Ex Player Watch (7 Viewers)

mark82

McNulty seemingly fourth-choice striker for Reading.

Certainly is today. They also signed Baldock this summer who is similar in style to McNulty and seemingly ahead in the pecking order at this stage. He'll need to take his chance when it comes.

GaryJones

Perhaps they will loan him back in January?

Nonleagueherewecome

Mogga's only ever good when he has money to spend. £3 million for a championship club is very wrong.
Quite cheap at that level now, sadly. Bamford for 10m to Leeds, for example for someone who was a 1 in 4 striker at that level last season. Madness!

luwalla

Just watched the reading game, McNulty didn’t even get a sniff of coming off the bench tonight ... what a waste

Absolute belter of a goal in the last 10 secs of injury time for derby though. Made me smile :)

Gint11

Armstrong’s a funny one. I’m not sure he’s good enough at Championship level. I suppose £3M is a snip really as a comparable to other transfers so worth the risk.

Ccfcisparks

Main points are that Cov fans who are giving him grief now will be proven wrong and that he had undeserved critiscim when he went 13 games without a goal start of last year

Liquid Gold

Main points are that Cov fans who are giving him grief now will be proven wrong and that he had undeserved critiscim when he went 13 games without a goal start of last year
He spent all summer winding up England fans. It's only fair we give him some back.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I might be misunderstanding you, but £3 million for a championship club is very wrong? Plenty of championship clubs spend £10 mill more than that on players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that makes it alright does it? That money is stupid and ridiculous and should be too much for the Premier League let alone the championship.

chiefdave

McNulty's Dad being on twitter is all good when things are going well but if he starts having a go at Reading that's not going to be good.

Not sure why everyone is so convinced he would have done the same again for us this season. His L1 track record isn't exactly great. Reading have taken a real gamble moving him up to the championship. If and when he gets his chance he can't afford to make a slow start.

Sbarcher

Reading fans chanting - You're a shit Steven Gerrard" to Lampard - brilliant.

jordan210

I don't get our fans. Half of them hate ex players others still love them. No middle ground.

Its sad when a good players leaves but we have to expect it. I keep an eye out how they are doing and hope they do well. Just incase we have a sell on fee on them. But thats about it really.

Don't understand the love in and hate from some of our fans.

shmmeee

I don't get our fans. Half of them hate ex players others still love them. No middle ground.

Its sad when a good players leaves but we have to expect it. I keep an eye out how they are doing and hope they do well. Just incase we have a sell on fee on them. But thats about it really.

Don't understand the love in and hate from some of our fans.

Like our ex-academy kids, couldn't give a rat's arse about anyone else.

chiefdave

Like our ex-academy kids, couldn't give a rat's arse about anyone else.
Same here, would like our academy kids to at least make a career for themselves. These days nobody else sticks around long enough. The days of players being here for years before moving on to a bigger club seem to be long gone.

ps1948

Or the bench is far more comfortable......especially when your income is many time more than we were able to offer

ps1948

My last comment obviously about McNulty.
I like to see how ex-City players are doing, and hope that the ones who haven't taken the piss do well..... certain others, I'm happy to see get their just rewards.

Users who are viewing this thread