Fair play or stop being a tit? (1 Viewer)

Adge

Some may be impressed and I guess it is the age of the “influencers”.
Not for me though I’m afraid.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think anybody would turn that life down, doing something they love. Not sure I'd be that fussed about a fancy Wardrobe but definitely some cars.

Not keen on his dog's ears being cropped either.

As Ian has said, the whole "Player Welfare" shite is nonsense.

clint van damme

I don't think anybody would turn that life down, doing something they love. Not sure I'd be that fussed about a fancy Wardrobe but definitely some cars.

Not keen on his dog's ears being cropped either.

As Ian has said, the whole "Player Welfare" shite is nonsense.

I don't think the players welfare thing is nonsense to be honest.
There are on-going attempts to squeeze more and more football out of players including an extra world cup and more champions league game.
No matter what they're paid, (and not everyone affected will be on the sort of money Madisson, who as a Leicester player may not be attected at all), is on, and it will take its toll on their physical and mental well being.

Jordan Henderson has spoken quite well about this. It's just a constant attempt to squeeze more and more money out of the cash cow.

Of course many of them get well paid for it but they're still human beings with physical and mental limits at the end of the day.

Sick Boy

There are on-going attempts to squeeze more and more football out of players including an extra world cup and more champions league game.
No matter what they're paid, (and not everyone affected will be on the sort of money Madisson, who as a Leicester player may not be attected at all), is on, and it will take its toll on their physical and mental well being.

Jordan Henderson has spoken quite well about this. It's just a constant attempt to squeeze more and more money out of the cash cow.

Of course many of them get well paid for it but they're still human beings with physical and mental limits at the end of the day.
They are on 100s of thousands a week. I’m more concerned about the welfare of frontline workers personally.

clint van damme

They are on 100s of thousands a week. I’m more concerned about the welfare of frontline workers personally.

I agree, and I'm not saying they aren't molly coddled and entitled but I don't think all of the issues raised are bollocks, there's some genuine concerns

Nick

Administrator

That's why the big clubs who wanted a European Superleague need to sort their act out and have a squad big enough to justify so many games.

In terms of Physical and Mental Wellbeing, they all have access to state of the art medical treatments, psychologists, physios that would probably cost me well over what I earn in a year. Even without the tens / hundreds of thousands a week that they get paid, that sort of access to the treatment and how well they get looked after is massive too.

Then you have the nutritionists, personal chefs etc who will be sorting out what and when they eat and handing them a meal.

Liverpool last season

38 League Matches
10 Champions League
2 FA Cup
2 EFL Cup

52 in Total

Us (CCFC)

46 League Matches
1 FA Cup
2 EFL Cup

49 in Total

There's hardly a huge difference in how many games compared with squad size, if you were to compare that to a League 1 or 2 club with a half decent cup run and they would have played much more.

chiefdave

Its hard to take the likes of Klopp seriously when, in non-covid times, the second there's a gap in the schedule they jet off somewhere to play in some meaningless tournament.

skyblue1991

Some may be impressed and I guess it is the age of the “influencers”.
Not for me though I’m afraid.
Pampered as fuck

Wouldn't say no to the lifestyle and a footballer when he signs for a club isn't going to say '£100k a week is too much mate, just give me a couple of grand instead' is he, not their fault they are overpaid

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

shepardo01

I played in a side that did particularly well one season good FA Cup run, league Cup, Birmingham senior, Fa Vase etc, we played 66 games.
No dietitians, cryo baths, psychologists etc.... plenty of going to work the day after long midweek trips ..

Dyche also comes from the old school of player. He was in the first team at Chesterfield when I was in the youth team. Good, down to earth hard working pro.
We trained at the ground. No canteen before/after training, only "addition" was a physio on duty at the ground.
Also, when I say ground, Google "saltergate"... then have a look at Leicesters training ground and compare!! :ROFLMAO:

clint van damme

That's why the big clubs who wanted a European Superleague need to sort their act out and have a squad big enough to justify so many games.

In terms of Physical and Mental Wellbeing, they all have access to state of the art medical treatments, psychologists, physios that would probably cost me well over what I earn in a year. Even without the tens / hundreds of thousands a week that they get paid, that sort of access to the treatment and how well they get looked after is massive too.

Then you have the nutritionists, personal chefs etc who will be sorting out what and when they eat and handing them a meal.

Liverpool last season

38 League Matches
10 Champions League
2 FA Cup
2 EFL Cup

52 in Total

Us (CCFC)

46 League Matches
1 FA Cup
2 EFL Cup

49 in Total

There's hardly a huge difference in how many games compared with squad size, if you were to compare that to a League 1 or 2 club with a half decent cup run and they would have played much more.

I'm talking more in terms of what they're trying to introduce more than the current set up.
I think Henderson had some valid points, don't ready agree with what klopp was saying, think klopp was more referring to things as they are now

Brighton Sky Blue

Pampered as fuck

Wouldn't say no to the lifestyle and a footballer when he signs for a club isn't going to say '£100k a week is too much mate, just give me a couple of grand instead' is he, not their fault they are overpaid

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Anyone here who says they'd turn down that money for playing one perhaps two games of football a week is a liar. You can still be humble about it though as some of them are.

