Eviction notice (6 Viewers)

steve cooper

the original offer was same cash terms but to end of season
It doesn't say that. If the statement is accurate I understand it to mean the 6 month contract now offered is to give time to agree other things Sisu raised when not accepting the (first) mirror contract

slowpoke

I am trying to stay out of this but it appears from what I see there are claims and counter claims of what has been offered

Its claimed by the Fraser Group as part of the pre-purchase arrangement they mirrored the lease the club originally had but the club did not sign it. It doesn't matter if the FG did not own at the time its a pre purchase arrangement. They did not sign as they wanted extra arrangements and rights.

So as it was not signed FG issue a short term lease for the remainder of the season at existing terms.

It would seem likely that Sisu would not sign a pre agreement as they decided they wanted to block the sale with the King £25 m offer.

Who even signs it? Who owns CCFC now? Where is King?

There is a problem here. The sharks have entered the ocean and they mean business. Sappala is someone who does not take being told what to do and being backed into a corner very well. That is what she now is being faced with.

Frankly she cannot play the victim as she always wanted to be in the position Ashley is but never had the resources, courage or means to do it - now she has investors with returns looking less and less likely to be achieved. No ground and only players as assets to yield returns.

It was always coming. No ground, no plan and outwitted at every turn. The club and the fans will pay the price - we always do but her catastrophic tenure has to end - it just has to
I think your assessment is pretty accurate, in reality nothing has changed from yesterday, the club has been offered mirroring terms until May 2023. According to sisu and they haven’t retracted anything ccfc has been sold well 85% of it has so in effect this has nothing to do with Sepalla anymore. And yes new terms will be discussed with Doug King but any increase won’t be paid by the club owner it will be paid by the usual people….us. A pound extra per ticket x 20000 x 23 matches is almost half a millluon quid.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Absolutely not.

The worst one really is that the local council don't either.

It's like a group of cunts all sticking the boot in.
Never shit on your own doorstep, they say. Coventry Council never stop.

Flying Fokker

Surely the people demanding SISU pay full market / asking price for the stadium will now be demanding Ashley does for the club, rather than distressing it? Or will they be wanking thinking he's getting one over on Joy?
So what is the market value given the debt that they have.
Maybe King has gone in hard and upset Ashley? King is not even in the race.
‘The EFL cannot grant change of ownership in these circumstances. No ground, no fans no club.
What value do city have. Maybe the club will be dissolved.
Players to be sold in next window, then admin or oblivion. We are back to where we were…A tad frustrating.

Hobo

Ashley just wants to break the exiisting contract. Lets see how well his Sports Direct Shops do in Coventry?

Boycott the fuckers and any Arena business not related to CCFC.

Flying Fokker

Ashley just wants to break the exiisting contract. Lets see how well his Sports Direct Shops do in Coventry?

The sale of shell suits is going to bomb now. Oh, that’s assuming Coventry keeps SD in business. Thought not.

slowpoke

So what is the market value given the debt that they have.
Maybe King has gone in hard and upset Ashley? King is not even in the race.
‘The EFL cannot grant change of ownership in these circumstances. No ground, no fans no club.
What value do city have. Maybe the club will be dissolved.
Players to be sold in next window, then admin or oblivion. We are back to where we were…A tad frustrating.
So what happens when the EFL consider Doug Kings proposed takeover application and do the EFL consider sisu too after all they say they are having 15%, theres so much possible crap in all of this no matter which way you look but it’s still still nearly three weeks until our next home game loads of water to go under this bridge yet.

AndreasB

Ah
Just thoughts - but the statements so far basically tell you what each party wants you to hear

I think the starting point is the ACL administration prepack result was always going to be what it turned out to be. Everyone knew it really

The timing for our owners wasn't great the 85% sale didn't happen soon enough possibly because of the exclusivity clause with Storey. Then they made a weak showing front of the judge on 17th it seems.

When offered the licence pre the ACL disposal our owners could have thought a couple of things i suppose (a) that signing before the administration result weakens their position to challenge on the 17th November or (b) they would be able to use CCFC brand to twist the landlords arm for a better deal.

As i highlighted earlier a lease can be transferred, there is no right to do so other than by mutual agreement for a licence. We had a licence, the transfer for whatever reason was not signed off. Even if it was changed to May 2023 and all other terms the same (were they?) not signing created jeopardy for CCFC

I do read it that had our owners signed prior to prepack then the existing licence & term would have been transferred attached to the head lease to the new entity in the Frasers group that owns the head lease. For whatever reason that agreement to transfer was not signed. Part of me thinks that the owners needed to at least try to get a better deal, part of me says yet again it was a misjudgement.

