Fadz (1 Viewer)

Dean1961

After watching the Exeter game I'm a little worried that we seem to want to rely on him to much for the whole season.
Would have preferred a Mcnally type player much younger and more mobile.

Terry_dactyl

After watching the Exeter game I'm a little worried that we seem to want to rely on him to much for the whole season.
He looked shaky/slow for sure but I first wrote him off about 4 years ago…

Mucca Mad Boys

I highly doubt Fadz will be in the first team for the whole season. He’s been a great servant and leader but we need to hand the reigns to someone else.

I imagine our business will not be complete for the CB position.

kg82

How can you be worried we want to rely on him too much for the whole season from a friendly game?!

Sky Blue Pete

I highly doubt Fadz will be in the first team for the whole season. He’s been a great servant and leader but we need to hand the reigns to someone else.

I imagine our business will not be complete for the CB position.
Yeah thought he looked a weak link and think we may struggle defensively initially until we get organised
Robins has said as such

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah thought he looked a weak link and think we may struggle defensively initially until we get organised
Robins has said as such
With a young defence, Thomas, Binks and Lati all being 21-23, we will need a more experienced head in there for organisation and leadership.

Fadz gives that, but at some point the reigns need to be handed over. I could see us getting a 25-29 year old CB to fill that gap.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He'll start the season due to his experience, and allow a bit of continuity, but I can see him being phased out over the course of the season.

Chances are he'll pick up an injury and the younger players will be given the opportunity to show they can cope without him.

twistandshout

His ability to organise and coach the younger centre backs offsets the lack of pace. Let's see how he gets on, he was written off after the promotion season but went from strength to strength.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It was embarrassing at Exeter Faz pointed one way the ball went the other. He was constantly standing in Collins way. Surely being an international DM
Lati will be his replacement, a defender to step into midfield. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Grendel

It’s one friendly game. He’s defied logic and expectation since we got promoted. We’ve always struggled in the system we play without him

Saddlebrains

hes been playing left out of necessity

Once we have another one to go with Binks, Thomas will play in Fadz role 100000%

twistandshout

It’s one friendly game. He’s defied logic and expectation since we got promoted. We’ve always struggled in the system we play without him
We have had Wilson give him the ball to build the play. With Collins we have an extra player in front of the ball.

blunted

Write Fadz off at your peril. No one goes on forever and the staff will know when its time to leave him out. We are building a squad and I think all players will get a rest at some point. MR likes to give players a rest when they return from International duty and we are signing quite a few internationals.

slowpoke

I thought McFadzeen played okay at Exeter apart from that daft kick in the first thirty seconds think he got the full 90 minutes in his legs can’t remember if he was subbed or not.

Mucca Mad Boys

Write Fadz off at your peril. No one goes on forever and the staff will know when its time to leave him out. We are building a squad and I think all players will get a rest at some point. MR likes to give players a rest when they return from International duty and we are signing quite a few internationals.
It’s not writing him off, it’s taking a pragmatic view that at 37 going on 38, it’s inevitable that performance will begin to decline at some point.

As a club, we need to have a viable succession plan.

Evo1883

It’s not writing him off, it’s taking a pragmatic view that at 37 going on 38, it’s inevitable that performance will begin to decline at some point.

As a club, we need to have a viable succession plan.
He's 36 , 37 in feb

Users who are viewing this thread