Ex Player Watch (3 Viewers)

steve82

Nathan Cameron has joined the list of ccfc connections at Macclesfield today. Signed a short term deal till January

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Golden boy Madison sent off in the 28th minute. Second booking for diving

I thought he had begun to cut this element out of his game...but clearly not.

Should Thomas have gone to ground when being pulled back last night? First was outside box then in box. Thomas berated ref afterwards but he stayed up and got ‘shot’ away. If he had hit the deck I think he might have got the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Obligatory

Football_be2599_6651606.gif

Gazolba

Should have been a straight red, not a second yellow.
Don't know if that would make any difference to the punishment.

Adge

Should have been a straight red, not a second yellow.
Don't know if that would make any difference to the punishment.
No straight red for a dive-yellow for “unsporting behaviour” only.

Grendel

Our best squad since relegation from Premiership.

Criminal what that so called manager Coleman did to that team and our club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It wasn’t as good as the squad in the first season in the championship

chiefdave

He's put a statement out saying he is sorry and he was expecting contact but it never happened.
Expecting contact is the problem. If the players are being coached anything like what the ex-pros say on commentary they are told to go down at any hint of contact to try and 'win' a penalty.

We need to get out of this thing where every little bit of contact is automatically a foul.

Irish Sky Blue

Expecting contact is the problem. If the players are being coached anything like what the ex-pros say on commentary they are told to go down at any hint of contact to try and 'win' a penalty.

We need to get out of this thing where every little bit of contact is automatically a foul.
One of the most frustrating things about modern day football is players going over as soon as they are simply touched. It drives me mad! With regard to penalties and the pundits argument that “he was touched so is justified in going down”, that also drives me up the wall. If you are tripped, then falling over is an involuntary action, not something you choose to do.

Grendel

The one part of his game he can’t seem to shift!

Couldn’t argue with that! Blatant attempt to con the ref!

You have to give the ref credit for sending him off after half an hour which I suspect was why he thought he’d get away with it

steve82

Marc Antoine Fortune, Zavon Hines and Kyle Reid have helped break two records at Chesterfield in the National league.

They are winless in 18 league games and sit in the drop zone. That has equalled the club record for the longest winless run.

Yet they are also on the best run for 12 years being undefeated, drawing 8 consecutive league games going unbeaten in all competitions for 11 games is the club’s best run for 12 years.

They won the opening 3 league games of the season prior to this run

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Wasn't Zavon Hines one of those players that was supposed to be 'the next big thing'?

Indeed he was - came through West Ham's youth system around the same time as the likes of Jack Collison, Junior Stanislas, Freddie Sears, James Tomkins etc. Careers have gone in different directions for that lot it's fair to say

SkyBlueCRJ

Indeed he was - came through West Ham's youth system around the same time as the likes of Jack Collison, Junior Stanislas, Freddie Sears, James Tomkins etc. Careers have gone in different directions for that lot it's fair to say

Interesting that Collison, Sears and Hines have all struggled with fitness/injury over their respective careers. I wonder if there's anything in that. Maybe being rushed to the first team too soon?

Terry Gibson's perm

On diving it made me laugh against Peterborough when the ball was in the air one of their players looked around for a nearby player so he could go over but there were none about and he didn’t know what to do and just gave it away.

steve82

Interesting that Collison, Sears and Hines have all struggled with fitness/injury over their respective careers. I wonder if there's anything in that. Maybe being rushed to the first team too soon?

It’s a case of burn out, too much football for me.
It’s the old if your good enough your old enough that gets you shorter miles on the longevity of a career.

SkyBlueCRJ

It’s the old if your good enough your old enough that gets you shorter miles on the longevity of a career.

Agreed. It's the Michael Owen scenario. Realistically on average you've got about a 10-12 year window in football where you can play at full throttle. If you get thrown into football early you're going to tail off earlier than the average footballer who breaks through at around 21/22.

skybluegod

Hmmm it's an interesting one, because there is evidence for both sides, you have the likes of Giggs, Neville, Gerrard, Lampard, Defoe etc. etc. all made their debuts around 17/18, and went on to have long and strong careers, without exception.

IMO I think it is down to mentality, all of the players mentioned Hines, Collison, Sears, all had decent ability, they made their debuts early, and then stepped off the gas a little, they didn't look after themselves as well as they should have done, and ended up paying the cost of that.

Users who are viewing this thread