happened without his knowledge he should resign on principle. If he did know he should be chased out the ground next time he tries attending one of our games

Of course he knew, much the same as when he was trying to put the club into admin for Haskell to take over.

Nick

Administrator
If truly only a licence there is still a 28 day notice period to take effect.

Have CCC approved the transfer to New Co - if not they could still refuse as ACL breached the Head Lease terms

CCC will have known also. Well, depending if Reeves is CCC or not.

win9nut

The information I have is - unless the original headlease has been forfeited and a new one granted all existing tenancies are unchanged
When is a tenancy not a tenancy?
When it's a license, not a lease... or so I'm told...

Evo1883

Few fans of certain clubs enjoying this news , won't say boo when we play eachother mind you

Evo1883

Can we just confirm , council own the freehold do ashley cannot simply knock the stadium down ?

Users who are viewing this thread