Jagmannn

Could someone break down how many hours a week would be expected from a modern day footballer ( say one game a week ) ....if not selected to play Saturday , do i get the day off ?..or am i expected to turn up to watch ?

shepardo01

Could someone break down how many hours a week would be expected from a modern day footballer ( say one game a week ) ....if not selected to play Saturday , do i get the day off ?..or am i expected to turn up to watch ?
Let's say there are two games, Saturday and Tuesday:
If there wasn't a game on the Tuesday before the Saturday game, then generally players would be expected in Sunday for a cool down.
Monday would be training - one session probably- report in for say 9, breakfast, train 10:30 until 12:30
Tuesday- same
Weds - same.
Thursday (possibly the weds) would be a day off.
Thursday training- possibly shape
Friday, light, shape/set plays possibly (possible travel to away hotel - may limit, cause there to be no training)
Saturday report to ground at say 1pm
Sunday, (bearing in mind game Tuesday) could be cool down at TG or day off.
Monday- light session, shape, set pieces
Tuesday- travel to game or likely no training if home game,
Weds possible day off etc etc...

If you are in squad, same as above.
If suspended, same as above but would be expected to be at ground for home games.
If not in squad, there would be sessions on "light" days for those members.

Although, ad Robins has noted, each week is different and comes with different challenges! And then throw covid into the mixer too....

Some managers may throw in "double" sessions- morning and afternoon too. Rare, usually pre season or if a new manager comes in and wants to change things dramatically.

The above would also be for a regular efl side.

Factor in European games in prem, training is obviously less.

Jagmannn

Let's say there are two games, Saturday and Tuesday:
If there wasn't a game on the Tuesday before the Saturday game, then generally players would be expected in Sunday for a cool down.
Monday would be training - one session probably- report in for say 9, breakfast, train 10:30 until 12:30
Tuesday- same
Weds - same.
Thursday (possibly the weds) would be a day off.
Thursday training- possibly shape
Friday, light, shape/set plays possibly (possible travel to away hotel - may limit, cause there to be no training)
Saturday report to ground at say 1pm
Sunday, (bearing in mind game Tuesday) could be cool down at TG or day off.
Monday- light session, shape, set pieces
Tuesday- travel to game or likely no training if home game,
Weds possible day off etc etc...

If you are in squad, same as above.
If suspended, same as above but would be expected to be at ground for home games.
If not in squad, there would be sessions on "light" days for those members.

Although, ad Robins has noted, each week is different and comes with different challenges! And then throw covid into the mixer too....

Some managers may throw in "double" sessions- morning and afternoon too. Rare, usually pre season or if a new manager comes in and wants to change things dramatically.

The above would also be for a regular efl side.

Factor in European games in prem, training is obviously less.
Thank you for taking the time ...i always thought that they had Sundays off ( the young lads on the piss Saturday night )

Jamesimus

I quite honestly would not want to live like that and would also not want the pressure and attention that would inevitably come with it.

That's not to say he's a tit, just very similar to majority of other lads his age I guess.

Also, celebs purchasing dogs with cropped ears is pretty irresponsible imo.

Terry Gibson's perm

In a few months time it will be in the papers James Maddison’s house broken into and a picture of him saying why do these things happen.

Nick

Administrator
I quite honestly would not want to live like that and would also not want the pressure and attention that would inevitably come with it.

That's not to say he's a tit, just very similar to majority of other lads his age I guess.

Also, celebs purchasing dogs with cropped ears is pretty irresponsible imo.
Pretty sure you could live away from the spotlight if you wanted though. Lots of players do

rob9872

I played in a side that did particularly well one season good FA Cup run, league Cup, Birmingham senior, Fa Vase etc, we played 66 games.
No dietitians, cryo baths, psychologists etc.... plenty of going to work the day after long midweek trips ..

Dyche also comes from the old school of player. He was in the first team at Chesterfield when I was in the youth team. Good, down to earth hard working pro.
We trained at the ground. No canteen before/after training, only "addition" was a physio on duty at the ground.
Also, when I say ground, Google "saltergate"... then have a look at Leicesters training ground and compare!! :ROFLMAO:
So did you play for Chesterfield or at Chesterfield? If so, why were they in the fa vase as only out the league 3 years back or Birmingham senior cup for that matter as don't enter??

shepardo01

So did you play for Chesterfield or at Chesterfield? If so, why were they in the fa vase as only out the league 3 years back or Birmingham senior cup for that matter as don't enter??
Youth team at Chesterfield - I'm 43 now - 1st team were div2 at time (lg1 equivalent)
FA Vase was later in my footy journey for a non league side.

rob9872

Youth team at Chesterfield - I'm 43 now - 1st team were div2 at time (lg1 equivalent)
FA Vase was later in my footy journey for a non league side.
Did you come through with Kevin Davies then? Must be similar age and that's when they had that cup run v Boro in quarters or semi?

shepardo01

Did you come through with Kevin Davies then? Must be similar age and that's when they had that cup run v Boro in quarters or semi?
Yep.
Davies was already in 1st team at 16,
I was released at end of season before their cup semi season - but had affinity as was with/around that group of people for two years previously.

Liquid Gold

He also eats worms

Users who are viewing this thread