Frasers have now come back and said there is a deal till May. After which a new licence will have to be arranged. Basically, it says we know the history and you will not be messing us about. That gives the two sides an opportunity to get to know each other, but of course leaves an element of risk for both sides. To make the Stadium worthwhile Frasers needs CCFC there, CCFC cannot afford to move to Birmingham, Northampton, Walsall etc.

Trouble is everyman and his dog knows the CCFC finances are dire and they are up against an entity whose bank balance was barely scratched by the purchase of the stadium

A lot of posturing going on, but i think it is clear that CCFC now has less influence over the finances of the stadium, whilst wasps were there CCFC knew the money they brought in was make or break, its not the case anymore

As for the money CCFC put in to keep games on and relay the pitch, that is all unsecured creditors of what is left of ACL, the club is not getting it back

Bottom line a deal will get done, not perhaps the one our owners expected but CCFC will remain at the stadium in my opinion
,Nice to see the usual OSB "insight"; paraphrase what we already know, throw in a few finance terms and blame SISU for everything

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So what happens when the EFL consider Doug Kings proposed takeover application and do the EFL consider sisu too after all they say they are having 15%, theres so much possible crap in all of this no matter which way you look but it’s still still nearly three weeks until our next home game loads of water to go under this bridge yet.
As before there’s nothing for the EFL to consider - they’ll both get approved

wingy

Here's a mad conspiracy

The eviction notice gives sisu a way out of the Doug king thing.

Opens the door for Fraser's
Doug king always the stalking horse better days suggested ?
Could have been simpler surely!
Gilbert could get the answer to the signed deal?

Flying Fokker

Yep. So much crap.

fatso

Maybe Sisu couldn't or wouldn't sign a new contract as they knew they wouldn't be the owners for long, and are waiting for Doug King's takeover to get the approval from the FL.

Flying Fokker

Here's a mad conspiracy

The eviction notice gives sisu a way out of the Doug king thing.

Opens the door for Fraser's
I like that.

On a separate note…Anyone up for a march on Wasps? Who do we protest against now? SISU ASHLEY CCC KING All of them?

alexccfc99

Can’t be doing with the drama, can’t be doing with the countless know it all’s who don’t actually know a lot (they shall remain nameless)

All that can be said is there are two arsehole parties (enabled by a third in CCC) having a stand off and it’s us, the fans who will get shafted

I’m just going to watch the remainder of the World Cup and hopefully by the time the Swansea game has rolled around we have some idea of what the hell is going on

fatso

How though?
As mediators at the very least, to assure that the club involved can at least fulfill its fixtures, they could of Insisted that an agreement to allow the club to continue playing at the arena was in place before the sale to Ashley went ahead.
Surely legally binding assurances should of been in place at the court case, if they can't do that, what is the point of the football league association.

Ashdown

12 days to the Swansea match ?

Briles

I've already been and shat in a pair of reeboks at Central 6

shmmeee

As mediators at the very least, to assure that the club involved can at least fulfill its fixtures, they could of Insisted that an agreement to allow the club to continue playing at the arena was in place before the sale to Ashley went ahead.
Surely legally binding assurances should of been in place at the court case, if they can't do that, what is the point of the football league association.

Ultimately no one can force two private businesses to do a deal. I can’t even imagine what a restriction on the head lease would say “you must give them X terms”? “CCFC must play there at any cost”? We all know how Sisu would act with that kind of backstop.

Grendel

Ah

,Nice to see the usual OSB "insight"; paraphrase what we already know, throw in a few finance terms and blame SISU for everything

In the same way that wasps are entirely responsible for their own demise - not the RFU Saracans or anyone they care to blame - this is entirely a situation Sisu have after 15 years of ownership created

hutch1972

Think we all knew there were going to be some fairly high level chess games going on around this, and again we're trying to guess both the logic of each event, and what the next move will be. All the time we are hoping the effect on the football team will be minimal. Short term (particularly January, possibly even MR) I fear will be painful, but longer term we needed things to shift, Hopefully the fans will put up with the short term, frustrating though that may be.
I've had the short term pain for most of the last 50 years.

theferret

This place is making less sense by the day. Apparently, SISU are now to blame for not signing an agreement with a 3rd party before it even owned the place, when they had designs on owning it themselves and while a takeover of the club was being negotiated? Who the fuck does that?

Grendel

This place is making less sense by the day. Apparently, SISU are now to blame for not signing an agreement with a 3rd party before it even owned the place, when they had designs on owning it themselves and while a takeover of the club was being negotiated? Who the fuck does that?

They’ve had designs for 15 years and if it was the other way round she’d be doing the same. She’s a joke never had any desire or means to buy it. She’s like one of those weirdos who visits houses for sale but can’t afford them

Users who are viewing this thread